SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Are there any "untouchable" bait subjects?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I started to apply for a "loan" from a lad finance group to purchase a shipment of _________, but then realized I had never seen anyone do it in Eater. So, are there any subjects "off limits?" Talking about:

-R1fles, m4chine gun5, ammo, r0ckets, expl0s1ves,...you get the idea. I've only seen the IRA mentioned once or twice...and other resistance groups such as the SOBs (Scottish Octogenarian Brotherhood), Musl1m t3rror groups, Cub4n Freedom Fight3rs....on and on

We seem to deal with dead and dying children, breast cancer in granny, air crash victims, hostages, pirates, etc...but rarely see war material used, and some of the shadowy organizations used by name.

I may know the answer already??? Might certain "keywords" used during the bait possibly bring down unwanted scrutiny by both good guys and bad? Maybe not use the IRA, for instance, because of the "political" implications (as well as the religious element there?)

I'm not itching to bait using arms & ammo, war & conflict, etc...really just wondering about it. I'm still reading about baiting, and doing a lot of thinking about things.

"You'd have to be an idiot to fall off, wouldn't you, Mister President." The British idiot, Piers Morgan, commenting on Prez Bush's spill, but who recently suffered broken ribs and other injuries after falling off his Segway scooter. I love it...
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're not comfortable with it, run with something else. You've already stated what I personally consider to be a valid reason for being hesitant about the idea.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One must remember that just about everything the lads say is bullsh*t, and therefore the guns that are mentioned have about a 99% chance of not existing.

But as callum says, do what's comfortable for you. There are always plenty more fish in the sea.

SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the lads seem to run away from the slightest mention of drugs, I would suspect they would do the same for any sort of arms trading or other illegal activities. I think everything is a question of risk vs. reward for them. Is your promise of money worth the kind of trouble they might get in? They're engaged in a pretty low-risk crime from the point of view of getting arrested... arms trading is different. I don't think the lad would find any amount of promised money worth the risk vs. going after some other victim. Even though the guns don't exist, there is a much higher chance of the lad getting in trouble talking about imaginary guns, than say, imaginary cell phones.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a word of warning on this subject. I was once investigated by my state's Child Protection Services. Police showed up at my door, followed by social workers with cameras and notebooks, prepared to take my children from me.

They first tried to tell me that 'someone' had filed a complaint that I was locking my children up, starving them and possibly beating them. Finally when no evidence what-so-ever was found and my children were scared witless that they'd done something wrong or that mommy was going to be taken away, a social worker had the decency to tell me that state law enforcement agencies, trying to track down pedophiles and child abusers, were using software called packet sniffers to catch key words in ordinary emails flowing through the net. We had figured out that I had send an email to a friend that just had a higher than average number of all the right key words together.

What it actually was, was an email I wrote, describing abuse that one of my students had suffered, according to that child's foster mother. I later joked that this particular child in question was such a problem that handcuffs and chains sort of made sense to me.

Don't for a minute imagine that any email is entirely private, unless perhaps you're doing some elaborate encryption and even then I think that might just attract more attention. The wrong people might assume you're up to no good.

That being said, I'm currently a hopeless crack head in one of my modalities. So far my lad is trying to straighten me out. But he keeps sending me off to those tacky, nasty little Western Union buildings with cash and all the dealers hanging outside just waiting for me. It's all his fault.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Old Salt,
The lads just want cash. They don't care what you do to make it. The eaiser you are to be seen as a victim, the more they like you. If you present as a criminal, they may not want to do "business" with you because there is no honor among thieves (or criminals).

I would be concerned that you might set yourself up for a visit from some people who do not smile much. There was a situation this Spring in which a teenager posted something about the POTUS on her MySpace page and she was visited by some real G men. Shocked Shocked

Do what you feel comfortable with, and if you need one, I have the name of several Barristers... Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Untouchable bait subjects? Contrary to common belief we're not the thought police, we only care about what's posted on 419Eater, mainly for legal reasons.

a) Baits are fiction! Last time I checked Michael Crichton or Robert Ludlum never got in trouble with the authorities for their novels; what does writing fiction about terrorists have to do with anything? A bit like loitering suspiciously at your local train station and trying to sell bits of chocolate to people passing you by. Illegal? Doubt so.

b) Everyone has to make their ethical decisions by themselves, the Eatery has no moral authority whatsoever and most Eater mods aren't Rabbis. If you have moral qualms about a certain bait then simply don't do it.

c) In any case you don't have to necessarily post every bait here.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Trapdoor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All

I really hope that no government agency reads my emails - Ive told two of my lads that Ive killed my husbands! One with limescale remover and the other with shellfish which I knew he was allergic to. I went into pretty graphic details of the actual deaths too. I will warn my husband in case anyone shows up to take him away for his own protection Very Happy

Raymond Luxury-Yacht
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:
most Eater mods aren't Rabbis

Ha ! So which of them ARE Rabbis ? Shocked
(anticipating a big revelation ... unless it is an "untouchable" subject Laughing )

<b>Rebbeca Steve: </b>You are a failure where ever you are. Mugu like you;you dont have money you dont help peopls,after what God has done for you,still you refused to pay your tithe to God,you will remain poor.
<b>Anthony Audu: </b>I am getting frustrated and confused because very soon my family will be out on the streets
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I actually tried to get a Lad to help me draw up two Memoranda of Agreement that his "father" had made with my baiter persona to purchase 150 L1A1 combat rifles, 15 L4A4 light machine guns, 10 M60 general purpose machine guns, and four million rounds of 7.62 mm ammunition.

It didn't bother him for an instant to be discussing the purchase of large quantities of military hardware. He just wanted to get his lawyer involved.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's another one of those "bait safe" things again. You may or you may not set off warning signals at GCHQ. Nobody knows, and if they did they couldn't tell you, how likely that is. So as with all the bait-safe mantras, get informed and choose for yourself.

There's a tastefulness aspect as well. I would think twice about publishing an Al Qieda (sp?) bait at the moment, but I don't think an IRA bait would be a problem unless it was graphic and rabid. You would have to be careful not to hit the religious angle too hard. My current bait is aimed at getting questionnaires and pictures of prostitutes. I'll be checking with a mod before I publish.

(Edited for sense.)

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several

Last edited by thud419 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SumYunGai
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As was mentioned, drugs seem to be the one subject that most lads stay away from. I don't know for sure, but I believe drug trafficking is punishable by death, after a very protracted criminal trial. Or it may not be that, but instead the fact that drug heavyweights are usually better-connected than they are, and would have no qualms about putting far more money on the scammer's head than they'd ever get out of the scammer.

Though many here would disagree, lads do have a limit. Unlike many here, however, that limit is pretty high and they cross it only when they enter something that puts themselves in real danger of being personally apprehended.

** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you are fine so long as you do not get involved with jail bait.

BWA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HAHAHAHaHaha . . . ha . . . heh?

Right . . . I will just see myself out. . . .

--J. "Remember to Tip Your Waitress!" D.

HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My thoughts for what they are worth....... probably 0.00000001p

1. I wouldn't use guns etc in a bait.
2. If I did, I would keep it to myself and not post it here.

that said, YOU are responsible for YOUR actions.

The MODS (bless them) are responsible for ensuring that anything of danger to this site is kept off. Therefore if you decide to bait that way and to post it, and the MODS (bless them again) deem your post to be acceptable then that is ok. Likewise if they decide that your post is detrimental to the wellbeing of Eater then I am sure they will take appropriate action, and you will get a subtle PM to point out the error of your ways.

In someways it is wrong of us to expect the MODS (thrice blessed) to be asked to judge every possible action a baiter wishes to take. I guess that MENTORS (often unblessed) are there for that role.

See I told you my thought weren't worth much.
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I honestly dont see why incorporating ficticious guns into a bait does any harm Confused (other than, maybe, scaring your lad away)

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
Ophelia Dikki
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FiveForces wrote:
I honestly dont see why incorporating ficticious guns into a bait does any harm Confused (other than, maybe, scaring your lad away)

With many law enforcement agencies so twitchy over the whole terrorism thing I wouldn't do anything involving arms. It's not just a question of getting Eater into trouble, but of wasting the time of those who should be engaged with finding the 'real' terrorists. Similarly, I wouldn't touch anything which could be construed as peadophile activities.

I'm sure that there's plenty of other modalities we can come up with which are just as distasteful to the lads that are not going to get us into trouble with the authorities.
MattNW
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It also might be different depending on what country you live in. Freedom of expression/speech laws vary. In one country it might be perfectly OK to mention fictitious guns in your email while in another it isn't.

Of course you might still draw the attention of law enforcement even in a country without many limits on freedom of speech as mentioned above just by the keywords in your emails but I'd hope that officers looking at the whole context of the email would have sense enough to be able to tell that this is a bait. You'd think they'd be at least a little informed on 419 scams and baiting.

I'm currently baiting the stupid hitman as a mob boss trying to hire him myself. Of course anyone looking at the emails can tell it's either fictitious or a joke. I kind of like going over the top in baits just for fun.

I hope that doesn't set off any flags in the FBI

... Wait someone's knocking on my door....

Laughing

Also we found out that some of the officials of the prostates may have been extorting a lot of money from you with the pretext of helping you receive your money.

LET ME TELL YOU,SINCE YOU DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE RESPECT,YOU MOUTH MAY PUT YOU INTO TROUBLE.
Redneck07
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Machine guns.. Assualt Rifles.. Handgus.. ammo.. explosives.... all of the above are perfectly legal here in most parts of the USA. Just youtube search 'Knob Creek Kentucky' and you will see some of our countries culture.

As another poster pointed out, go with what your comfortable with. If you don't like guns.. don't use them in your baits.

Being that many of the folks here are from the UK and various parts of Europe, I am guessing that guns are taboo in your part of the world... I guess its a cultural thing.

Go with what your comfortable with.....
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have impersonated IRA and Irish mob members in a bait. The baits themselves never got far and as such I never used them again. However, if anyone here finds a lad willing to help in some sort of activity that happens to involve arms, I would run away. I don't like to mess with the types in 3rd world hell holes that have interests in that area for the following reasons:

1. Legality (while not illegal for someone impersonating, I don't like to make waves in that arena).

2. My own morals won't permit me to even deal with someone who has an interest in the areas mentioned above.

3. Death isn't pretty and I don't feel like dealing with those who willingly dish it out for their own cause.

That said, my version of the eater mantra for young and old to the forum: Bait safe, make your pet do all the work, have a little bit of fun (it's good for the soul), and only do what you feel comfortable doing. For the newer people... get a mentor and of course read the stickies. Laughing

Last edited by full auto on Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would suggest that it's the risk vs. reward thing. If you're a lad, telling your victim that you have a few gazillion secreted away somewhere safe and all you need to do is fill out some forms is a lot easier to sell as "100% risky free" than claiming to be involved in weapons smuggling or having anything to do with guns or terrorism. Lads may be blinded by greed, but they aren't that dumb. More victims will be willing to assist a dying widow than a gun-runner or Al Queeda operative, plain and simple. And the people that would be interested in helping organized crime are probably not the kinds of marks the lad would want. Good money, but lousy retirement package.

The drugs are a weird one with the lads. I'm sure there are drugs in Africa, and I'm sure there are people there who use those drugs, and I'd bet that there are lads who either know or are those people. I don't know how socially accepted it is, but I've had lads twig on me just at the mention of drugs. Others just get all holy and preachy about the subject.

My guess is that they're either trying to stay in "respectable" character mode or are actually opposed to the idea. It's known that scamming is tolerated and even respected in some cultures (and evidence backs that up), so I'd bet my lightsaber that many lads see nothing wrong with what they're doing. In their eyes (as repulsive as this may be) they may be upstanding members of their communities, so why wouldn't some of them have their own set of morals and principals? Naturally, I'm not talking about the likes of T0ny Er1k here. It's the only explanation I can come up with when a lad absolutely refuses to work with my character because he "only does drugs on days that end with Y". It's hard to see it from that angle, but there are many groups and societies that openly practice things many of us consider repulsive. The KKK, IRA, Al Qaeda, the Third Reich (the list goes on and on) had or still have many supporters who believe(d) that their beliefs are right and just.

Or am I just talking out of my butt again?

Last edited by Obi-Wan Knievel on Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^I do not know, but I probably am since I have not dealt with a Lad on the subject of drugs. That caveat delivered, I wonder if it is the fear of dealing with someone who will prove to be unreliable--drug user--or actually dangerous--a drug dealer.

--J.D.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic