SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lad Education - "Victim" is term of respect?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a thought... anyone ever tried to (un)educate lads to believe that words like "Victim" are terms of respect or endearment?

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few people (including me) have had ideas to that effect, but it doesn't usually work. Scammers speak good enough English that they would know "victim" wasn't a term of endearment. Anything subtle enough to slip by them would be too subtle to really work the way you're intending, I would think. It would be difficult to ensure the idea spread enough to be useful, anyway.

I will bring the heat down on you so hard you wont even know what hit you. Just relax and wait for the authorities to get to you. --Jackson Momoh, after learning I blew his money transfer on ale and whores

I HOPE PEOPLE WILL NOT HEAR OUR VOICE WHEN THE TOTAL AMOUNT WILL BE TRANSFERED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT BECAUSE YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME SOUNDS STRAINGE OF WHICH I DONT LIKE(Huh?).-- Samuel Onyema
SomethingFishy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There must be some little things that slip in, kind of like the celebrity names. I don't think the lads learned "Top of the morning to you!" from a victim Very Happy, but probably nothing that would necessarily fool a victim, it can almost all be written off to the language barrier. I like to hope Barrister Mel Gibson isn't too successful though.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SomethingFishy wrote:
I don't think the lads learned "Top of the morning to you!" from a victim Very Happy

Or my personal favourite Post Scrotum Laughing

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe it's because I hold the unpopular belief that lads are smarter than they appear in script, but I too would say there are very few lads who'd believe that idea. Most lads speak at least a little English, and I'd wager that just about all of them know what a victim is - especially in their "profession"!

I like the idea too though, so maybe there are some less common words you could use that your lad is less likely to recognize. ie...

Notorious: Someone who is a notary and legally able to notarize
Ambiguity: A guaranteed financial investment account
High Detonation: A scanner setting to ensure quality images
Colonic Discharge: The speedy release of a package subject to the Colonial Securities Act of 1931

Just a suggestion of course!
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I really like your ideas Jedi. It will not educate a real victim, since when confronted the lad will simply explain that English is not their first language and a victim will probably leave it at that. But for entertainment purposes, you added some nice vocabulary for baiting.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the hardest things to appreciate in a second language is puns. They are obvious to native speakers, but very difficult to discern to someone learning a language. Even those who become conversant in the language will have problems.

Indeed, Brits and Americans will "giggle" over plays on words that do not mean the same thing in their respective vernacular. It should be "obvious" what "the real" meaning is, but it takes a moment for the mind to figure it out.

I seems hilarious to native English speakers or those who learned it at a young enough age that Lads do not pick up on names like "Mike Hunt" and all of the other variations. It is just not that obvious to a non-native speaker.

What individual words mean are easier to figure out: "victim" is defined simply in any English dictionary. A Lad is unlikely miss something like that.

--J.D.

Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89617&start=0

I've read somewhere on these forums that some of the names chosen by scammers are also puns in some non-English language.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Molok
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the first mails i got was one from R@v Fr David Do@

Insert approriate letter in place of @ (-which i put there). Laughing
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You will see that lads like to adopt baiter / victim names. They think it assures them of a real American or English name. Dog as last name is not at all uncommon in certain countries. 'De Hond' or 'De Hondt' is quite common in my country, which means 'the dog'. So if a baiter used it in the past, the lad will happily adopt the name as his own, thinking it is perfectly normal for English speakers Laughing

pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Molok
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You say that eventually, with enough baiters - we can diminish scammers success by inventing "new" language ??

... considering the amount of names pointing very, very clearly to crotch area that might actually work. Very Happy

Is there even one baiter out there that has ALWAYS used neutral names ?? Hands up ?? No-one ??

I guess the "culture" was established by forum founders, and stuck. It seems that it hasn't affected the performance of baiters, as few lads would notice.

By now you have noticed that i don't know english all that well either.

Last edited by Molok on Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, straight baiters usually use common names. I have a few of those, usually character names from books that do not have a top 10 nomination on google. Not always though. I like using Dutch words and re-write them to English names.

Quite a few baiters have been extremely successful re-educating the lads and words such as 'modality' is pretty standard these days in lad script.

As said before however, not all lads have English as a second or third language and not all lads will fall for it. Obvious 'mistakes' are not usually overlooked. The more subtle mistakes are not always spotted by victims (they are not always native English speakers) or they write it off as a mistake from a person (the lad) who does not have English as a first language.

Re-educating the lads will therefore be merely entertainment for the baiters. It is very uncommon to change a script in such a way that victims will not fall for it anymore.

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We can hope though, that some of our subtle "educating" will stick and if it makes at least one victim suspicious. . . it's worth more than simple entertainment.
For example, it took weeks, but I demanded a "Legal-Good Status" form from the "Federal Bereau of Investigation" regarding my barrister. Of course, as all Americans know, this is a regularly submitted document for proof of legality of a transaction. I'm hoping and hoping that that form gets recycled to a real victim.
I also pick a few key words to spell incorrectly through the entire bait. . . hoping to pass it on to the lad. In actuality, it may have absolutely no impact. . . but you never know. It's worth the try, in my opinion.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Molok
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have been here only for short while, but i must say that i am impressed by the clear focus of this site. Many of you deny from yourselves the pleasure of revieling to the lad that he has been fooled, avoiding educating scammers - re-educating being the preferred option. Though i would think that half of the motivation (i atleast admit) is for kicks of playing mind games against real enemy with every meaning of the word, with something tangible as an stake, being with right side of the law (and justice), and doing it with clear conscience.

No other opportunities that i can think of where these combine in similar way.

It is really NICE and extremely rare to find forum this large with (more or less) common objective.

Cheers to all !!

Molok

Enough sucking up. I will shut up for now, and try to lead my first attempts somewhere.
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been deeply offended by lads asking me to stand as "next of kin" for some time, telling them that in parts of North America it means homosexual partner. Some lads have been quite apologetic, and used the correct term "knob jockey" in subsequent mails.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic