SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Phony check

View next topic
View previous topic

budman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The following is from my dealings with a scammer who goes by the name of Eddie Craig. Please note that I am an honest business owner. The product I sell I manufacture myself. It is a legal product in every part of the world. Most of the items I make are for commissioned orders, but occasionally I have inventory stock for sale.

Hello,
I saw your ad on xxxx.com and i wanted to know if the item is still available, thank you.

Ed.

Yes it is. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for the interest.
Bud

Yes, i do have a couple of questions. I will like to know the condition of the item, if it has been used before and your final asking price. I will also like to see pics of it if available, thank you. I will be willing to pay either via money order or cashiers cheque.

Ed.

Note: At this point I am a little suspicious. There was link in the ad to photographs. I mention this to my wife and she thinks I'm paranoid.

The condition is excellent. The xxxx was completed several months ago, but I consider it brand new. There are no chips or scratches. There is a link on the ad at xxxx.com to some photos. Did you not see the link? Here it is again. http://www.xxxxx
The price is $2300 with free shipping inside the mainland US. Where would the xxxx be shipping too? There will be additional shipping costs if it ships outside the US.
Thanks,
Bud

Thank you, i saw the photos and i was happy about what i saw. You will be shipping to NY. I will need the name and address i am sending payment to, nice doing this deal with you.

Ed.

Please make the $2300 payment payable to "Bud" and send it to the following address:
xxxx
xxxx, xx xxxxx
As soon as the funds clear the xxxx will ship.
Thanks,
Bud

Note: At this point I wasn't concerned and I really didn't expect to receive any money. A lot of people I deal with say they're sending payments, but I never see the money. I pretty much forgot about this guy. Three days later I received an overnighted envelope from UPS with a return address from Colorado. I don't recognize the name on the return address, which is "James Bill". Inside is a phony check for $4200. It's obvious the check is fake. It was printed on an inkjet printer. I spotted that right away. On the check memo it says, "RE: George Frost". I have no clue who George Frost is. There is nothing else in the envelope. I search through my emails and can't find any clues about who might have sent the check and what it was for. My wife and I start digging. She follows up on the UPS tracking number and finds out the envelope originates from Miami, FL. She calls UPS and they tell her the account number used is from a company in Ohio. We look up the company on the net and figure the account number was probably stolen. I dig up some information on phony checks and scams. I find an 800 number to call and they tell me the check is a fake, which I already knew. They tell me I can file a police report. It finally dawns on me and I remember this Eddie Craig guy from a few days ago. I say to my wife, "I bet I get an email from this guy in the next day or two asking if I got the check his friend sent."
Right on cue...

Hello,
here is the tracking number of the payment to you. UPS : A5594631532
Pls let me know when you have payment in your posession. Thank you.

Ed.

Note: The tracking number matches the envelope. I decide to play along to see if I can get an address.

I got the payment. What address do I ship the xxxx to? Also the payment was for $4200. The xxxx is only $2300.
Thanks,
Bud

Yes, the payment was for $4,200.I am sorry for the little misunderstanding. My assistant made that mistake. I will like you to pls after cashing the payment, send the money(balance) to this following info.......
Name: Nadine Ferrer
Address: Miami FL 33125
Eddie.
PS; the item will be going to thesame address. thanks again.

Do you not have a street address? I don't think it can be delivered to just a city and zip code.
Thanks,
Bud

Hello Bud,
Am so sorry for the late responce something came up now,You we not be sending the payment to Nadine Ferrer in FL ,again you we be sending the xxxx and the balance of the money to the information below,But first you we have to send the money through MONEY GRAM MONEY TRANSFER THIS INFORMATION
John Smith
2744 Peachtree Road,
Atlanta,Georgia 30305
And pls get back to me with the money gram refrence number printed on the receipt given to you after sending the money.
PS: You we have to wait for my instuction before shiping the xxxx to the name and address but pls make sure you get it send today ok so that the labour holiday we not destroye things over thier in GA.
Ed

Note: The address he gave me if the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta Georgia...and who is John Smith?

Hi Ed,
I deposited the check yesterday and I have the residual cash on hand, but I ran into a little bit of a situation. On the way back from the bank I had to drop off a few items for the Crab Claw Festival we're having at our Jumbo Palace of Meditation this evening. I was talking to our Head Honcho Big Kahuna and I told him how excited I was from the sale of this xxxx. It's really going to help launch my business and get things rolling. You know, take it to another level. It turns out that September 1st in conjunction with the Crab Claw Festival launches our "Sabbatical From The World Jubilee". Unfortunately, as our Head Honcho Big Kahuna reminded me, that during the Jubilee, which runs the entire month of September, we're not allowed to conduct business with non-members of our Meditation Organization. I've only been a member for eight years, so I forget some of the rules sometimes...but I'm learning. They're a great bunch of folks and are very patient with me. However...if you were willing to join our Meditation Organization I would be able to conduct the sale as planned. The cost for membership is a one time $50 fee. You will receive a beautiful membership certificate and a sealed box of Meditation Chocolate Covered Crab Claws autographed by our very own Head Honcho Big Kahuna. The Crab Claws are delicious. I can eat a whole box by myself.

I apologize. My hands are tied. If you're willing to join we can proceed. If it was up to me I'd just take the $50 from your pile of cash I have here and we would be down the road, but the Head Honcho Big Kahuna told me that was business money and he doesn't want it intermingled with Jumbo Palace of Meditation funds. He reminded me that you aren't a member yet so that cash is no good. He said the membership dues need to be dedicated funds with intention to join. Also the Jumbo Palace of Meditation request that you send the membership dues in cash with a letter requesting to join. It doesn't have to be a fancy letter. Just something simple like, "I Eddie Craig wish to become a member of the Jumbo Palace of Meditation and promise to live by all of the rules of the Palace. Please find the enclosed $50 cash membership dues. Blessings, Eddie Craig". You can mail it to me and I'll see that the Head Honcho Big Kahuna gets it and approves it as soon as possible.

On the other hand if you don't feel like joining the Jumbo Palace of Meditation I can understand, but I won't be able to conduct any business outside of the Organization membership and you will have to wait until the 1st of October to receive the xxxx and the cash. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your patience. It's businessmen like you that make the world go around.

Anyway, I'm late for the Crab Claw Festival. I'll check my email when I get back this evening.

Blessings,
Bud

I Eddie Craig wish to become a member of the Jumbo Palace of Meditation and promise to live by all of the rules of the Palace. Please find the enclosed $50 cash membership dues. Blessings, Eddie Craig.
pls i dont have any other cash at hand right now,I will be very pleased if you can deduct the $50 from my cash with you, I am interested but you should have informed me earlier than this cause you are suppose to let me know this before now,Pls make sure you send my letter of application to Head Honcho Big Kahuna so he can aprove it asap to also anable you to send my money to the infor given to you today through money gram money transfer.And also sumit my latter of application to the Head Honcho so i can receive a beautiful membership certificate and a sealed box of Meditation Chocolate Covered Crab Claws autographed by our very own Head Honcho Big Kahuna,
Here is the infor again
John Smith
2744 Peachtree Road,
Atlanta,Georgia 30305
PS: MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MONEY SENT TODAY AND GET BACK TO ME WITH MONEY GRAM REFRENCE NUMBER TODAY UNFAILLIGLY
Thanks
Ed

Hi Ed,
I just got back from the Crab Claw Festival and I am STUFFED! I think I ate too many crab claws. There were all kinds of flavors of crab claws. My favorites were the egg roll flavored crab claws, made with real eggs. Some of the other flavors of crab claws were kind of spicy. I think I drank about three gallons of fish punch to put out the fire, if you know what I mean. I think I'm going to be peeing all night. I've got to be back tomorrow early in the morning. I volunteered to work in the parking lot picking up trash all day tomorrow. You don't want them crab claws stinking up thewhole town. It's going to be a long day. Did I mention it was a three day festival? There were about 400 people there tonight. Tomorrow we expect about 800 and probably about 1200 on Labor Day. That's a lot of crab claws!

Anyway I was super excited to read your email about joining our Jumbo Palace of Meditation. This will make things go much smoother. I'm going to need a real letter with your signature though. You can cut and paste the words, but just make sure you sign it at the bottom. Again, it doesn't have to be fancy, but it does have to be genuine. I had the privilege of sitting at the table of our Head Honcho Big Kahuna and his wife, Mrs. Head Honcho Big Kahuna at the Crab Claw Festival this evening. It was a real honor since I haven't been a member as long as some folks. Anyway, the Head Honcho Big Kahuna was telling his wife about the sale of the xxxx and how excited I was. They were both so happy for me. It made me blush. I told them I had also possibly found a new member for the Palace. They said I was on a roll and Mrs. Head Honcho Big Kahuna told me to get down with my bad self. I really need you to come through for me on this deal. I have the potential of being promoted within our organization to the next level, which is "Chief Candle Lighter". What a day that will be!

As far as the money goes I can't touch the cash from your check until you become a member of our Jumbo Palace of Meditation. The Head Honcho Big Kahuna considers it contaminated since it came from a business transaction with a non-member. I'm not even allowed to touch it, but I have a confession. I've touched it a couple of times since I brought it home from the bank yesterday. Once yesterday and once today, which is the start of our "Sabbatical From The World Jubilee". I've never seen that much cash in one place. It's soooo tempting. Please don't ever tell the Head Honcho Big Kahuna if you ever meet him in person. I'll get in serious trouble. He travels a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if you run into him one day. As I mentioned the $50 fee must be dedicated to the membership. Can't you just get a cash advance from your American Express Gold Business Card? I'm sure a successful businessman as yourself wouldn't have trouble coming up with an extra $50. There's no need to send it overnight like your assistant did with the last check. A stamped envelope through the Post Office is just fine, but be sure to include the membership request letter. That is a must! And if you have the time please meditate over it while thinking about the Jumbo Palace before you send it. It'll make things much better. Very soon your certificate of membership, your autographed box of Meditation Chocolate Covered Crab Claws, your xxxx and your cash will be on it's way to you! How exciting is that?!!!!!

Well, it's late and I have to get up early.

Blessings,
Bud

Note: At this point I request some advice from the 419eaters forum. I'm concerned that the scammer has my real address. I get some good advice and decide to cut him off.

Hello Bud,
I will appreciate we do not mix business with pleasure. I will really appreciate we kept business out of this, i am looking forward to you keeping your words and send the money today. Thank you very much. As for the item, i will keep you posted. I want to believe that i can count on you. If you cannot take out of the money like you have earlier stated, then i will send the money to you after i have received the funds from you. Please lets get this over with and then we talk about my joining the association,which at the moment it is certain i will join. I already pledge to.
Thanks again.
Ed

Hi Ed,
What long day! I was up with the birds this morning and off to the Festival. It was a hot today and the smell of crab claws was in the air. Not something that's pleasant to smell when it's 100 degrees and you've been picking up rubbish all day...Anyway, I have some terrible, terrible news. While I was at the Crab Claw Festival my pet Vietnamese pot-bellied pig, Charlatan, jumped up on my desk and ate the cash. I only found a few small pieces of Benjamin Franklin's head on the floor...and to top it all off there was a message from my banker, Mr. Derek Smalls, waiting for me on my answering machine. He said he had been working by himself, doing some overtime this weekend while the staff was away for the holiday weekend. He was tying up some loose ends at the bank and discovered a problem with the check your assistant sent me. He's asked me to meet him at the bank first thing in the morning so he can clear up the matter before they open for business on Tuesday. He's opening up special for me to come in. He also asked me to bring the $1900 cash. What am I going to do now? I don't have the cash! My pig ate it! I was really depending on that money from the xxxx sale too. I was starting to panic so I just called the Head Honcho Big Kahuna. I'm heading out the door right now. The Head Honcho Big Kahuna has agreed to meet me at the local Frosty Freeze in a few minutes. I'm sure he'll have some meditations for me to contemplate and discuss with me how I can explain all this to Mr. Derek Smalls in the morning. I think this is going to bring a sad ending to what started out as a wonderful festive weekend. I'm so confused!
Bud

I don't expect to hear from him again.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic