SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Laser eye correction surgery

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am considering having the surgery, Lasik eye surgery to be specific.

Has anyone had this done? Please tell me about your experience with it.

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your usual reply to most things is :-

I hope that helps. Laughing Laughing

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Pastor Frank.

I wear glasses and have often considered getting this done. I have worn contacts at times but found them pretty harsh on my eyes. The idea of something like laser surgery happening on my eye whilst being fully awake has made me squeamish beyond means, but perhaps I'll get over that eventually and get it done.

I say go for it, if you have the money and motivation, it's a pretty standard procedure these days I think and has minimal risks.

Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ B&B

Ouch. Embarassed hehehehe Wink

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've thought long & hard about this very subject but I have to say that here in the UK, I'm not convinced (yet) of how successful the operation is.
I've read the forums on pre/post victims...(I mean patients) and was surprised at the number of complaints.
But the thing that clinched it for me was that although the procedure was 100% safe, they only operate on one eye at a time.
They claim this is because of people being able to function after the op which seems fair except that the poor patients were in pain/couldn't see /very blurred etc.
On the whole...I looked at the whole thing like a breast implant, most will be ok but for the poor few, a lifelomg nighmare.
I hope I've cheered you up Wink
EDIT
Pastor: PM me if you need any links

we build relationship and watch it going up am a woman i need you to be at peace first not so wild like animal. (Mrs. Elizabeth)
NOW WALK MAJESTICALLY LIKE A LION TO YOUR WU OFFICE (williams wilcox)
I love the idea of the Security verification code (Freeborn Moses after 1143 answers)
SWING INTO ACTION EMBLIND (in a subject line)
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
That is my main concern. They say complications are rare, but what if I am the one in a million that gets his retinas fried crisp due to a freak power surge. There are always risks in life, but becoming blind is a crappy consequence.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My Paw Paw said,

Quote:
You could walk out there on that sidewalk and get hit by a bus.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Baldrick
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Pastor
Yes exactly......bear in mind that anyone can manipulate statistics to prove anything. As we all know...99% of statistics are made up.
However, I looked at this whole thing an decided against it.
You may decide otherwise but I urge you to look further than the internet, do your research and then decide.
By the way...I still look stupid with glasses but if a 6 yr old child can handle it so can I
Good luck

we build relationship and watch it going up am a woman i need you to be at peace first not so wild like animal. (Mrs. Elizabeth)
NOW WALK MAJESTICALLY LIKE A LION TO YOUR WU OFFICE (williams wilcox)
I love the idea of the Security verification code (Freeborn Moses after 1143 answers)
SWING INTO ACTION EMBLIND (in a subject line)
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've worn specs all my life. I'd rather go blind slowly Shocked than pay money to go blind quickly if it went wrong. Like every medical procedure it has it risks.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked my optometrist about laser surgery and she said that if you are short-sighted it can be very effective. If you are long-sighted (like me) or wear bi-focal/vari-focal spectacles then it's not so successful. I don't know about your area Pastor Frank but around here most lazer clinics offer a free initial consultation to determine whether you are suitable for the treatment. Of course they are going to tell you that you are a prime candidate so you need to do some research first.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
mape01
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor!
You don�t take medical advice from an internet forum full of strange people, do you? Wink

As i am concerned, i have plenty of dioptries now (approx. 10, short sighted) and things got worse every year. 10 years ago i began using contacts an everthing turned out fine. The dioptries stopped at the level of 1997 and i have a vision like an eagle. Man, i got a private pilots license that way!!

Tought often about laser surgery, but was never convinced to try cause of possible implications - the risk simply was to high.

Seen a documentary on TV once, they slice the top of the eye, burn the inside with the laser, put the slice on again and hope it will heal - all while your brain is up and running.

Last edited by mape01 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When Homer had it done he refused the expensive eye drops, and his eyes crusted over as he left the shop.

I know someone who had it done, smelling your own burning eyeball didn't sound nice. Shocked

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Seen a documentary on TV once, they slice the top of the eye, burn the inside with the laser, put the slice on again and hope it will heal - all while your brain is up and running.

I wanted to get this surgery till I saw the exact same documentary. I'm far sighted (I can't see lettering on signs, such as speed limits!!) but I know my town very well so even if I forget my glasses, I can get home without having cops on me ^_^.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mape01 wrote:
Pastor!
You don�t take medical advice from an internet forum full of strange people, do you? Wink

I did once, on that gender reassignment thread I posted a few months ago, I have regretted it ever since!

I was just looking from some personal testimony. As Gnasher said, the clinics that offer it obviously are the wrong ones to ask. Here in the states many, including me, get our eye exams, and glasses, at the local WalMart. We really don't develop a personal relationship with our ophthalmologist. (Edit: I think I meant optometrist)

I have been shotgunning this question all about my circle of friends. The reactions have been mixed. The biggest complaint that I have heard, from those that have had the procedure, are "halos" from outdoor lights at night. Since I work a good deal of the year outdoors, during the night, it has been a major consideration.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Oh yes, by the way, here is a screen shot of my Gmail inbox. J/K B&B Wink

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's come a long way since it first started and I think most of the bugs have been worked out. Wink

I've thought about it, but I'm also worried about losing my night vision, so I've never done it.

Contacts work fine- I'm legally blind without corrective lenses, but with contacts I have 20/20 (sometimes 20/15 depending on the brand).

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If everything goes right I am having this done on 28 September here in the US. The night vision thing is largely in the past. The issue was that they did not correct enough of you eye so that when you were out at night and your pupil was fully dilated you had some area that was not corrected "exposed". They have sorted that by using a wider laser beam.

The biggest complaint by far is dry eyes. Both my brothers and father have had it done with no complaints. My one brother uses artificial tears quite a bit, but he has always been a bit of a hypochondriac.

All in all I agree that it is a bit scary due to the fact they do both eyes at once and if messed up you can have problems. The incident of problem is VERY low however.

In my case I have awful vision (-7.25 diopters) so when I wake up I cannot see anything until I find my glasses. For the past several years I have not been able to wear contacts due to eye allergies that came on late in life.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
UncleNed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did the science behind how it works in my optics class this year. What is basically happening is the laser makes ridges into your lens which messes with the light in such a way that is compensates for it. It's supposed to be very safe and very hard to mess up.

However due to safety concerns there is a minimum distance from the edge that cannot be touched. When your pupils are dialated(for example, at night time) they can extend passed the edge of the fixed zone. To get a feeling of what this will do go outside, take off your glasses and look at a random light. Without glasses, it's a huge starburst type pattern, while with glasses it's just a dot. Now with the surgery you will see a part of the very edge of this starburst(representing the light hitting the untouched portion of the lens) in addition to what you would see when wearing glasses. As far I know this is the only disadvantage, but even then it's more of a small area that isn't corrected rather than a new problem.

Still, members of my family have gotten the surgery and they think it's the best thing ever. I am yet to hear about anyone who had a problem firsthand.

Edit: Beaten by a minute!

"Your life is a monument to stupidity, I am breathless that anyone or anything in our universe can really be this stupid. You are a primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid you LITTLE SHIT !! " Raymond Hanz of Fnaz Kapitial (Now behind bars)

"YOU CAN CUT YOUR DIG AND EAT IT, YOU LOUSY FOOOOOOOL............" Sani Suleman Listen to him on the Radio (Starts at 19 minutes)
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had it done; perfect optical result but I now suffer (3 years later so essentially permanent) from dry eye, which in short means uncomfortable eyes just about all the time, but especially at the end of the day. This is a relatively common complication...

Also remember (I don't know your age), that the surgery will not prevent middle-aged onset of presbyopia, so will still need reading glasses at some stage.

The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mike:

Looking back on it would you have it done knowing what you know now?

The Man

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope....

Edit: although if I didn't have the dry eye, I would definitely recommend it!

B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was going to have it done. I was told that it wouldn't work in my case. So I got a vasectomy instead. Laughing True story.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

B. A. Ware wrote:
So I got a vasectomy instead. Laughing True story.

The bride and I had 2 boys within the first 20 months of marriage. We were set for plenty more until we figured out what caused it. I had a vasectomy right after we figured it out. Laughing

Edit: Thanks for the input. I have made my decision after talking to my family doctor. He is not an Ophthalmologist but he said something I heard 20+ years ago while in the 101st Airborne Division. "Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" That rung true to me, why mess with a good set of eyes.

Thanks again, Mods, please lock this. I have made up my mind.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic