SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

A scam targeting merchants who advertise on Craigslist

View next topic
View previous topic

Sam I Am
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this guy got me from craigslist. I got the following email and forwarded it to my baiting address.

Initial email: Hello,Good Morning Am Mike Steamboat,I need some hardwood for an Aged and a kids Home and after a thorough look into the business directories here,i found your business and want to make a few enquiries,I need flooring hardwood in the following sizes and colors,

3 1/4" x 3/4" Tigerwood - price per carton

3 1/4" x 3/4" Red Oak Alaska - price Per carton

" x 3 "-SOLID WHITE OAK #1

" x 5" SOLID WHITE OAK #1

" X 3 " SOLID MAPLE #1

if you carry any of this type of floor hardwood or are able to get any of this for me,I need you to email me the price per sq foot or price carton on each at [email protected]l.com ,as far as shipping is concern i will be arranging for the shipping.when it gets instock or when available when payment clears,i hope you soon get back to me through my email which is [email protected],i hope to soon hear from you.have a blessed and a wonderful day.

Mike Steamboat.

My response
: Dear Mike: I carry the 3 1/4" x 3/4" Tigerwood. It is $150.93/ carton. That does not include shipping. Please let me know how I can help you further....Dick C. Normus

Lad: Hello Dick,

Thank you very much for your response,I want to purchase 45 carton of this tigerwood,I will be having a shipping company do the pick up from your store for me,i need you to please get back to me with the cost on the 45 cartons and also state the form of payment you accept and also if you accept credit cards over the email or fax,I hope to soon hear from you.have a wonderful and a God blessed day.

Sincerely
Mike.

My latest response:Dear Mr. Steamboat: 45 boxes of the Tigerwood will cost $6791.85 Sales tax is $531.37 The total is $7,323.22

We accept checks and credit cards. Please let me know if you need more assistance.... Dick C. Normus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am expecting him next to offer to pay a sum larger than what I am asking and having me WU the balance to his shipper....What do you think Sam I Am

I sent this directly to you via The Curse Of The Wicked Soul. Cradling the powers of the Orunmila to Wizard Of Ingoni, I have unleashed an army of seventy-two spirits and demons. The Eiye Efe will gaze from above as the summons of the spirits appear before your eyes. My cosmic powers have grown from the fears of deception and will reek havoc and spill the blood of the guilt. I have carved marks of evil into your conscience and your spiritual blindness will direct you to fall into the hands of proper authorities. The curse will begin when I attach this written segment of your soul you...
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds good to me. I hope you carry around a wheelbarrow - because your health insurance may not pay for the back ache you will have for carrying around that large load of a username.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It could also be a stolen credit card number, but I think some version of your scenario is more likely. Since you didn't directly answer his question about accepting credit cards by e-mail or fax, tell him you can accept a credit card in person or over the phone. The billing and shipping addresses have to be the same since it is a first time order. Orders paid by check in the mail will be held for 4 weeks until the check clears. Request to use your own shipping company because it is easier. Ask for the name, address and contact information for his shipping company so you can contact them directly to arrange shipment. Any of these should generate some type of negative reaction from a scammer and confirm your suspicions.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
Sam I Am
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He sent me 2 credit card #s. ... and wants me to split the charge on to both of them and then fax the receipt. I think my fax machine doesn't work...

I sent this directly to you via The Curse Of The Wicked Soul. Cradling the powers of the Orunmila to Wizard Of Ingoni, I have unleashed an army of seventy-two spirits and demons. The Eiye Efe will gaze from above as the summons of the spirits appear before your eyes. My cosmic powers have grown from the fears of deception and will reek havoc and spill the blood of the guilt. I have carved marks of evil into your conscience and your spiritual blindness will direct you to fall into the hands of proper authorities. The curse will begin when I attach this written segment of your soul you...
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Give the CC #s to a Mod (Lotta in particular) -- they are likely stolen.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Sam I Am
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I told them my fax doesn't work and it is not an issue. Now I have to contact the shipping company. They wany it shipped to, get this....:
REV.KWAME ABOAGYE
HELP AGE AND OSU CHILDREN HOME
681 SPINTEX ROAD
ACCRA-GHANA

A childrens home my ass!

Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a very good shipping comany. You might want to contact oxygendeprived.

I highly recommend it - and it's based iin Oregon - not that far from the "Alaska" oak.... frum!!

Click here to support 419Eater.com
guymannemisis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen Mike Steamboat before. He's one of the credit card scammers that I've dealt with in the past. They will buy anything at any price. The topper is when they arrange the shipping - you can call on the shipping account (which is generally stolen also) and get that taken down too.
I can give you the phone numbers to check on the cards (PM me if you'd like the phone numbers) - some issuing banks will help you notify the real cardholders but BOA, Amex, etc., are really lousy about protecting their customers.
I would just tell him that the cards didn't go thru probably because of a daily limit and he'll more than likely come back at you with yet more cards which you can bust.
I deal with this every day - becomes second nature after a while.
Sam I Am
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well the shipper gave me a price and the lad wants me to pay the shipping on the credit card... Here is my response:

Dear Mike: Everything looks and I am willing to forward the money to your shipper. However, the credit card company told me that the cards are over the limit (even when splitting the charge) and that you will have to provide the merchant ( me ) with a statement of product use. This courtesy is only extended to charitable organizations such as yours and all others are declined. The last time I had to do this the charitable organization wrote 8 pages. P{lease keep yours down to 3 or 4. Simply discuss your need for the product, who is involved with your organization, how many children are there and all of their names and a little on their backgrounds. I will then submit it to the credit company and they will OK the charge. It usually takes only 1 day. Please address it to Mastercard Chief Constipate.

By the way, I sent the cc#s to a Mod

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic