SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What exactly to do.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Deviant
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings all, I'm new to the boards but have been familiar with this site for quite some time and am very appreciative of all you do. Although I've recieved 419 scams in the past via email, I've never before decided to try and actually bait any of them. Recently a site I'm an administrator on had a member start trying to scam other members via PM, I was alerted, banned the member and the entire IP range his or her IP fell into.
It's tempting to make this person, who attacked my sites members, my first scam bait but I have the IP address of the machine they accessed the site from and was wondering if there was any way the information I have could be of better use to some form of law enforcement?
For anyone interested the IP address is: 41.207.217.80 which I traced using an IP whois:
Final results obtained from whois.afrinic.net.
Results:
% This is the AfriNIC Whois server.

% Note: this output has been filtered.

% Information related to '41.207.217.0 - 41.207.217.255'

inetnum: 41.207.217.0 - 41.207.217.255
netname: AVISONET
descr: ISP Cote d'Ivoire
admin-c: CJ1-AFRINIC
tech-c: AE496-AFRINIC
mnt-by: CIT-DT
mnt-lower: CIT-DT
source: AFRINIC # Filtered
parent: 41.207.192.0 - 41.207.223.255

person: CHRISTOPHE JELEN
address: CI2M
address: Avenue Houdaille
address: Bp 310 cedex 01 Abidjan
address: Ivoiry Coast
phone: +225 20 30 09 71
e-mail: [email protected]
nic-hdl: CJ1-AFRINIC

person: ASSI ERIC
address: CI2M
address: Avenue Houdaille
address: Bp 310 cedex 01 Abidjan
address: Ivoiry Coast
phone: +225 20 30 09 70
fax-no: +225 20 33 12 03
e-mail: [email protected]
nic-hdl: AE496-AFRINIC
remarks: data has been transferred from RIPE Whois Database 20050221

Also, the text of the PM's:
COTE D IVOIRE,
WEST AFRICA.

Dear one,
Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into long time relationship and financial transaction for our mutual benefits.
I am Miss Prisca Ebahlah and I inheritated an important sum from my late father who died in recent crisis in Cote d'Ivoire. I wish to request for your assistance in investing this sum in lucrative venture or manufacturing and real estate management in your country.
I have one million, eight hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD($1.800,000)to invest in this transaction and I will require your assistance in receiving the fund in your account in your country. I will gladly give you some reasonable percent from the total sum for your assistance. Please it is important you contact me immediately for
more clearification on the next step for smooth conclusion.
Awaiting your immediate response and God bless you.
Thanks for your understanding
Yours Sincerely,
Miss Prisca Ebahlah.

PLEASE REPLY TO: [email protected]

And their profile: www.tunerfriends.com/ansty

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Deviant wrote:
... I have the IP address ... if there was any way the information I have could be of better use to some form of law enforcement? ...

If you can also provide exact information on who shot JFK, LE might listen, otherwise I'm afraid not. Sorry.

However, baiting him would be fine. Very Happy
Deviant
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[mod edit: complete quote of previous post removed - KD]

Well, if you must know about JFK I have this file on my desk.....LBJ did it.
Seriously though, if I can't get them in legal trouble, I may as well just make their lives hard. BTW, I'm going to be posting a link to this site in the announcements section of my site so any members on there can help too.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Eater, Deviant.

You've got the right idea: We can't shoot these sammanabeeches, so let's have a little fun with 'em! It's not that law enforcement doesn't care, but the police in (insert country here) would have one H of a time getting an international warrant & extradition approval for a guy in another country who intended to commit a petty scam. Add in the facts that scamming is almost legal in some countries and that the guy who wrote that letter was sitting in a cyber-cafe that doesn't keep records, and you can see why the LEA's just won't go after 419'ers. Domestic scammers are a different story, but even they're hard to catch.

That's where we come in. Whether you do this just for a laugh or to get scammers arrested, this is where to do it. You've found the smartest and friendliest baitery on the planet, and everybody here will be more than happy to help you make your mugu cry for his mommy. So come on in and set for a spell! Don't mind the mess. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic