SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Is WU wising up, or has this lad been burned by 1TV5 before?

View next topic
View previous topic

MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Also note that the Western outlet might ask you a little question about the relationship with you and the receiver, Please insist and tell them that they should just go ahead and have the money paid to this name. Please make sure you spell the name correctly and get it send out by the end of today unfaillingly.

Gee, I wonder what problems this lad may have had in the past? Image

I will certainly insist very hard, but I'm anticipating that I will be no match for those hard-hearted bureaucrats at "the Western outlet." It's even possible that the more I insist, the more suspicious and demanding WU becomes and the more requirements they put on me to make the transfer. Anybody have a good form to recommend in this case, before I put him in touch with 1TV5?

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe the WU office gave you a really hard time, so you sent it by MoneyGram, you hope that's okay. Then run him through the non-working/blurry form modality. Once he's run back and forth to the MoneyGram office a few times, he'll be softened up a bit for 1TV5.

"you are proofing very incompetent"
"I am a football and I will like to go into business with your king"
United Kingdom x2
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since WU often does point out that you should never send money to a stranger, especially in another country. Considering his occupation, it wouldn't shock me if this mugu had experienced trouble getting his money before.

Some day, I intend to go into a WU outlet and actually send a transfer somewhere. Just to see how it's done and what their procedures are so I can use that knowledge against the lads.

Before sending him right off to 1TV5, maybe ask him why the folks at Western Onion would ask such questions. Do they usually ask that sort of thing? Why would they care who you send your money to? And just one more time, how do you spell the recipient's name? One of my favourite lines of questioning is to ask what kind of courier company this Western place is, and how soon will they deliver the envelope with the payment in it. When the mugu explains the whole procedure, I'm always just unable to understand how an envelope can fit through a wire. After a few rounds of SFQ's I tell the mugu not to worry about the MTCN because I made sure to have WU insist on 3 pieces of government photo ID before the payment is released - you know, for security. Drives the lil' buggers crazy.
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Quote:
Some day, I intend to go into a WU outlet and actually send a transfer somewhere.

I'll PM you the details of where to send it. Razz
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Losst Jedi wrote:
. . . I'm always just unable to understand how an envelope can fit through a wire. After a few rounds of SFQ's I tell the mugu not to worry about the MTCN because I made sure to have WU insist on 3 pieces of government photo ID before the payment is released - you know, for security. Drives the lil' buggers crazy.

Evil!

How wonderful! I learn so much reading these things.

--J.D.

Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I went to the local WU office here in New Zealand to get an information booklet. It actually stated that the MTCN was "optional" when it came to sending or receiving money, and that it was just important to know the identity of the sender and the receiver.

The information booklet did also say that MTCN made life simpler. I guess it bypasses the need for proper ID, a significant concern for the lads.

For transfer of up to $NZ 100 you needed to pay WU $26. OUCH!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic