SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

They really try to translate !

View next topic
View previous topic

mape01
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Started a new bait on friday. Boring setup: girl in refugee camp, much money involved - just the same as usual.

Was angry about that idot from the first mail on, so i tried to pretend to have only marginal knowledge of english. (I am native austrian, so its easy for me:-) Just wanted to play around and delaying everything by a lack of understanding.

Got totally surprised when i got a "german" mail this very moment! Well, its not really german but the reader can get the point.
Do they do someting like that often?

I immedeatly responded with a long and very very complicated mail with words included nobody uses in daily life. Lets see what they do with that.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the foreign baits and make them write english or another language of choice. (got 4 handy Laughing ) Of course my character is trying to comply and starts terrible letters in their language that will take them days to understand Twisted Evil Use what you can to make it clear that you're a willing, greedy victim with a "little" language handycap Wink Frysland boppe!

Last edited by bill2 on Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
MHK
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks like you got a lad who knows how to use babelfish Smile But the fun of babelfish is that the translations can sometimes be really bad, and give translations which make no sense what so ever.

mape01
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^so do my answers in 16th century style Razz

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ mape01 Got some of these things, too...from Madrid and Sth Africa in my case. No one liked to continue in German after I wrote in a babelfished style myself Wink

And your post reminds me of Kleindoofy once having answered (or merely suggested in a forum post) the mugu in dialect which they can not babelfish. Could be nice for Bavarian/Frisian/Saxonian-trained folks...well, for anybody!

Latin has never worked but I can use this to insult the lads while posing as a convincing doctor Very Happy

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Dr. Max Wieldruk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love replying to "Dutch' Lotto Lads in Dutch. Of course in rather idiomatic Dutch with long-winded sentences and the occasional spelling error to make Bablefish stumble. It can be quite fun really. The replies result in gems like this one, which I'm afraid will mean little to the larger part of the members here but will leave Dutch smiling to say the least:

Quote:
Complimenten van de dag aan u. Ik ontving uw post en ik wil u weten dat wij uit een manier hebben gevormd waarmee deze transactie zonder enig probleem met uw volledig bedrijf kan worden behandeld en voor u zeker is van wat ik zeg ik naar u een afgetast exemplaar van mijn internationaal paspoort zal verzenden. ...
Deze documenten naar u ook op verwerving worden verzonden. Ik wil u weten dat wij modaliteiten hebben uitgewerkt op hoe deze transactie met succes in de kortste mogelijke tijd worden uitgevoerd.

^^^^ Bill2:
De korrekte stavering is 'Fryslân boppe', jongkeardel! Ha we mear as ien frysktaliche op dit forum? Dat soe nochris bisűnder wčze! Mar de 'lads' binne ôfhinklik fan oersettingsprogramma's lykas Babelfish, en dan komst net sa fier mei Frysk. Mei automatyske oersettings tusken it Hollânsk en it Ingelsk komst wol in hiel ein, mar dat ik wit is dęr noch gjin automatyske oersettingsmogelikhyd Ingelsk fan en nei it Frysk!
(Sorry folks, just a few words in Frisian, a minority language spoken by some 300.000 people living on the edge of the civilised world in the remote north of a small country generally known as the Netherlands.)

- What happen because we where at the Airport to pick you up as we schadule but we could not found you. (Evans William)

Netherlands 2x| Safari 1x, Amsterdam-Delfzijl, 250 km Mortar x12
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dr.
I have visit with your friend Max Laadvermogen many times Smile
My Frisian is limited unfortunately. The only regular visit was the "11 stedentocht" on a motor bike. A wonderful part of the country where space and endless views are still possible.
I knew about the â in Fryslân but couldn’t find it fast enough, sorry. I use home made dialect to help my “friends” understand that I have plenty of time to help them and Babel fish doesn’t. Twisted Evil
The base for that “dialect” is what ever I can remember from my nice visits during “Pinksteren” long weekends. Rolling Eyes beers! Thumbs up
I didn’t mean to misuse or even abuse the oldest language in the Netherlands, my apologies for my misbehaviour.
Yes dear Limburgers, you have a nice old language too, but I don’t even try to write that down in public. The Janse Bagge band made clear that that’s impossible. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Thanks for stirring up some nice memories for me.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Bill2
Nice to hear you like this part of the country so well! Thumbs up

I've done a bait in Dutch which lasted almost a month and it was me who got fed up - the lad kept on sending me Double Dutch like this:

Quote:
Beste ... ga ik uw post en gevoeld droevig voor wat u pas throughon proberend hebt om het met de bank omhoog te maken ik ons goed enkel dit project wilde verhaasten omdat ik weet dat zij spoediger het geld zij verwerken en overbrengen het spoedigst de FONDSEN worden dit de reden is waarom ik goed verontrust was welk ooit u schemerige pasvorm met me

A nice example of 'lost in translation' here, für die Deutschsprecher:
http://www.how-to-become-rich-dotcom.de/othfoffdeutsch.htm

I MAY just as well try a bait in Frisian. If it continues for over a week I'd consider it a huge success. Wink

- What happen because we where at the Airport to pick you up as we schadule but we could not found you. (Evans William)

Netherlands 2x| Safari 1x, Amsterdam-Delfzijl, 250 km Mortar x12
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL that's real Frutch ? Where did he get his text? I had to read it three times and I'm not sure that I understand it. Very Happy
Max, I like the wide open space like the prairie here, I miss the rain though. We only get 4-5 " a year, you can pluck your sun dried tomatoes of the plant in July. Just had our second rain since the beginning of May, total now at least ˝” or 12.5mm Sad Comes with the territory I guess.
Some scammer write Dutch though(check IP#), poor, but definitly Dutch. So why make it easy for them Twisted Evil My German is terrible as special signs aren't on this thing. French is even worse and that's for me as hard as for the "Russian" vlads Laughing I quit doing it.
The evenings with the gang on the camp site in Leeuwarden
And a little jam at the start at Vos Motoren (not sure about the name)

Fryslân boppe

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic