SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hey Lad, you've been had!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Should lads know they've been had?

Never let a lad know you're on to them!
63%
 63%  [ 57 ]
At some point, a lad should be told he's been baited
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
It makes no difference either way
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
I could have used the search feature to see if this required a poll
28%
 28%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 90

Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ameriken wrote:
considering the posts I have seen (including one just tonite), I expected so see some folks on the other side of the fence!

Yes, you'll see threads where people boast about telling lads that they have been baited, but in general, only newbies do this. There are exceptions to every rule, of course, but most regulars change tactics when they see the consensus in a thread like this one.

I don't tell them for several reasons:
- first, it spoils the field for the next baiter (trophies are much harder to get nowadays than they used to be)
- second, I want a lad to blame himself when things go wrong. Or (even better) if there are two scammers involved, i want them to blame each other

As to the suggestion that telling lads they have been baited makes them paranoid, there are lots of inventive ways to achieve the goal without admitting to baiting

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PsycheDelia_Smith wrote:
Where there are two or more lads involved, it can sometimes be productive to tell one lad he's been screwed over, but tell the others that he collected the money.

I like that option. Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The bait's over if you tell them you're a baiter. If you never tell them, it's never over.

The other day one told me I had sent him a fake transfer slip and that I was a liar and a cheat (yeah, like he isn't Very Happy), then he asked me to send the payment by WU instead. Shocked

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
MisterHobbs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the first baits I started when I joined last month is still going on and yielded a bank account which I gave to @@4l9.org and they got it shut down. While continuing that bait, I began baiting him from a second character, and just got a second account to turn over. If I get time I may consider a third bait with another character.

Getting a bank account is far from a trophy, and I don't quite know how much that impacts the lads, but I imagine at the very least it is frustrating for them.....and for me, being able to continue that over and over and over is far more rewarding than letting the cat out of the bag.

New to baiting and want a mentor? Click here!
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Getting one lad account shut down hurts them a lot mate, 2 shut down is major lad-pain Twisted Evil So well done. Most of the accounts are set up using fake details, costing the lads time and money. Closing them is more then just a minor inconvenience.
As for burning lads, sorely tempting sometimes, but I resist. I'd rather re-bait them and waste even more of their time and resources.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tend to play both sides of the fence (I voted that it doesn't matter). If I am pretending just to be a real victim, then I don't tell them. As others stated, I would rather them scratch their heads and wonder what went wrong.

There are, however, rare occasions where I think it is appropriate. There are times where they just need to know that everything that they have done is all in vain. The whole time it has been fake. I would have for a year long mugu to think that at some point it was real. I want him to know that from day 1, every tattoo, every safari, ever picture was for nothing. So, on that hand, I prefer to tell them. I think it makes them overly paranoid. I am in the minority on this though.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm just waiting for a certain mod to make a comment along the lines of
Quote:
folks that are prone to start polls wouldn't know a search button if it thwacked them in the butt with a porcupine
so I can add it to my signature.

Laughing

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
mr. mugu
Lazy Bum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zen wrote:

Yes, you'll see threads where people boast about telling lads that they have been baited, but in general, only newbies do this. There are exceptions to every rule, of course, but most regulars change tactics when they see the consensus in a thread like this one.

Wow Zen, not to pick on you, I was going to just drop this. I realize that I'm the minority opinion here, but I thought I'd try tilting at windmills one more time.
I used to never tell lads I was baiting them. I started doing it after I had a lot of experience with lads. I usually straight bait, which is why I post so few bits of my baits. Normally they are as entertaining was watching paint dry. I can string a lad along for 3-6 months with nothing more than questions, my scanner going bad, me losing the WU receipt, etc. I _never_ come out at tell a lad he's being baited. However, when any of us have done this for a while you pretty much know when the well is going dry. For example, when you get a lad to travel and he's spent his cash and time the trust level goes way down. It's almost impossible to regain trust at that point. Then when a lad says "I think you are fooling with me" I see no problem with replying "yeah I am". Remember I said I straight bait. My hope is that when the lad, having been burned with wasted effort for several months, gets the next real victim that questions his math or asks why the money needs to be sent Western Union, will dump that vic thinking it's another "joker".
It's a bit of an art form. You need to know the lad well enough to realize that the bait is entering end game. And I never tell the lad, I'm just willing to answer him once he begins to figure it out for himself.

"I don�t know if you intention is to run away with my sweat." - George Dunant
"stop writting me piece of sh*t mother f**ker. you want a story, I will give you a story about your scam master George" - Newsm*ker
"QUICKLY DO THE GIRL MARY WANT TO DIE IN OUR NECK" - Ecowas bank
pony
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL_sign @ Callum's new sig line... Shocked

bow_down bow_down clapping @ anon mod... Laughing

Moral: Be careful what you ask for... Wink

Mod comment. That's actually been there for quite awhile, ParaNoid. I know because <strike>I said</strike> I know the Mod that said it.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
MisterHobbs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Mr Mugu..........I can understand what you are saying, but if a lad asks if you are fooling with him......why not deny it and try to move forward?

And lets suppose he drops you anyway......if he has spent that much time chasing one lead, why not bait him from another character and email address and start over? You know who he is, how he operates, wouldnt it be a better use of time and resources to go at him again?

I've got about 4 characters/email, and it just seems like one could cause more damage to continue harassing the lad as another character rather than spilling the beans, leaving him to lick his wounds, upon which he'll move on to the next vic anyway.

New to baiting and want a mentor? Click here!
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think the answer to this question is completely black & white, with some very very good and experienced baiters saying that they'd burn in particular circumstances.

Always an interesting topic for debate this one Smile

callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Josh wrote:
Always an interesting topic for debate this one Smile
However we've been that and done that dozens of times already covering the topic from all angles. No need for another debate.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Frogsruleok
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I say don't burn them. Unless in person, in which case, knock yourself out.
Twisted Evil
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mr. mugu wrote:
I realize that I'm the minority opinion here, but I thought I'd try tilting at windmills one more time.

I wasn't getting at you mate - sorry if it came across that way Smile

I'll amend my statement to...
Quote:
There are good exceptions to every rule, of course, but [...]

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ameriken wrote:
but if a lad asks if you are fooling with him......why not deny it and try to move forward?

That is what I call an opportunity for a slap! You can bitch them out up one side and down the other, and then get mad and storm off for a couple of days....if they come back and apologize, you have them on the hook.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
mr. mugu
Lazy Bum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zen wrote:

I wasn't getting at you mate - sorry if it came across that way Smile

I'll amend my statement to...
Quote:
There are good exceptions to every rule, of course, but [...]

Well, I realize that I didn't make myself as entirely clear as I could also. If you're baiting as a pirate and parrot team (a modality I love btw), then it's kind of stupid to burn at the end. All you do is stop baiters from using that modality again. If you straight bait, it is possible to insert a seed of doubt about other victims and I find that a good thing.
@ameriken, there's nothing stopping anyone from saying "yes, I'm a baiter" and starting all over again from a new address. In fact, I do it all the time. It's kind of a personal mark of pride to me when I just reply with "how did you get my email address?" and get dumped. Very Happy
Edit: I should also mention if I'm aware that the lad is working with other lads and not solo, I don't do this. I'd rather work out a modality where it looks like the other lads are responsible for the screwup or chopped the money.

"I don�t know if you intention is to run away with my sweat." - George Dunant
"stop writting me piece of sh*t mother f**ker. you want a story, I will give you a story about your scam master George" - Newsm*ker
"QUICKLY DO THE GIRL MARY WANT TO DIE IN OUR NECK" - Ecowas bank
pony
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Mugu, you are quite right. It must do something to their heads when they know that they have just been made the butt of every joke. I had one lad who was absolutely humiliated because his stuff was plastered all over this site. I made sure to link him to every place his name was mentioned. The lad actually found himself on the site. He went on how shamed he was. So, I just furthered it by showing him everything.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic