SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

One small step!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
foolmeonce
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well its far from my first scam bait but I did finish off one story of Sir Shivers.
I noticed a site listed here http://www.419eater.com/html/bandofdavid2.htm at the very end, and to my amazement it was still active as it was in Dec 05.
I reported the website but not the email addys (why would I want to stop people sending him spam).
A couple of days passed and I recieved this e-mail.

Quote:
Thank you for reporting to our abuse department. Our company has zero tolerance for violations of our Acceptable Use Policy. We have contacted the owner and have requested the violation be removed, or we have removed the offending web site.
We appreciate visitors that help us police our services. If you ever come across sites that our violating our policies, please feel free to contact us again.
Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Form Message
subject: Report A Violation | Abuse: The site that I have noted exquisiteglobalint.8m.c
Email Address: [email protected]
Offending URL: exquisiteglobalint.8m.com
Violation Being Reported: condones illegal activity
Detailed Information: The site that I have noted exquisiteglobalint.8m.com Is a fake copy of a real site and is used for a 419 scam based in Nigeria.
Additional Information: You can find more information here: http://www.419eater.com/html/bandofdavid2.htm For further information quote "TITLE: Art For Art's Sake" and ask to speak to 'Shiver Metimbers' (username). I would advise a prompt investigation. Thank you.
js: YES
appname: Netscape
appvers: 5.0 (Windows; en-GB)

And upon checking the site im glad to see it is now
404 Error - File Not Found
The page or file you are looking for (http://exquisiteglobalint.8m.com/index.html) is not here.

Only a tiny step but it was fun to see all that work the guy put into making a clone site go to waste from a quick redirect to a Shiver Metimbers story.

Im not sure that this was worth a thread but I couldnt find a 'mini story' thread of some sort (I didnt trawl through every thread however).
If there is indeed such a thread then I offer my appologies.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice work.

The site may have been shut down, but as going through aa419.org forums on killing banks, it's not uncommon for the sites to pop up again. When it's noticed, just kill it again. BTW, take a look at the stickies. You should be able to claim a flag to the country the site was from. Very Happy

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic