SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Seen this before??

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
drwiggle
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recieved this today in response to my "That sounds interesting" mail.

Attn: Rxxxx Wxxxxxx

Right now, your over due payment has been arranged through our swift card payment center {Europe pacific} that is the latest instruction by the new president of the federal republic of Nigeria Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar ' Adua.

This card center will send you an ATM Card which you will use to withdraw your money, but the maximum withdrawal is One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars per day, to receive your funds immediately through this means, contact the card payment center Mr. Ahmed Yayale as addressed below on telephone and email your information as requested to him: Your full name and telephone Number, Address where you would like to receive your ATM Card ( P.O Box not acceptable) , Your age and current occupation, A copy of your identity for accuracy check.

Contact Person: Mr. Ahmed Yayale
( Integrated ATM Card Payment Department)
Tel: + 234-808 4501509
Email:[email protected]

The ATM card payment center has been mandated to issue out $ 2,500,000.00 (Two Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) credited into your card as your part payment for this fiscal year. Also for your information you have to stop any further communication with any other person(s) or office(s). This is to avoid any hitches in finalizing your payment.

Yours in service,

Rochester Uwanna.
International Credit settlement

If i read this right. He wants to send me an ATM Card?!? How does that work? Has anyone seen this modality before? If anyone wants a crack at him PM me.

Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

drwiggle wrote:
How does that work?

It's of course just a wild stab in the dark but maybe it will involve an advance payment of some sort! Very Happy

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got one of these lads. It's just another 419, expect fees for shipping and insurance. I haggled mine down to $620. I haven't had any luck getting him off-script, but he's spent the morning on 1TV5....

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

drwiggle wrote:
If i read this right. He wants to send me an ATM Card?!?

No, he wants to pretend to send you an ATM card, for which you will have to pay the courier fees, and any other fees they can think of Wink

[edit]

Beaten to the button by, SomethingFishy Evil or Very Mad

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
Beaten to the button by, SomethingFishy Evil or Very Mad

I'll try to contain my enthusiasm in the future. Razz Laughing

That, or type slower.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Enthusiasm is great, just type slower, damnit Laughing

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Morgul
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
No, he wants to pretend to send you an ATM card, for which you will have to pay the courier fees, and any other fees they can think of Wink

You mean, he wants to pretend to send you an ATM card, for which you will have to pretend to pay the courier fees, etc...

Wink

"i am sorry .take me vas you take me before you know that i am a small gril." - Ei1m4 Wi11iams
gargstang
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same type of lad offer right now. Trying to get him off topic but it is not easy at this point.
SumYunGai
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never seen the specific e-mail before, but it's a classic asem. The scammer is betting you'll get greedy and want the other guy's money, and will shoe in to get the ATM card. Then the scammer starts the standard advence fee modality: shipping, customs, bribing bank officials, etc.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic