SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
freya
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im sure this has been dealt with here before but for the life of me, I couldnt find it using the search. I think it may be a spin on the textiles emails. Im thinking of sending an "Im interested" reply to this email but want to hear the ins and outs of it from you all. I THINK the IP resolves to a Texas provider.

Thanks!

Good day to you, My name is Mr Jack Dowry , I'm an artist by profession,I
got your email address from the British Chamber of Commerce and I decided to contact you with a Job Offer. Actually I'm looking for a representative in USA, These job offer will enable you earn Almost $2,000 every week and it part time.

Most of my customers are AMERICANS, and they all want to pay me with is USA Money Orders, which is hard for me to cash here in the UK, So I
decided to search for a reliable and honest person in USA to help me in
cashing the Money Order and send me cash here in UK.

If you are interested, this job offer will not affect your present work,
all I need from you is utmost honesty and trust, kindly send me the
information's below and I will have my customers send the payment to you immediately:

Full Name:
Full Present Residential Address ( NOT P.O.BOX):
House & Mobile Tel #:
As soon as I receive the above details from you work will commence.

Reply all emails to : [email protected]

Jack Dowry
[email protected]
+447011140058

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not new I'm afraid, just a standard cheque mule scam.
They seem to be using textiles companies a lot at the moment.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a shame he insists on basing himself in the UK and his mark in the USA, I'm still awaiting my first bona fide cheque.

All standard cheque mule stuff Freya.

Go ahead and bait him. I'm surprised he hasn't asked the standard 10 questions including passport etc already, but I guess that bit is to come. He dosn't want to peak too early!
Are you happy that you know how the cheque mule scams work and what to do next?
Or were you just wanting to know what type of scam it was?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
freya
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was able to read the header information better and, Im not surprised, it does resolve to:
Results:
% This is the AfriNIC Whois server.

% Note: this output has been filtered.

% Information related to '82.128.0.0 - 82.128.31.255'

inetnum: 82.128.0.0 - 82.128.31.255
netname: INET-MLTL
descr: Multi-Links Telecommunications Limited
admin-c: DG26
tech-c: RIA27
mnt-by: MLTL-INT-MNT
remarks: data has been transferred from RIPE Whois Database 20050221
source: AFRINIC # Filtered
parent: 82.128.0.0 - 82.128.127.255

freya
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, Mugatu....I was looking for what to do next after the initial "Im interested" email. I'll get busy setting up my new persona for this one.

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well next he'll want the standard stuff, name, age, sex, (I always say "No thank you), passport scan, address etc etc. Just play along with it as you would any other bait.

If you just plan to waste his time you will need to make up a fictitious address, where he will send the cheque.
If you want to recieve the cheques, you'll need to sign up as a premium member and you'll then be able to use a drop box. The drop box owner will forward the items to you.

Good luck with this, I've tried starting maybe a dozen of these, but all have petered out before I've recieved anything. Talk about beginners luck! I'm sure you'll do better.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
MisterHobbs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a similar email, and I havent done any check mules yet, so the way I replied is to try to take him offscript.

I told him I was not interested in his job offer, since I was a self made millionaire. But i went further and said I just acquired a taste for collecting art, and was buying art online.
I asked to see his online portfolio and that if I liked a particular piece, I would send half via western union (hmm, thats a new concept) up front and the other half when I recieved the art. As an example, I told him I recently purchased a piece for $50,000, and sent $25,000, then the balance when I got it.

I just got an email back from the lad who seems to be interested in selling me his art. Tee hee hee, giggle giggle Laughing

New to baiting and want a mentor? Click here!
freya
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im going to try and play this one straight - Ive been looking into setting up a premium account anyway.....

EDIT: I plan on telling him I never received the checks...must have something to do with my suspicious husband who would be accusing me of running a prostitution ring or something......

MisterHobbs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ freya: a premium account is an excellent idea! Good luck!

TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The one thing I think is funny/odd about check scams, is the checks take forever to get to you, but the lads are asking if you received the check the day after they sent it. Lads need to learn patience and I am trying to teach each one I talk to that.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
freya
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok....so is paying for a premium account the same as making a donation or is there a link that lists what you get with a premium account? And should I trust these guys from this website with my real details? Wink Is this 150% risky free???

This is what I was afraid of happening - becoming paranoid Smile

MisterHobbs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, the way I understand it, is a premium account is their way of saying 'thanks' for the donation. If you dont find the link in the forum, you can find it at the top in your 'profile.'

Dont worry about being paranoid, I personally wouldnt be so paranoid if everyone wasnt out to get me. That includes 419eaters who successfully baited me into sending money for a premium account. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you feel paranoid about the eater having your real info, PM the sweetest Mod Don. He loves to talk about such things!
Wink

Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

freya wrote:
And should I trust these guys from this website with my real details?

Never! Better PM me with your account information, cc info and PIN and I'll forward it to them! Laughing

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
freya
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, thanks Don!! Just do me one favor....do hold your breath waiting for it Wink

Lynette Fromme
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been telling the textile guys that I own a hotel and want to find a supplier for sheets and tablecloths Twisted Evil

I'm hoping for samples from one soon.
jmack32
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently had a similar check scammer contact me. He too had an e-mail address that initially traced back to Houston, TX. After looking at the details cloers, I noticed that it was merely a forwarding server and he was, infact, from Canada.
Anyway, my first lot of checks were successfully delivered this afternoon to the Director of the FBI field office located in Columbia, South Carolina USA. Hmmm. I wonder what they will do with it once they have had it examined for chemicals, etc.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I answer everone of those emails. I tell them I am interested and give them a silly name. I provide an address ( safe) and a cel phone # (also safe) and tell them how I need a second job. I get checks, travellers checks and money orders all the time, sometimes 3 packages a week. Then the excuses start. Just last nite I had the lad help me find a western union office in Las Vegas. By the time he did it it my girlfriend had lost some of the money at the black Jack table. Then I won it back. Then Lost it again. Asking them for directions because your internet doesnt work ( only email) makes them work. Furthermore, once you have chumped them you can tell them how their checks were extremely easy to cash and maybe you can work something out if he sends more.
One guy sent me about 10 sets of money orders, travellers checks, etc. all equaling 50,000. Now he wants his cut. This will be interesting....

I sent this directly to you via The Curse Of The Wicked Soul. Cradling the powers of the Orunmila to Wizard Of Ingoni, I have unleashed an army of seventy-two spirits and demons. The Eiye Efe will gaze from above as the summons of the spirits appear before your eyes. My cosmic powers have grown from the fears of deception and will reek havoc and spill the blood of the guilt. I have carved marks of evil into your conscience and your spiritual blindness will direct you to fall into the hands of proper authorities. The curse will begin when I attach this written segment of your soul you...
sellingrich
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Way to go Sam!
I do the same thing...easiest check I ever cashed, never had so much cash in my hand at one time...a guy followed me out of the bank and is sitting in a black car out side my house...I stopped at a bar on the way to the WU and a terrible thing happened.

"May your anuse turn back." Joe Morengi
"You better run for your life, because the FBI are coming to your house tomorrow to kick your ass out of your house." Barr. Jonathan
Mr kelvin Jordon that call you from our branch office in canada explain that the chicken background voice has been querried, claiming the voice was his telephone ringing tone, therefore accept my deepest appology for that.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

See, you guys make this interesting. I've baited a few cheque lads, and they're boring as catechism. Came in here looking for ideas, got lots. I have one cheque bait going, and all I can get her to do is send me countless e-mails asking if I got the package yet. Well I got photos once, but not the kind I wanted.

Since these scumbags often use real cheques with illegal funds, can they verify whether or not they've been cashed or would that be too risky for them? Because if they couldn't verify anything, then burning them (I mean pretending to chop their dolla, not blowing the bait) could be lots of fun!

No I don't mean actually cashing the cheque. I've read THAT sticky!
sellingrich
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of the checks are real bad and I doubt they would have any way of knowing if they were actually cashed. In the real world it would take at least 3-5 days to tell. Every time I've even hinted that the check was bad, they have twigged on me. I've been confused a few times while having 4 or 5 baits going at the same time and have told them I was waiting for the check to clear, that seems to get them to turn up the pressure. That's when I cave in and tell them "Fine, I'll just send you the money out of my personal account, I'm sure you are good for it, but I need some assurance, could you fill out this contract and sign it?" Then there is the 1TV$, which leads to the bank to bank, which leads to a local mule, and so on.

"May your anuse turn back." Joe Morengi
"You better run for your life, because the FBI are coming to your house tomorrow to kick your ass out of your house." Barr. Jonathan
Mr kelvin Jordon that call you from our branch office in canada explain that the chicken background voice has been querried, claiming the voice was his telephone ringing tone, therefore accept my deepest appology for that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic