SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question: where do scammers come from?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
gillianw
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey folks

I've got a question for all you experienced baiters (I'm new, obvi). I see that most of the scammers come from parts of Africa, but where else do you find them? Do you ever bait American or European scammers? What proportion of the scammers would you say are non-African?

This certainly isn't an accusation of racism. Just curious about where the rest of these a-holes are hiding out. Ideas? Question
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most are West African. Specifically Lagos, Nigeria. However, Ghana, Togo, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, etc. have high rates of scammers too. South Africa and Kenya are blessed with them as well.

They are not specific to Africa though. London and Amsterdam have a high population as well. Asia also has their gangs as well.

Every once in a while we are lucky enough to find a scammer in America. Dallas, Atlanta and New York are among some of the places where you can find them around the US.

So, basically, they are all over.

EDIT: By the way- welcome aboard. Nice to have you with us!

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome to the eater.

Firstly, there is no racism in what we do, and we do not tolearte racists or their views.

The simple fact of the matter is, when emails are sent out, we have no idea who is sending them, black, white, who knows, then when we check the IP address of the sender, more often than not, the scam email was sent from places like Nigeria, Ghana, Togo etc, for every 100 emails I receive, about 95% are from African scammers, we just bait the emails that we receive, it's not our fault that they mostly come from Africa, if they mostly came from a group of white people in London, they would be baited exactly the same, and no doubt people would say we are being reacist towards whites, a lot of people can't seem to graps the fact that there are a lot of black people in the trophy room, that is simply because they were black people pulling scams, if we get a white person doing the same thing, and someone gets a photo of them, that will also go in the trophy room.

I don't bother being politically correct, so whilst scams come from many countries in the world, such as the UK, Canada, Spain, Netherlands etc, you could be mistaken for thinking it is a national from one of those countries sending the scam emails, except that somewhere along the line, the people from those countries will either have an African IP address, or will require a fee paid to someone in Africa, or if you talk to them on the phone, it is quite obvious that they are African, there are heavy West African scamming communities in all those countries I listed.

They you have the vlads, what we refer to as Eastern European scammers, such as the Russians and Romanians, which are a completely different ball game, those scammer tend to have websites for fake couriers, escrows and employment websites etc, these scammers are not as likely to send photos as the African scammers, vlads are a lot more internet/computer savvy than their African scamming counterparts, so you will see less of them for that reason.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, let's see now.... A momma scammer and a daddy scammer love each other very much.....

Oh, that's not what you meant?

There was an article in the KC Star a week ago Sunday concerning a man who lost $300K to Canadian lottery scammers. They come from everywhere.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
luckey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems to me that the more law enforcement agencies of a given country ignore the activities of scammers, the higher the scammer population tends to be.

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Gillian, welcome to the eater.

I think Scam Patroller has made an excellent post there, there's probably not a lot I can add.

Yes scammers come from all over the world. And yes, rather a lot come from West Africa. Proportion wise, I have no idea what it would work out at, but from running my phone service I can tell you that I have had maybe 30 callers who were obviously male and African (3 of which were using UK numbers), one who was female and African, and one who was female and Russian.
(I don't do many love baits so that explains the 1 Russian!)

Draw what conclusions you will from that, there's certainly a visible trend! But yeah, it's not exclusively African.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Lynette Fromme
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I currently have scam letters originating from China, Turkey, Canada, and the US as well as letters originating from African countries.

I hope this helps answer your question.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like everyone above said, it's a fact. Scams originate from wherever there are lots of people. Nigeria may be famous for the 419-ers, but one has to keep in mind that (I think) Nigeria is Africa's most populous country. The ones you'll see in your inbox are often variations of the classic "Nigerian scam" or 419, but many other regions have their scammers that are almost as well-known.

For example, Russia and the Eastern Bloc are known for the romance scammers, Romania is known for the vehicle scams, etc. I believe (though I could be wrong) that many of the phishy scams originate in the western world of US, Canada and the EU. And let's not forget Asia. Other nationalities and groups have their little niche scams too, all of which cost the honest public. I think the first recorded scam in history involved a farmer and some magic beans - I think it took place in Pittsburgh maybe.

On-line scammers have been arrested in just about every major city on the globe, from Lagos to Toronto, from NYC to Moscow. There was even one busted in my little town a year or so ago.

As you see, scammers aren't racist and neither are we. They come from every corner of the planet, and they'll be around as long as there is money. And so will we. Very Happy
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Technically speaking, the answer to your question is, a womb.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd like to elaborate on what Shiver said.

While their bodies may come, in most cases, from West Africa (i.e., wombs in West Africa), their minds come from the rotten pits of Hell.
Old Coaster
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think there may be more afro ethnic scammers, but they are nothing like as dangerous as those from the Eastern Block who are multiplying very fast.

United Kingdom Nigeria United Kingdom Spain
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SP summed it up pretty much perfectly. They are here, there and everywhere.

Tommo once met one socially where one lived- small village in England -although at the time I didn't realise he was 419 until somebody told me afterwards. He was, surprisingly, Nigerian but a guest living and 'working' in London.

Internet 419 fraud knows no geographical boundaries - every continent apart from Antarctica, because there are no Western Union Offices there yet as far as I know.

Tommo.

[Edit] Bugger, I'm talking in the third person again. Shocked

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic