SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Update banking info

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there any way to bait the emails sending you to another site to update banking info before the account is closed?... I know they are phishing but is there any way of giving them the BS?

I was just wondering about these types of emails... I get them all the time even from banks that I have no account in... normally I forward them to abuse@(the bank) and thats it.

I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR $130 CANNOT BUY ME ABOTTLE OF BEER IN MY COUNTRY

I believed you should be trying to pull my legs and let it be so as I will not like to tolerate such attitude from you

Please brother stop that joke, it is an expensive joke that can cause hyper tension.

BECAUSE IN MY VILLAGE WE DONT HAVE A TELL PHONE
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I doubt it, but you could always try replying if it's a valid address. Just remember to bait safe and see what (if anything) happens.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
mrbigtime
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

who is the bank killer? this one is different... even if its just thier fake site it does have its own .com

perhaps I could forward this to someone who knows better... I get these all the time but this one seems different. It's north island credit union and I did a google search and apparently it is a real credit union but why would a legit bank send an email to someone who has never had an account with them with a link to update my information?... and i was able to send a reply to the email... I just replied that "my account seemed to be working just fine"

Combined posts. TS

I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR $130 CANNOT BUY ME ABOTTLE OF BEER IN MY COUNTRY

I believed you should be trying to pull my legs and let it be so as I will not like to tolerate such attitude from you

Please brother stop that joke, it is an expensive joke that can cause hyper tension.

BECAUSE IN MY VILLAGE WE DONT HAVE A TELL PHONE
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, they can't be baited. There isn't anyone to bait. The criminals simply harvest the cc and personal info that people have left there and then either use the info themselves or sell it to others.

The spoof sites are usually hosted on bots (hijacked/compromised personal computers) so they aren't killable via normal reporting methods.

The best thing to do with these is report them to the spoofed company or bank; you can also post them on sites such as phishfighting.com.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic