SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Remond Dikpesi needs your help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
rclark
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Basically a straight scambait, albeit a relatively complex one. Lasted for a month and a half. The twist was to introduce multiple victims and set up the backstories so that they'd meet and swap stories during the scam.

I got a decent amount of info for others to jerk this guy and his associates around with, which is why I'm publishing it.

The scambait and image files are available in PDF form from

REMOVED BY STARGATE

The audio files are nothing special, so I didn't bother to upload them. The mugu has a terrible accent and marbles in his mouth. Nearly impossible to understand.
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry Dude, but until we get to know you better, I'd rather not have our users downloading PDF's that could contain a "nasty".

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's the raw text of the scambait, then. Not as good but whatever. If you want the images then post the pdf address.

Dramatis Personae:

Remond Dikpesi/Dr. James Bright/Barrister Luke Lin Otua/Mayor Chijioke: inside man/banker/lawyer/scammer (almost surely) played by the same 419er

I play all the other characters:

[X], me

Robert Weiler, wealthy pet supply magnate

Ramsey Clark, Weiler's lawyer

Paulina "Pauly" Shore, a young woman in NYC

Gilbert Gottfried, a chav (i.e., UK white trash) in London

Tom Green, a 419 scammer

NB: All the 419 mail comes from the same half of a Class C network in Enugu, Nigeria. No web server or any obvious contact info associated to it (too bad). Remond's phone number is a de facto toll line that's free to set up in the UK (Open Telecom) but costs callers 50p/min. Also, the grossly enlarged fonts used by "Dr. Bright" to convey account information have been omitted for the sake of readability. The rest of the formatting has been retained without modification unless otherwise specified. Some very minor reshuffling of the emails out of time sequence is also done to increase readability.

Sent: Fri 8/3/2007 6:54 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: I need your help

Attn:

I work as the Head of Fund Manager with one of the World Leading Investment & Fund Management Institution based in South Africa.I have an Investor under my portfolio with a closing balance of �18,947m as his first initial deposit. This Investor died two years ago leaving no WILL orAUTHORIZATION for re-transfer of his Investment and its proceeds to the INHERITOR.

I have personally carried out an Investigation on the subject matter thattakes me 9 months to finalize and was made to understand that the Family or Relatives of the Investor knows nothing about his Investment and nonehave any records of all his deposits and investment with us leaving anavenue for claiming of the said funds with its accrued interest on presentation of a trustworthy person that can stand as the INHERITOR to the deceased.

If you are interested, I can present you as the INHERITOR with proper documentation that will qualify you to have the funds claimed and on doing this, our establishment will not question the release of the funds to you as I will make sure that we comply with the laid down rules and laws of claiming the Investment of a deceased Investor in our Establishment. Our sharing ratio will be 60:40.Please contact me for more detail breakdown if interested.

Looking forward to hearing from you shortly.

Sincerely.

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Sent: Fri 8/3/2007 9:36 AM
Subject: RE: I need your help

Mr Dikpesi--Although I'm intrigued, I have a concern with your proposal, and I will put it bluntly: How can I trust you? If as you claim you are concealing such a substantial investment from the family of the decedent, then surely you don't deserve their trust. So why do you deserve mine? Can you send me some supporting documentation or (better) collateral to help me establish some confidence? Regards, [XX]

PS. Why are your sent-from and reply-to addresses different?

Sent: Sat 8/4/2007 6:00 AM
To: [X]
Subject: Response to I need your help

Dear Mr. [XX],

This is to inform you that I have received your response to my proposal to you with thanks. You should trust me because it is an Oppuchnity that comes my face, of which I will not like to loose, that is why I ask you for trust first, because in any business needs trust. Before the deal will take off for commencement.

About documentation, all the documents is ready but it will be when the transaction is started I will send all of them to you and also all the details of the account will be sent to you before any other step.

For the interest of the deal, I will like you to send the below information to me because if I just send the details just like that you made away with it, That was why I need the following and I will like you to promise me that you will not fuck me up please.
My full name is Mr Eric Taja

2. My Telephone number is +44-704-573-6520

3. My Occupation is Head of Fund Manager with UAC Investment London.

4. My Age is 59 Years Old.

I will like you to send the below information so that I will send the details of this transaction.

1. Your full names

2. Your telephone/ mobile numbers

3. Your Occupation.

I want you to reply as soon as possible so that we will handle this transfer within few days.

Sincerely,
Mr. Remond Dikpesi

Sent: Sat 8/4/2007 6:21 AM
Subject: Reply to I need your help

Dear Mr. [XX],

This is to inform you that I have received your response to my proposal to you with thanks. You should trust me because it is an Oppuchnity that comes my face, of which I will not like to loose, that is why I ask you for trust first, because in any business needs trust. Before the deal will take off for commencement.

About documentation, all the documents is ready but it will be when the transaction is started I will send all of them to you and also all the details of the account will be sent to you before any other step.

For the interest of the deal, I will like you to send the below information to me because if I just send the details just like that you made away with it, That was why I need the following and I will like you to promise me that you will not fuck me up please.

My full name is Mr Remond Dikpesi

I will like you to send the below information so that I will send the details of this transaction.

1. Your full names

3. Your Occupation.

I want you to reply as soon as possible so that we will handle this transfer within few days.

Sincerely,

Mr. Remond Dikpesi

Sent: Sat 8/4/2007 10:37 AM
To: remond dikpesi
Subject: RE: Response to I need your help

Mr Taja (or is it Dikpesi?)--I got two replies to my questions, identical except for the name you give in them--in the one I'm replying to, it's Eric Taja, and in the other it's Remond Dikpesi. Which of these is your nom de vol?

Once I can be confident who I'm dealing with, I will promise that I won't fuck you up. I've been trying to find "UAC Investment London" online, yet I haven't been able to. Can you direct me to a webpage that gives some background on your organization?

As a sign of good faith, I will reveal that I am a [profession redacted], and quite interested in your lucrative proposal. However, I am also risk averse and a bit new to all of this. I don't have any business or financial training and I ask for your patience as I come up to speed.

Regards/[XX]

Sent: Mon 8/6/2007 8:05 AM

Dear [XX],

I am Mr.Remond Dikpesi and other name you see is mistake, bear with me,you are dealing with Mr.Remond Dikpesi.Now I have tell you who I am you will then promise me that you will never fuck me up, I need your data as I sent mine to you urgently.

You cannot see our webpage now because we are on maintenance and changing some certin things and aslo adding too, so when it is ready I will send it to you.

There is no reason to have fear at all I am with you and there is no risk because I will directiong you on what to do, Please try and come up with speed to enable us to conculd this within few days.

1. My Full names is: Mr.Remond Dikpesi

1. Your full names

3. Your Occupation.
4. Age.

Sincerely,

Mr. Remond Dikpesi

[Omitted email from a junk account...that apparently doesn't have a "Sent" folder that works...basically, I've handed the whole thing off anonymously to my alter ego "Robert Weiler", who owns a pet supply company and is hearing impaired (aw, no phone calls). Robert tells Remond his associate (no mention of XX, whose webmail account shows a different IP) wants Remond to generate a public key and use crypto...and gives the key for HD DVDs as his own public key. (Maybe a little highbrow...)]

To: robert weiler <[email protected]>
Received-On: 08/07/07 4:36 AM

Dear Best, Robert,

I received your mail and your personal data but Please I will like to know who is this your associate, like his name or you tell He or She to write to me for proper explainations please.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi

Received-On: 08/07/07 10:16 AM

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your urgent response to my email, since I can understand that you are a rightful person been directed by your associates I will explain to you on how it will start by claiming of the money by directing you to the Director of operations of the bank.

I am not suspect our communications at all, what I want to do is to be sure of the person I am dealing with, But now I am clear.

Please I don know that channel you directed me, I will suggest that we will use code by using 0021 in any of letters you will receive from and from you too, then any letter that is not carrying the code number 0011 will not be answered. Please let us use this idea.

Now you will send the below details to the Director of Operations for proper claiming of the fund, just follow my instructions. Remember to update me once you send the application.

This is the account detail:

1. THE NAME OF YOUR COUSIN IS: Mr. Morris Thompson.

2. TITLE OF THE ACCOUNT: SAVINGS

3. ACCOUNT NUMBER: 00113233001152

4. YEAR OF OPENING: 27th MAY 1990

5. LAST DAY OF OPERATION: 21st DEC 2000

Then the contact of the Director of Operations are as follows:

i. HIS NAME IS DR.JAMES BRIGHT

ii. HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS: [email protected]

Once you send the application to the Director of Operations I want you to get back to me and don't let them know that I am involved in this transaction for me to have grounds to be backing it up.

Best Regards,

Mr Remond Dikpesi.

This is the sketch of the mail you will send to the Director of Operations of Bank.

The Director Of Operations,
Standard Bank Of London England.

Dear Sir,
This is to inform you that I want you to transfer the money I inherited from my late cousin Mr. Morris Thompson. The money has been in your bank for so long, the details of his account are as follows:

(1) THE NAME OF MY COUSIN IS: Mr. Morris Thompson.

(2) TITLE OF THE ACCOUNT: SAVINGS

(3) ACCOUNT NUMBER: 00113233001152

(4) YEAR OF OPENING: 27th MAY 1990

(5) LAST DAY OF OPERATION: 21st DEC 2000

Immediately you confirm the account I will forward my account where you will transfer the money, I am ready to comply with your rules and regulation guiding your bank.

I will be very gratefully if my request is considered urgently.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr. Robert Weiler.

Received-On: 08/08/07 6:32 AM
Subject: Urgent Response to I need your help

Dear Robert,

How are you? Please confirm what I have send to you if you have received it and also if you contact the Director of operations of the bank I asked to contact yesterday, Please get back to me immediatelty.

I am waiting.

Sincerely.

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

[I sent two duplicate emails]

To: "remond dikpesi" <[email protected]>
Received-On: 08/08/07 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: Response to I need your help

Mr Dikpesi: While you may not suspect any eavesdropping, experience has shown me that it is better to be safe than sorry. Before proceeding any further I must insist that you install and use RSA public key encryption. Experience has shown me the need for absolute secrecy in communications of a nature such as ours. Again, my RSA public key is 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0. If you wish to continue please generate a new RSA public key of your own and send it to me. After confirming the keys, we can proceed. Best, Robert

Received-On: 08/08/07 10:19 AM

Dear Robert,

I received your two mails with thanks, I told you that I did not have any experience on this RSA public key is 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0. Or RSA public key at all. Please let's proceed on with the transaction because we are delaying this transaction, let me repeat myself I don't know how to register it even operate it, every body will not be perfectly expert, so bear with me.

I will be waiting for your continuation with the transaction no need for delay.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr. Robert Weiler.

[At this point I considered forcing Remond to figure out how to use PGP, but decided to play it straight instead.]

To: remond dikpesi <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:04:04 -0400

Remond, I've found a way to do this that's relatively easy and offers at least some security, though not as much as I'd ordinarily like. Go to http://www.hushmail.com and sign up for an email account. I have just created one myself, with the address [email protected]. The Hushmail server will handle key generation and encryption automatically: you won't have to do anything other than sign up for an email account there.

As I said, I need to have at least a basic level of confidence that our future exchanges will not be subject to eavesdropping. Using Hushmail is the minimum level I can deal with (they are generally well regarded from a security standpoint). I will not reply to any more email you send to [email protected], but we can begin once you contact me at [email protected] USING A HUSHMAIL ADDRESS.

Best, Robert

Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 08:07:30 -0400

Dear Robert,

This is to inform you that I have opend the box as you have been directed, that is very good.

I hope we can proceed on with the transaction.

Sincerely.

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 09:00:23 -0400

Remond--Excellent. Before proceeding I want to confirm the following, so that there are no mistakes: I paraphrase from your earlier email.

I will send the below details to the Director of Operations for proper claiming of the fund as per these instructions. I will update you once I send the application.

Once I send the application to the Director of Operations I will get back to you and won't let them know that you am involved in this transaction. The email itself will be along the following lines:

Dear Sir,
This is to inform you that I want you to transfer the money I inherited from my late cousin Mr. Morris Thompson. The money has been in your bank for so long, the details of his account are as follows:

Immediately you confirm the account I will forward my account where you will transfer the money, I am ready to comply with your rules and regulation guiding your bank.

If this is correct, I will proceed.

Best, Robert

[Since the IPs wouldn't have betrayed the connection between XX and Robert Weiler, ol' Remond is almost surely spamming everyone he's heard from lately with this message...but then I doubt he gets so many responses that it would take him that long...I decide to ignore this one since after all it's a work address...]

Sent: Fri 8/10/2007 5:09 AM

Dear [XX],

I have received the person you ask to handle the transaction, Please he was saying that he will not write to through my formail email address, but the one he sent to me, I cannot see the where I can enter my email address to sign in but I have regisitered with the website.

Please try and get in touch with him on this note.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Dear Mr.Robert,
The website you sent to me I was trying to open it to sign in my ID but I cannot see a place to sign up, please if you can direct me fine you better do it or I can use my name and open the email account and the website where to sign proper.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

[...and ol' Remond manages to figure out what to do...sort of]

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:02:26 -0400

Dear Mr.Robert,

The website you sent to me I was trying to open it to sign in my ID but I cannot see a place to sign up, please if you can direct me fine you better do it or I can use my name and open the email account and the website where to sign proper.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

To: remond dikpesi <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:41:36 -0400

Go to https://www.hushmail.com/hushmail/index.php

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:41:32 -0400

Dear Mr.Robert,

It is not easy my brother, but I thamk God that I letter get through.You can write mails to me through <[email protected]>

Please lets proceed on.Reply me immediately so that I will know that you have see my mail.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:17:05 -0400

Remond--Excellent. Before proceeding I want to confirm the following, so that there are no mistakes: I paraphrase from your earlier email.

I will send the below details to the Director of Operations for proper claiming of the fund as per these instructions. I will update you once I send the application.

Once I send the application to the Director of Operations I will get back to you and won't let them know that you am involved in this transaction. The email itself will be along the following lines:

Dear Sir,

If this is correct, I will proceed.

Best, Robert

Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:49:38 -0400

Dear Mr.Robert,

Yes you have to proceed on by sending the claim to the Director of operations of the bank, it is correct, after you must have send it to Director please remember to update me.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

[NB. From here on out Weiler is CC'ing himself and BCC'ing Remond on every email that he sends to any 419 account (unless otherwise mentioned)...as if they're different people.]

Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:54:22 -0400

Dr. James Bright

Dear Sir,
This is to inform you that I want you to transfer the money I inherited from my late cousin Mr. Morris Thompson. The money has been in your bank for quite some time; the details of his account are as follows:

Once you confirm the account information I will specify the account to which the funds should be transferred. Please inform me of any relevant rules concerning this transaction.

Robert Weiler

Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:47:31 -0400

STANDARD BANK OF ENGLAND LONDON.

ATTN: MR. ROBERT WEILER,

THIS IS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MAIL DATED 13TH DAY OF AUGUST.2007 WITH THANKS.AFTER GOING THROUGH OUR COMPUTER HERE WE CONFIRMED THAT MR. MORRIS THOMPSON HAS A VERY HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY ON HIS ACCOUNT HERE WITH US,THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO TO RECEIVE YOUR INHERITANCE MONEY, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM THESE TWO OPTIONS.

YOU WILL ENGAGE AN ACCREDITED ATTORNEY WITH OUR BANK WHO WILL SIGN THE RELEASE DOCUMENTS OF YOUR MONEY ON YOUR BEHALF WITH OUR BANK HERE, BUT FOR YOUR INFORMATION YOU WILL PAY THE LAWYER FOR HIS PROFESSIONAL CHARGES TO ENABLE HIM HANDLE THE SIGNING OF THE DOCUMENTS PROPERLY, THE BELOW IS THE CONTACT OF THE ATTORNEY YOU WILL USE TO CONTACT HIM FOR THE SIGNING OF THE RELEASE DOCUMENTS AND WITH SOME RELIVANT DOCUMENTS OF YOUR MONEY,AFTER THAT YOUR MONEY WILL COMMENCE FOR TRANSFER WITH OUT FURTHER DELAY.

OR

IF YOU LIKE TO COME DOWN HERE IN ENGLAN LONDON FOR SIGNING OF YOUR RELEASE DOCUMENTS OF YOUR INHERITANCE MONEY BY YOURSELF YOU ARE HIGHLY WELCOME.

I WILL LIKE YOU TO FORWARD TO US YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER/MOBILE FOR EASY COMMUNICATIONS AND FASTEN YOUR TRANSFER.

THIS IS THE DETAILS OF THE ATTORNEY:

(1) THE NAME OF THE LAWYER IS: BARRISTER LUKE LIN (SENIOR ADVOCATE)

(2) HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS:[email protected]

THANKS AND WE ARE AWAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU AND READY TO TRANSFER YOUR MONEY URGENTLY WITHIN FEW DAYS AFTER YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE TWO OPTIONS.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT
THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS.

To: "Dr.James Bright" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:18:06 -0400

Dr Bright: While I'm sure Mr Lin is a qualified attorney, I already have legal counsel quite capable of handling this matter, and would prefer to use them. Please send whatever documents are necessary and I will see to it that they are completed and executed promptly.
Best, Robert Weiler

Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:21:11 -0400

Remond--FYI. I've told Dr Bright that I feel more comfortable using legal counsel that I've retained in the past, and will keep you posted. Best, Robert Weiler

[Forwarded message from "Dr. Bright" omitted here]

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 05:59:24 -0400

YES MR.LIN IS A VERY GOOD QUALIFIED ATTORNEY THAT WAS WHY I SENT HIN TO YOU, PLEASE YOU WILL NOT USE THEM BECAUSE THE ATTORNEY MUST BEEN ATTACHED TO OUR BANK ALSO HE MUST BE ACCREDITED WITH BANK, SO YOU WILL USE THE ATTORNEY FOR SECURITY REASON OF OUR BANK.

THAT IS THE ATTORNEY WILL GO TO COURT HERE AND GET AFFIDEVIT OF OATH AND POWER OF ATTORENY THAT THE MONEY WAS INHERIATED BY YOU, SO MY ADVICE IS TO APPOINT THE ATTORNEY I SENT TO YOU.PLEASE CONTACT HIM SO THAT HE WILL GET THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS ON YOUR BEHALF AND IT WILL PROPERLY SIGNED AND HANDLED.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 06:26:02 -0400

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your update, I received your two letters with happniess, Please keep following him like that. I will also informing you to follow there directions to enable us receive our wire transfer safely please.

I will be waiting for your updates all ways.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:52:35 -0400

Dr Bright--I'm sure that my counsel can be relied upon. I am not comfortable with the incongruous request to use your attorney, and I'm afraid I must insist on this point. Best, Robert

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 05:04:40 -0400

PLEASE YOU BETTER CHOOSE FROM THE TWO OPTION BECAUSE I HAVE EXPLAIND TO YOU OUR PROCEEDURE OK, PLEASE TRY AND CHOOSE FROM IT.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT
THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:45:39 -0400

Dr Bright: Since you require me to use your attorney instead of my own, I cannot participate in this transaction at present. Perhaps we can work something out later. Best of luck in your endeavours--
Robert

Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:24:35 -0400

Dear Robert,

Why are you sounding like this? Are giving up with the transaction? please answer my question I am waiting.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi

[Bit of forward planning here...]

Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:19:02 -0400

Remond, I don't understand why this Dr Bright fellow cares which lawyer we use. In the US it is extremely unusual for a person to use a lawyer employed by the other party in a transaction. In fact I have never known of such a thing. If we do this I want to do it right, as I think you know by now.

I have no objection to Dr Bright using this Luke Lin fellow for his purposes, but I need to have my own lawyer involved as well. If you can talk some sense into Dr Bright then by all means do so, but bear in mind that I must be firm. When we have completed the
transaction I'm sure that you will be glad we did it this way. It will minimize our risks and it is after all a question of professional ethics.

I'm sure Dr Bright already knows all this, and I'm confident that he will accommodate us. I imagine that he is considering the very option I discussed above, of having two lawyers involved as a compromise. Let's give him a few more days to think it over and see what happens.

On another front, I may be in South Africa on business in a few months. Of course if that happens I would like to see you. I would be flying through Joburg en route to Cape Town. Can you recommend a good hotel in Cape Town?

Hope this finds you well. Keep the faith. Best, Robert

Best, Robert

[...and a little more here...]

Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:29:30 -0400

PS--I just forgot for a moment that your institution is based in South Africa but you spend time in London. I think Star Alliance flights from JFK generally have Heathrow as their stopover point, so if I take South African instead of Emirates I can facilitate our
meeting either way. Anyways it's still a few months off and not certain yet. Best, Robert

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:42:22 -0400

Dear Robert,

Now I think what you mean is the Lawyer from the bank to Corresponding all documents to your Lawyers for confirmations, if it is so that is very good because I asked the Director of the bank and He said if it is in that way no problems but all what He know is that Mr.Luke Lin will be the one that will signing all the documents from there bank and sending it to your Lawyer.

So try to contact Mr. Luke Lin, please I know what you are writing on your mails about Risk but as long as I know it will not come from my side,or less from your side.

I am waiting for good news that you have contacted the Lawyer Mr.Luke Lin.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Cc: [email protected], [email protected]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:25:32 -0400

Mr Lin: I am contacting you at the request of Dr Bright regarding a transaction for the account of Morris Thompson. I'm sure Dr Bright has given you the details so I will omit them here, but can fill you in if needed. My own attorney (Ramsey Clark, cc) will work with you. Please direct your future correspondence to him, but feel free to cc me or not as you wish.

My one request is that (as Mr Clark did) you sign up for, and use, an account at http://www.hushmail.com for this transaction. I do not want anyone to be able to intercept our communications.

Thanks and best, Robert Weiler

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:04:53 -0400

ATTN: ROBERT WEILER,

YOUR WRITE UP TO THE LAWYER IS GOOD YOU CAN SEND IT TO THE LAWYER AND THE TRANSACTION WILL WORK WELL NOW, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT OUR BANK WILL NOT LIKE ANY STORY THAT WILL TAKE US TO THE COURT THAT WAS WHY, NOW IT IS GOOD.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:54:27 -0400

Attn:Mr Robert Weiler,

Thanks for the appointment which you have given to me,I promise to handle the matter perfectly and urgently.

There was a question which you asked me about having an account with www.hushmail.com,well I should try to know if I can create an account to keep this transaction confidential.

I am also recognized that Ramsey Clark have opened his own email with the above mensioned website,I will try as well in the next of my mail where I will explain my professional fees,please try and send the email of Ramsey Clark to me to enable me to work as you are been directed.

Yours Truly,

Barrister Luke Lin.0

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:22:00 -0400

Dear Robert,

I am very happy with you by written to the Mr. Luke Lin been the Lawyer, now things will be moving because no matter what happen we will get through with this transaction.

Please try and keep me up date all the movement.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

To: Barrister Luke Otua <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:22:20 -0400

Mr Lin: My attorney's email address is [email protected]

He is waiting for you to contact him via hushmail. Also, for his
records he would like to have a scan of your certificate of
standing with the Bar and any supporting documentation you can
provide.

Please direct any further correspondence to him. Best, Robert

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:29:06 -0400

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your urgent update because after I replied your mail I saw your mail again that the lawyer have replied you, all is very good and also thanking for update we will get the transaction done if you are still following as well as you doing it now.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:35:54 -0400

Remond: Glad to hear it. By the way, what about my upcoming visit to South Africa? I'd like to arrange it so we can meet. Where shall I route through? Best, Robert

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:22:51 -0400
Attn: Ramsey Clark,

This is to inform you that I got your contact through Mr. Robert Weiler, in respect of a business transaction which I agreed to handle the matter, I will be waiting to hear from you before I will send to you my call to bar certificate, I will also need yours as well. After that I will send to you my professional fees and direction on the deal.

Yours Truly,

Barrister Luke O.

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:35:12 -0400

Dear Mr.Robert,

I received your mail with understanding, if you arrange of your coming you are highly welcome, you should arrange it to Johannesburg, South Africa capital city and I need your information so that I will arrange your coming very well.

I am happy that your Lawyer have contacted the bank Attorney, please keep updating me.

Best Regards,

Mr. Remond Dikpesi

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:05:27 -0400

Barrister--I'm a bit at a loss for your form of address. First of all, do you go by Luke Lin or Luke Otua?

Second, it's really quite presumptuous of you to ask for my certifications, given our respective circumstances in this transaction. I was strongly disinclined to comply with your request, and informed Mr. Weiler that this is highly irregular behavior. Nevertheless, at his urging I had my secretary make quick scans of a few of my basic certifications.

Thirdly, although Mr. Weiler has directed me to work with you, he has also made it clear (note the cc) that he has observed several irregularities in his interactions with you and Dr. Bright thus far. He is provisionally willing to ascribe these to linguistic and
cultural "impedance mismatches" as he calls it, but to put it bluntly: he is concerned. I trust, and certainly hope, that you will endeavor to alleviate his concerns about the reliability and demeanor of your enterprise. I can assure you that Mr. Weiler's tolerance for arrogance and incompetence is low, and that he will react poorly to further irregularities.

Fourthly, one such irregularity you should be aware of is your request that Mr. Weiler pay your fees out of pocket. He assures me that it is standard practice for bank transaction fees to be deducted from accounts rather than paid separately, and indeed this is my own experience as well. Insofar as you are working on behalf of the bank, it stands to reason that your fees could, and probably should, be deducted from the transfer. I am willing to entertain your explanation for this anomalous protocol on Mr. Weiler's behalf, but like him my tolerance for unprofessional behavior is low.

Finally, I expect to see satisfactory scans of your certifications before proceeding any further. Once this is done, we can address the other concerns Mr. Weiler has transmitted to me.

Ramsey Clark

[I had been considering sending "documentation" later on so I already had some idea where to look. (And my VTC canceled, which left a hole in my day to fill with this.) Maybe 30 minutes actually spent working on it altogether.]

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:24:28 -0400

Remond: Fantastic. My lawyer is a little worried about this Luke fellow (I told him to bcc you on his response) but this is great news.

I'll look forward to meeting you in Joburg before long...looks like early October now, but it actually might move forward depending on what our supplier in Cape Town does with their logistics chain. If you can recommend a good hotel for my stay there or a night in Joburg I'd appreciate it. I'll keep you posted on the itinerary once it firms up.

Also I've recently switched my company's mobile phone provider and as a result have several (not new, but gently used) surplus phones that we aren't using anymore and that I'll be able to bring for you to give to friends and colleagues if you like. If you're married or attached, I can bring some kind of souvenir for your significant other as well (in which case just let me know what she'd enjoy).

See you soon.

Best, Robert

[Gotta love the old standard MS Paint Red Seal of Approval.]

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:42:26 -0400

Barrister Ramsey Clark,

I will start by thanking you for your documents which you sent to me, but what I requested from you is only call to bar of course that is what I am sending to you.I have never asked for your whole documents.
About my name are as follows Luke is my fist name, Otua is my middle name while Lin is surname.

That is real that Mr. Weiler hac been in contact with Dr.James Bright.I am very happy that you know your client very well, for that you know more than him, you have to explain to him that the money in the bank was in dormant account that needs to activated first.

You fully awear that professional fees can not be deducted from the total sum for transfer, you better explain all this thing to him as a learned friend.

Yours Truly,

Barrister Luke O.

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:02:17 -0400

[Call to bar "certificate" attached]

Remond,

Clark just forwarded me a message from Lin and we had a little conversation. As you probably recall, Clark wanted to see Lin's professional certifcations as a matter of routine.

The "certificate" Lin produced is attached. It's clearly a forgery, and a lazy one at that. I don't see how I can deal with Lin now. After seeing this behavior, do you think Dr. Bright can still be legitimate? I can't deal with Lin, but I hold out some hope for our
transaction's success.

Here is what I think is really going on. I KNOW Lin isn't a lawyer now, and suspect that he is a placeholder for some government official who is demanding a bribe to make this thing go or something like that. I'm not averse to that sort of thing, and I know how these things work. I can understand that a man in Bright's (presumed) position would want to keep this sort of thing private and even concoct a cover story. But I won't deal with Lin anymore after this debacle, and I need some advice about how you think I
should deal with Bright. (Or should we walk away from this? I don't see how we have anything to lose by continuing, though.)

My gut instinct is to try to get Bright to come clean and tell me what REALLY needs to be done on his end as well as ours, and not try to pass off a corrupt government employee (or whatever Lin is) as a lawyer. I feel like I have to assume Bright can be reasoned with, but I don't trust him anymore. And I need some kind of actual
evidence (not just claims) that he is for real before continuing.

What do you think I should do?

Best, Robert

Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:13:05 -0400

Attn: Ramsey Clark

I want to know what is going with your client, please keep me posted.

Barrister Luke Lin O.

Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:13:49 -0400

Dear Robert Weiler,

I have gone through your last mail with the content well understood.I will want you to understand the situation here as regards the subject matter. One thing you should know is this, remember this is a deal that needs confidentiality at every level and as such, should be kept confidential. Mr Bright with his position here will not like to present him self to the deal proper, he will always want to protect his job as well thereby using a middle man who will be representing him.

However, what they normally do is to get a mediator or an agent who's duty is to make sure the deal is done without their direct involvement, i guess that is what is seen happening here. In my own opinion, i will request you contact Mr.Bright and get his own side of the issue. But on my own advice, i will strongly advice that this is a deal and we will have to adhere to what Bright will have to say regarding the matter. On a second thought, i will advice on my own part to forget about your Counsel because Mr. Bright will not want to work with him due to his position in the bank, the deal will be between me and you and i believe that is the only way Mr. Bright will accept this plans. Please think about it and get back to me.

Mr. Bright will be compensated at the end of the deal. All we will do is to agree between ourselves what his percentage/compensation will be at the end of the deal when the funds must have been confirmed in your account. Please go ahead and contact Mr. Bright immediately.

My sincerly Regards,

Mr. Remond Dikpesi.

Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:25:42 -0400

Mr. Lin,

Mr. Weiler and I are still discussing our options. I will apprise you of developments soon.

Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:31:59 -0400

Mr. Lin, upon direction from my client I am informing you that we will not deal with you personally henceforth. If you want more information, I suggest you speak with Dr. Bright.

Ramsey Clark

[The attached pictures are of Steve Wozniak (of Apple fame). They are unmodified except for the passport.]

Cc: [email protected], [email protected]
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:37:56 -0400

Dr Bright--

After receiving a badly forged certificate from Mr Lin (I can produce it if you like) and consulting with my lawyer and associates, I have concluded that we will no longer deal with Lin.

Instead, we will deal either with you directly, or with a person you designate: BUT IN NO INSTANCE SHALL WE DEAL WITH MORE THAN ONE SUCH PERSON, INCLUDING YOURSELF. Therefore if you designate another person to carry out this transaction and we find him to be deceitful or otherwise unsuitable, then I WILL call off the transaction and walk away.

It is of course up to you to choose whether to carry the deal out yourself or to select an agent for the purpose, but in either event WE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY FURTHER IRREGULARITIES. If you are not absolutely certain that you can designate an agent who will conduct matters straightforwardly and in a manner worthy of our trust, then
I suggest that you deal with us directly.

Furthermore, the forgery incident with Mr Lin--whom YOU referred us to--has convinced us that a demonstration of good faith is required on your part in order for the deal to move forward. I will come back to this point in a moment.

As far as the transaction itself, we will need you to be completely straightforward and truthful with us about what needs to be done, both on our end and yours, in order to finalize everything. I am personally very eager to conclude this deal in an efficient and
timely fashion, but I want to be careful, particularly in light of recent events.

Now back to the demonstration of good faith. We require the following before proceeding any further:

1. A suitable scan of your passport. If you wish to conceal your passport number or date of birth for security reasons that is acceptable, but no further concealment is permissible.
2. A genuine picture (NOT AN IDENTIFICATION CARD) of you that clearly and undeniably indicates that you are indeed affiliated with the Standard Bank. For example, a picture beside a bank vault door, or with a large sum of money would suffice. Alternatively, a picture of you along with a suitable scan of your bank
identification card should suffice. To ensure that the picture is current, we require you to hold a sign that clearly reads "THERMINOLOGY" (a random word my circle and I agreed upon).

Falsified or modified scans/pictures will NOT be accepted and will result in IMMEDIATE cancellation of the transaction. I will call off the deal unless you produce a suitable demonstration along the lines above. I will NOT tolerate any attempts to provide alternative evidence, whatever its nature or form, if you do not also include 1. and 2. above. I will NOT tolerate any attempts to proceed before you produce this evidence.

Now to be fair, and as a sign of my own good faith, I am including a scan of my passport, with my personal data obscured and the image itself modified in such a way as to prevent misuse if you are not who or what you claim to be. I am also including two other pictures of myself to corroborate the passport.

I truly hope we can continue this deal, but it is in your hands now.

Robert Weiler

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:49:09 -0400

ATTN: ROBERT.

I HAVE RECEIVED YOUR EMAIL REGARIDNG YOUR DEALING WITH THE ATTORNEY WHICH YOU HAVE CLEARLY STATED THAT HIS DOCUMENTS BADLY FORGED. WELL MR LIN HAS BEEN WORKING WITH THE SO CALLED FORGED DOCUMENT TO WORK WITH OTHER CLIENT'S OF HIS AND NON HAS EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT IT. HOWEVER, SINCE YOU HAVE INDICATED TO SUSPEND FURTHER DEALINGS WITH HIM, I GUESS THAT SHOULD NOT POSE ANY TREAT AS LONG AS THIS TRANSACTION IS CONCERNED.

ON THE CONTRARY, I WILL STRONG ADVICE YOU COME DOWN HERE SO WE CAN MEET FACE TO FACE, THAT WILL GIVE YOU THE CONVICTION OF WHOM YOU ARE DEALING WITH BECAUSE I CAN ONLY SEND TO YOU MY WORK ID AS A BANKER HERE IN MY COUNTRY. ALL YOUR REQUEST IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE TO ME. WHAT YOU ASKING ME TO DO IS AGAINST OUR BANKING POLICY AFTER ALL WHAT I AM DOING IS RENDERING A HELP TO YOU AS A CUSTOMER AND SHOULD NOT BE SUBJECTED TO SUCH REQUEST OF YOURS.

HAVING GONE THROUGH MY EMAIL, IF YOU WISH TO PROCEED, KINDLY MAKE YOURSELF AVAILBLE FOR A FACE TO FACE MEETING WITH ME. I AM WILLING TO RENDER TO YOU ANY KIND OF HELP YOU MAY STAND IN NEED IN ORDER FOR YOU TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR. JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:07:10 -0400

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your updates and the content of your letter is good, but I want to draw your mind into knowing that this is deal and if Dr.James Bright agreed to handle this transaction that he is just giving us a help, not that you will forced He to your mind or what ever He did not want to do,He is just a banker with the bank,my advice is for you to make him your friend so that we will get the transfered found into your account very smoothly with his help, because if you start asking for many things He will start suspecting the money by then he will start tracing the money by then you will see that all of our efforts is for northing, please follow him as a friend please even promise him good gift please.

I will be waiting for your good news on what He replied you.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:41:52 -0400

Dr Bright--Since you are not willing to follow simple and reasonable instructions, I am terminating my involvement with you.
Robert Weiler

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:45:13 -0400

Remond, I'm very sorry, but I have terminated the deal because I can't trust Bright anymore since he won't follow simple directions. I would dearly like to make it up to you in person when I travel to Cape Town. I'll know in a week or so when I'll be leaving and will coordinate my itinerary with you if you're still willing to meet. Again, I'm sorry. Robert Weiler

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:19:33 -0400

ATTN: ROBERT.

ALL LEFT FOR YOU IF YOU LIKE YOU CLAIM YOUR MONEY IF YOU DON'T LIKE ALL IS ALRIGHT FOR OUR BANK.

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[I've learned a lesson here: since the mugu thinks I trust Remond, he's willing to give up with the Bright persona...costing me my trophy. GRRR.]

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:51:25 -0400

Dear Robert,

I am tired of myself since I had this bad news, because I know that he will not do it as you directed him because he is not invloved in this deal, now what will I do? any how I will still suggest to you to still think to do this in other that you give me the full help I asked you because I have all my trust in you because on how we started this transacation,Please let you know if the you can forget all those thing you are requesting from director, please because i don't think you can lie to me.

Please agree with me because I can see that it is that lawyer called mr Lin cost all this problems, that man Mr. Director is a very good man.

When are coming to to South Africa, I am still welcoming you to my country and in my state too I will arrenge a very good hotel for you and also I will send my driver to go to the international air port to pick you up, so you are welcome,when will be coming? is that next week? if it is next week I will be very happy so that we can handle the deal together in South Africa,Please if you have change your mind I will be very gratefully.

I will be waiting to hear a very good response please.

Best regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:10:46 -0400

What bank? You use a yahoo address and provide no other contact information. I haven't seen any evidence that you actually work for a bank. For all I know you are trying to fool me somehow. After all I have seen evidence that you are allied with incompetent forgers. This is the last email you'll get from me until you supply the evidence I require. Don't bother sending anything else.

If I really have money in your "bank" then I'll get it once you're gone. I'm in no hurry, I've got plenty of money. I can wait decades.

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:15:25 -0400

Remond, I'm very sorry but I just don't trust Bright. I hate to say it but I think he has fooled you.

I'll know when I'm leaving by Sunday. Robert

[To open up the playing field I email Bright as "Paulina Shore" without even bothering to conceal my (Verizon pool) IP, which will show up in Yahoo emails. Paulina is gonna share a flight from JFK to Heathrow with Weiler...]

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:53:55 -0400

Dear Sir, This is to inform you that I want you to transfer the
money I inherited from my late cousin Mr. Morris Thompson.

[...]

Sincerely, Paulina Shore

[BWAHAHAHAHA. He bites immediately.]

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:59:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Account of Mr. Morris Thompson
To: Paulina Shore <[email protected]>

ATTN:PAULINA SHORE,

THIS IS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MAIL DATED 28TH DAY OF AUGUST.2007 WITH THANKS.AFTER GOING THROUGH OUR COMPUTER HERE WE CONFIRMED THAT MR. MORRIS THOMPSON HAS A VERY HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY ON HIS ACCOUNT HERE WITH US,THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO TO RECEIVE YOUR INHERITANCE MONEY, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM THESE TWO OPTIONS.

[...]

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 14:27:21 -0400

Doctor Bright, I think I can take a trip to London without too much trouble since I live in New York. (It's high time too since I haven't been there in over a year!) I'd like to get there on a Thursday night, conduct our business on Friday, and have the weekend to go shopping in Hatton Garden and Knightsbridge with my money! If we can conduct this business on Friday the 14th or any later Friday that would be best as I can plan for travel then. Let me know if the 14th will work, or if not which Friday would. Where are you in London? Thanks, Pauly

[I decide to do the same thing one more time with "Gilbert Gottfried", who conveniently will turn out to live in London.]

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:40:15 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Morris Thompson

[same ol' thang...]

Yours truly,
Gilbert Gottfried

[Not sure how Remond's plan works logically, but whatever. He ain't a logician...then again, neither am I.]

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 04:40:35 -0400

Dear Robert,

My dear I had what you told me but after that I tried to think on how to handle this deal and I suggest that there is another way out we can handle this deal.I am suggesting for us to use the DIPLOMATIC CARRIERS to deliver this money to your door step but that will be when you come down to Sout Africa this will be, by then we will go to there security company and claim the money even that will be more easy for us, what do you say? Please reply me immediately so that I will know what do if I will start the arrangement immediately.

I will be waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:28:25 -0400

Remond, now you're talking! Let's do it. Robert

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:51:36 -0400

Dear Robert

Since you have understood with me I will start planning it that way from tomorrow, when are still planning to come to my country? please update me because I am worried about this found. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:19:23 -0400

Remond, I should know when I'll be traveling by Sunday. Once I know I'll forward you the reservation. Robert

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:34:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Paulina Shore" <[email protected]>

THANKS FOR YOUR URGENT RESPONSE AND ALSO OF YOU COMING TO LONDON THAT IS VERY GOOD AND YOU ARE WELCOME, THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO.
YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR FLIGHT TICKET TO ME BY JPG ATTCHMENT IMMEDIATELY I RECEIVE IT I WILL SEND THE PLACE IN LONDON AND ALSO WHAT YOU SHOULD COME WITH FOR PROPER HELPING IN CLAIMING THE FOUND, ANY TIME YOU COME IS GOOD THE BUSINESS IS READY WAITING FOR YOU.

I WILL ARRANGE A HOTEL WHERE YOU SHOULD STAY BUT BEFORE THEN I WILLFORWARD THE HOTEL SO THAT YOU SHOULD MAKE A CHOICE.I AM WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU VERY URGENT.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[The phone number on the reservation is for the Nigerian consulate in NYC. Wonder if our chum will find that out? After all, Pauly will be hard to get a hold of through the number she explicitly gives him...]

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:14:34 -0400

Doctor Bright - It took me a little while to figure out how to make a JPG file! Fortunately it looks like I did it right. Smile See you on the 14th, Pauly

[I'll refrain from repeating the same old email of Bright's and cut to Gilbert's response.]

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:23:29 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Morris Thompson

Dr. Bright, wow! This is fantastic. I live here in London: Kensington, as it happens. Can I drop by tomorrow afternoon? Yours truly, Gilbert

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:28:20 -0400

Dear Robert,

That is very good, I will be waiting to hear from you, I have start the deposition of our money through Security company which I will detail you how far I have gone by your trun of mail.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 05:23:30 -0700 (PDT)
Re: Account of Mr. Morris Thompson

THANKS FOR YOUR FLIGHT TICKET WHICH YOU HAVE SEND TO ME, THAT SHOWS ME THAT YOU ARE READY COMING ON THE 14TH OF SEPT.2007, MY PROMISE IS THAT EVERY THING WILL BE READY WAITING FOR YOU TO COME.

I WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND YOUR MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER SO THAT I WILL CALL YOU IMMEDIATELY.

AFTER WE TALK OVER THE PHONE I WILL THEN TELL YOU WHAT REQUIREMENTS YOU SHOULD COME WITH.

YOU ARE WELCOME.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[I've set up a free call forwarding number courtesy of j2.com...let's see what our mugu has to say.]

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:14:34 -0400

Doctor Bright, that's great. The best number to reach me at is 1(801) 720-2443. See you soon! Smile Pauly

[Shockingly, Dr Bright doesn't seem able to accommodate Gilbert's desire to just drop in. I wonder if the 14th will be doable?]

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 05:33:15 -0700 (PDT)
To: Gilbert Gottfried <[email protected]>

ATTN: GILBERT GOTTFRIED,

THAT IS GOOD I WILL UPDATE YOU LATER BECAUSE I WILL CONFIRM THE DIRECTION OF YOUR MONEY BECAUSE OF ONE REASON OR THE OTHER.I AM SAYING IT IN YOUR OWN GOOD INTEREST.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:24:49 -0400

Dr. Bright, please let me know when I can stop by to execute the transfer. This is so exciting, I can hardly wait! Yours truly, Gilbert

[Looks like the best itinerary RW could find will put him on the same plane with Paulina!...and give him over a week before his scheduled stop in Joburg. The attachment is sent as a PDF since it seems these 419ers sometimes can't be bothered to open then. Gotta wonder if our mugu will notice any of this...]

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:48:58 -0400

Remond, I got a firm set of travel dates this morning and had to spend quite a bit of time this afternoon trying to arrange a decent flight (with a little less success than I had hoped for, but I'll get there. I'm spending a day near JFK to rest each way). I'll see you on my way back, arriving in Joburg on the 22nd and leaving for JFK on the 25th. I've attached a PDF of my itinerary. See you soon.
Robert

[Now, something to put Remond on his back foot and distract him from the itinerary for the moment. As I sent this I received a bounce on the last email--Remond can't clean out his inbox (it only has 2MB). So I resent the earlier message without an attachment, hoping it'll fit. It bounces too. Whatever. I don't know if it got delivered and it doesn't really matter as long as he doesn't get suspicious about the flight coincidence with Paulina.]

Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:16:01 -0400

Remond, something's been troubling me for a while and I only just put my finger on it.

Why don't you think Bright is a total fraud after the pathetic stunt Lin pulled? Have you seen his offices? Are you being completely open with me? The reason I ask is that a more plausible but also disturbing explanation for recent events has occurred to me.

I'm convinced that Bright is a total fraud, yet apparently you're not (though we clearly agree that he isn't completely honest, since after all we were going to cut him in on our deal). And I don't know him, while you do. I can't easily reconcile these two pieces of information. The simplest way out that I can think of is to keep the obvious fact--namely, that you know Bright--and discard the supposition that you think that Bright isn't a fraud.

If my reasoning is wrong, please explain why.

If it's correct, please explain why you're covering for Bright, and what he really is, and how you know him. I have some ideas but I'll be interested to see how they compare to the reality.

I need to resolve this issue so that I can pack properly for my trip.

Robert

Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:41:41 -0400

I've had messages rejected. Free up some space in your mailbox. Robert

[He didn't leave a message, dammit. I tested the service to make sure it worked properly. Well, at least he called...]

Fri, 31 Aug 2007 04:13:34 -0700 (PDT)

THANKS FOR YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER WHICH YOU SENT TO ME AND IMMEDIATELY I RECEIVED THE NUMBER I CALLED IT BUT IT ENTERED ANSWERING MECHINE, I WILL CALL AGAIN BY 12 NOON YOUR TIME FOR US TO DISCUSS MORE.

SEE YOU VERY SOON.

YOUR
rclark
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[He didn't leave a message, dammit. I tested the service to make sure it worked properly. Well, at least he called...]

Fri, 31 Aug 2007 04:13:34 -0700 (PDT)

THANKS FOR YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER WHICH YOU SENT TO ME AND IMMEDIATELY I RECEIVED THE NUMBER I CALLED IT BUT IT ENTERED ANSWERING MECHINE, I WILL CALL AGAIN BY 12 NOON YOUR TIME FOR US TO DISCUSS MORE.

SEE YOU VERY SOON.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[Looks like he got something...undelivered mail, my ass.]

Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:04:58 -0400

Dear Robert

Thanks for your itinerary I can now understood with you that you will arrive to my country by 22nd of Sept.2007 you are welcome.I will be in the airport to welcome you and drive home with you.

I am still arrangeing our money to the security company, by tomorrow I will update you both the details of the consignment which we willuse in claimg it, I am at work.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Fri, 31 Aug 2007 04:06:56 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Gilbert Gottfried" <[email protected]>

THANKS FOR YOUR URGENT RESPONDING TO MY MAILS, NOW HERE THE REASON THAT I DID NOT DIRECT YOU YESTERDAY, I TRIED TO CONFIRM WHERE THE YOU CAN STAY AND PAID YOUR MONEY, BUT I FOUND OUT THAT SUCH AMOUNT IS NOT WITH US HERE IN LONDON, BECAUSE WE HAVE ONLY TWO OFFSHOR PAYMENT CENTER IN EUROPE HERE THAT IS LONDON AND SPAIN, NOW YOU HAVE TO ARRANGE YOURSELF TO SPAIN FOR THE CLAIMING OF YOUR FUNDS, BUT IF IT IS NOT EASY FOR YOU THEN YOU WILL ARRANGE FOR TRANSFER CHARGES OF YOUR MONEY THEN IT WILL MOVE INTO YOUR ACCOUNT OR BEEN DELIVERED IN DOOR STEP.

INCASE IF YOU ARE READY TO TRAVEL TO SPAIN, PLEASE TELL ME THE DATE SO THAT BOTH OF YOU AND ME WILL MOVE THE SAME DAY FOR THE PAYMENT.I AMVERY HAPPY THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN.

PLEASE DON'T FAIL TO SEND TO ME YOUR MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER SO THAT I CAN CALL YOU AND AS WELL WE WILL DISCUSSE ON HOW WE ARE GOING TO TRAVEL OR WILL THE SPAIN TRANSFER THE MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT IN LONDON.

YOUR URGENT REPLY IS NEEDED.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[Our GG will be as annoying as the real one.]

Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:29:32 -0400

Well, I can't be fucked to go to Spain right now...how much is the transfer charge?

Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 08:07:46 -0400

Dear Robert,

Please I need you to resend the itinerary again with JPG attachment as I cannot open this one you sent since yesterday please and i sorry for the trouble it may give.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

[I guess we know where Luke Lin Otua's last name came from now...]

Sat, 1 Sep 2007 08:16:17 -0700 (PDT)

THIS IS TO INFORM THAT SINCE YOU SAID THAT YOU SHOULD NOT TRAVEL TO SPAIN, THEN THE COST OF TRANSFER IS STATED BELOW WITH THE ACCOUNT WHERE YOU SHOULD WIRE THE CHARGE.

COST OF TRANSFER IS 0.2% OF THE TOTAL SUM.

HERE IS THE CORRSPONDING ACCOUNT INFORMATION WHERE YOU SHOULD WIRE THE COST OF TRANSFER ARE STATED BELOW.

ACCOUNT NAME:OTUA AUTO CO.LTD

BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 950023008519

BANK ADDRESS: 22 FUBON HU STREET HONG KONG

BANK: TAIPE FUBON COM MERCIAL BANK
(HONG KONG BRANCH)

SWIFT CODE: TPBKHKHH

YOU ARE INFORM TO SEND THE WIRE RECEIPT BY JPG ATTACHEMENT TO ENABLE US TO RECEIVE YOUR COST OF TRANSFER IMMEDIATELY WE RECEIVED IT YOUR WIRE TRANSFER WILL COMMENCE WITHOUT DELAY.

YOUR URGENT REPLY IS NEEDED.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[Fuck, I said "dollar figure". Oh well...I doubt the guy will even notice though.]

Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:44:23 -0400

OK, 0.2%, but what actual dollar figure am I supposed to wire? I'm not a fuckin rocket scientist.

[The SWIFT code appears to check out. The bank info/page/etc doesn't seem to be fake, so I figure I'll email their customer service (and if it is fake, then so what?). I forward Bright's last email to 'em with this prepended.]

Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 14:25:25 -0400

To whom it may concern:

After validating the SWIFT code in the email below (received in the course of baiting a 419 scammer), I have reason to believe that your account 950023008519 is being used for advance fee fraud (if in fact it actually exists). Please open an investigation on this account. Thanks!

"Gilbert"

[Weiler sends Remond a JPEG of the itinerary around 1800 EST. Takes well over a day to get a response: the guy must be busy.]

Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 07:10:48 -0400

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your kind did, I have received and understand your movement towards coming to my country, you are welcome. I will still update you on the details using in depostion of the found by the security company.

Best regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 03:53:11 -0700 (PDT)

HOW ARE YOU? I HOPE YOU ARE STILL GETTING READY ON THE 14TH AS WE AGREED ON? PLEASE I NEED YOUR UPDATE ALWAYS BECAUSE I AM MAKING ENQUIRE ON WHAT YOU WILL COME WITH, SO THAT I WILL DETAIL YOU VERY SOON.

I AM ALL WAYS TRYING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER, BUT IT IS ALL WAYS ENTERRING VOICE MAIL, PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME WHEN I CAN GET YOU, BUT I WILL STILL TRY TODAY.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 09:39:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dr. Bright, I'm coming as scheduled.

I dropped my mobile phone once too many times and now it's broken. I've only got a month left on my service contract, so I'm just checking my voicemail and email until then, and I'll be able to buy a nice replacement at the end of the contract without having to spend $500. Sorry about the hassle. Razz

Please keep me posted and I look forward to meeting you soon! Thanks, Pauly

Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 03:44:35 -0700 (PDT)

THIS IS THE 0.2% OF THE TOTAL SUM WILL BE $75,340.00 SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND FOURTY DOLLARS.

WHEN WILL WIRE SO THAT I WILL ARRANGE OF MOVING TO WIRE YOUR MONEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT.BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL ENTER THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION PROPERLY AS I STATED IT IN MY LAST MAIL TO YOU AND ALSO SEND THE WIRING RECEIPT TO ME BY JPG ATTACHMENT.

YOURS SINCERELY,
DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:57:47 -0400

OK, I don't have that kind of money yet (and what's the bloody exchange rate anyways?). I can scrape up �5000 or so, but that's all anytime soon. I don't mind telling you this bloke's a bit of a chav.

But and so my mate Taylor St. Clair came up with a pretty fucking flash idea. He says to me, how about I transfer part of the funds with the �5K, and then Bob's your uncle and I'll use them funds to transfer the rest? Old Taylor's smart like a computer, eh, guvnor?

Plus but too I've never done a wire transfer before. Can I go to a normal bank in London for that shite or is it something more complicated like I've got to go to the City, chug the pickle and whatnot? You've gotta be a mate and give a chap a bit of guidance here. I'm a bit of a newcomer and all that.

GG

[Paulina gets a VM from Bright, but it seems a little garbled in the middle. Apparently he's been calling for days w/o leaving a VM.]

[My best attempt at transcribing this (with help from Mr Frank Sandbeans) is as follows...

Yo, this is Dr. James Bright. I have been callering you for more than three days now and everybody (else at the registry?) Uh, if you call back (garbled) (and answer me?) officially have the (printout?) for you on the 14th this month (check?). Thank you. Dr. James Bright. Bye.]

Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 16:07:26 -0400

Doctor Bright, I got your voicemail but it was a bit garbled and I couldn't quite make it out. Sad Anyways please let me know what to do, email is fine if the phone connection isn't great. Thanks, Pauly

Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 22:16:50 -0400

Doctor Bright, I'm planning to stay at the Royal Garden Hotel for my visit. I've got a reservation already, but I can cancel if you've already made other arrangements. Please let me know. Can't wait to cross the pond and meet you! Smile Kisses, Pauly

[Gotta love the HTML.]

Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 05:16:02 -0700 (PDT)

THANKS FOR THE TWO MAILS WHICH YOU HAVE SEND TO WHICH IS HIGHLY UNDERSTOOD, I AM ALSO HAPPY AS YOU ARE COMING AS WE SCHEDULED AND YOU ARE WAITING TO BE RECEIVED TOO.

I WILL DETAIL ARRANGE A HOTEL WHICH YOU WILL STAY WHEN YOU ARRIVED, YOU WILL NOT BUDDR YOURSELF IN GETTING A HOTEL, I WILL SEND TELL YOU IN NEXT OF MY MAIL.

THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL COME WITH WHEN COMING ON THE 14TH OF THIS MONTH WHICH IS ABOUT 10 DAYS FROM TODAY, YOU WILL COME WITH 7,000 POUNDS WHICH YOU WILL USE IN OPENING NON RESIDENTAL ACCOUNT WHICH YOU WILL FROM THERE TRANSFER THE MONEY IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT IN YOUR COUNTRY.

I NEED YOUR URGENT REPLY WHILE I WILL SEND THE HOTEL WHERE YOU WILL STAY BY MY NEXT MAIL TO YOU. SO YOU.SO CANCEL THAT HOTEL YOU HAVE ARRANGED.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 11:07:42 -0400

Doctor Bright, I'll bring the �7000. Keep me posted. Thanks, Pauly

Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 04:27:08 -0700 (PDT)

THIS IS WHAT I CAN DO IN THIS CONDITION BEEN THAT YOU HAVE ONLY 5K WHILE YOUR BILL IS $75,340.00, THEN IF YOU SEE THE DIFERANCE IS TOO MUCH, BUT YOU WILL GUARANTEE ME THAT YOU COMPLETE THE BALANCE AFTER BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY OUT.

THIS IS HOW TO DO TRANSFER OF MONEY, YOU WILL GO TO YOUR BANK AND TELL THEM THAT YOU WANT TO TRANSFER 5K TO THAT ACCOUNT INFORMATION I SENT TO YOU BEFORE, THEN THE PERSON IN CHARGE WILL HELP YOU BY FILLING THE TRANSFER FORM, AFTER THAT YOU WILL COLLECT THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT OR WIRE SLIP AND TAKE IT AS YOUR REFRANCE TO YOUR HOUSE, THEN YOU WILL SCAN IT AND SEND IT TO ME BY JPG ATTACHMENT.

INCASE YOU DON'T REMEMBER THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION I SENT TO YOU, HERE IS THE ACCOUNT INFORMATIONS AGAIN.

ACCOUNT NAME:OTUA AUTO CO.LTD

BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 950023008519

BANK ADDRESS: 22 FUBON HU STREET HONG KONG

BANK: TAIPE FUBON COM MERCIAL BANK
(HONG KONG BRANCH)

SWIFT CODE: TPBKHKHH

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[Gilbert is becoming less and less restrained in his dealings with Dr. Bright. I think this trend will continue.]

Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 13:41:27 -0400

Hey mate course I'm gonna complete the balance after, why the fuck would I leave any money there? I'm not some kind of City investor.

Look here now, my good chum Taylor did his sums twice like and he says to me, he says Look Gilbert 0.2% of the bill is $150.68, so instead of fucking around with any more why not just wire that amount in pounds sterling it'll be less than a hundred quid however much it turns out to be, then receive the $75K and use that money to get the whole thing? He says it's almost 38 million dollars which I don't know the exchange rate but it's a bloody lotta quid. Taylor's got lots of fucking brilliant schemes. I'll throw in five quid on the top to make sure it's enough.

So OK I guess I will be doing this and sending over $150.68 first, then the rest later for them several tens of millions. Don't worry Doc as I got all that shite you sent the first time. I'll wire that money on Thursday since I got what you might call a prior engagement with a real class skag. She's a mite rough on the eyes but let me tell you that a stinkfinger might not sound like your cup of tea but just you try this lass for size. Anyways enough of the small talk expect the transfer Friday at the latest. Cheers mate.
Gilbert

[Gotta throw him off balance a little.]

Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:13:00 -0400

Doctor Bright (can I call you James?), my sister just told me that people have to sign declarations forms and that sort of thing if they take more than $10,000 in US currency out of the country. :0 So I will be bringing traveler's checks, hope that's OK. Kisses,
Pauly

[Hm, the first account seems to be having some problems. I wonder why? (smirk) This bank info is also at least superficially legit.]

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 04:35:27 -0700 (PDT)

I JUST WANT TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM WAITING FOR YOUR PAYMENT SLIP BY JPG ATTACHMENT BECAUSE I HAVE EXPLAINED ALL WHAT YOU NEEDED FROM ME.
YOU HAVE TO USE THIS ACCOUNT HERE BELOW TO BE FASTER THE FIRST ONE IS NOT ALL THAT GOOD SO USE THIS ONE BELOW,I THANK GOD THAT IT WILL TOMORROW YOU SAID THAT YOU WILL WIRE THE MONEY.

ACCOUNT NAME: AUTO BOSS CO.LTD

BANK NAME: CHINA TRUST COMMERCIAL BANK NORTH TAOYUAN BRANCH

ADDRESS OF THE BANK: IF,NO124, JINGGUO ROAD TAOYUAN CITY TAOYUAN COUNTY 330,TAIWAN.

ACCOUNT NO: 864141000008

SWIFT CODE: CTCBTWTP.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:05:44 -0400

To whom it may concern--I believe the account number 864141000008 is being used for advance fee fraud. Please open an investigation on this account. Thanks!
"Gilbert"

Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:07:34 -0400

Righto Jim. I'm off to roger that slag now and I'll deal with this shite on the morrow. I'll holler when the wire goes. GG

[Ol' Jimmy's just about business, not bitches. The mobile number appears to be a Vodafone mobile, i.e., probably an actual UK number.]

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 05:56:58 -0700 (PDT)

THANKS FOR YOUR THREE MAILS AND AFTER GOING THROUGH THE MAIL I CAN UNDERSTOOD WITH YOU VERY WELL, NOW I CAN SEE THAT TIME IS ALMOST AT HAND AND SINCE YOU HAVE THE 7,000 pONUDS, NOW I WILL MAKE ARRANEMENT THAT THE MONEY WILL BE OUT FROM THE BANK AND BEEN DEPOSITE SOME WHERE TO ENABLE US HAVE NO PROBLEMS WHEN YOU COME.i WILL DO IT BEFORE THE 14TH BUT ALL WHAT YOU WILL DO FOR ME IS TO ASKING ME HOW FAR WITH THIS ARRANGEMENT IN DAILY BASES.

I WILL ADVICE YOU TO SEND THAT MEONY TO ME SO THAT YOU WILL NOT LOOK FOR ANY SIGN ANY DECLARATIONS FORM AT ALL AND I BELIVE THAT IT WILL BE BETTER, BECAUSE YOU WILL JUST ENTER FLIGHT AND START COMING THAT IS ALL OR YOU CAN SEND HALF AND COME WITH HALF, IF IT IS OK BY YOU I WILL THEN SEND YOU THE DETAILS OF MY PERSONAL ASSISTANT CONTACT IN OTHER FOR YOU TO SEND THE 7,000 POUNDS OR HALF.

AS YOU KNOW MY POSITION HERE IN THE BANK I WILL LIKE YOU TO WORK WITH MY CONFIDENTIAL SECETARY BECAUSE HE WILL COME TO AIRPORT TO PICK YOU AND HE WILL SEND THE HOTEL RESAVATION TO YOU SO I WILL LIKE YOU TO CALL HIM IMMEDIATELY YOU RECEIVE THIS MAIL WITH HIS NUMBER 447795485171 HIS NAME IS MR. HENRY ALISON, TO CONFIRM ABOUT YOUR HOTEL RESAVATIONS AND ORDER THINGS BECAUSE GETTING BACK TO ME TOMORROW.

I AM WAITING FOR YOUR URGENT REPLY AND CONFIRMATION THAT YOU HAVE CONTACTED MR, HENRY ALISON WITH THIS TELEPHONE NUMBER 447795485171.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:26:30 -0400

Doctor Bright, it's not at all easy for me to call internationally now, since as I told you my phone is broken and I'm waiting to get a replacement at the end of my service contract this month. If instead Mr. Allison wants to leave me a voicemail or email that would be splendid and of course I would be more than happy to coordinate things with him.

I can bring the traveler's checks without any trouble and cash them once I'm in the UK. It will take me a few days to do this as I'm having to liquidate part of my 401 plan to get the last $6K of the roughly $14K total.

See you soon. Pauly

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 06:29:37 -0400

Dear Robert,

This is to infor you that I want you to choose a hotel where you will like to stay from this three hotel so that I will do a resavation for you, the hotels are.

( 1) Airport sun Inter-continental,

(2) Emperors palace,

(3) Metcourt Laurel Hotel,

All is five star and situated close to the international airport, so choose from this three hotel.About the deposition of the money is been done and I am guarantee you that every thing will be successfull because I made every thing easy for us waiting for your arrivel.

Before I forget, you should come with someting like $7,000 to 10,000 which we will use in clearing or claiming the consignment from the security company.I am waiting for you in Johannesburg South Africa.

I am waiting for your urgent response.

Best regards,

Mr. Remond Dikpesi.

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:20:57 -0400

Remond--Got it. I'll bring most of the cash and get the rest at the airport. Let's do the Metcourt Laurel. See you soon. Robert

[Let's see how Bright explains this!]

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:46:11 -0400

Hey mate what the fuck is going on? I tried to make the transfer and the lass at the bank she comes back to me and she says Sir I'm afraid we can't transfer the money as the receiving bank informs us that this account is under investigation and can you wait here? and the bank manager starts in on me and asks for my ID and threatens to call the police until I calms him down and it was a pretty tight fucking situation let me tell you. So but hey mate what the fuck is going on?

Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:16:55 -0700 (PDT)

YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT I AM DEALING WITH YOU ON THE EMAIL AND VOICE MESSAGE BUT HE SAID THAT YOU MUST CALL HIM, SO I WILL ADVICE YOU TO CONTACT HIM THROUGH PHONE EVEN IN THE PAY PHONE BECAUSE HE SAID THAT HE WILL NOT LIKE TO DISCUSS WITH YOU ON THE EMAIL, THAT HAD IT BEEN THAT YOUR PHONE IS WORKING THAT HE WILL GIVE YOU A CALL, SO YOU BETTER GO TO THE PAY PHONE AND CALL HIM AND ALSO EXPLAIN WHY YOU CANNOT RECEIVE CALL AS YOU TOLD ME, SO CALL HIM NOW AS YOU KNOW THAT TIME IS ALMOST AT HAND.

TO BE IN A SAFE SIDE CALL HIM NOW.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:26:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: I forget from Dr.James

I FORGET TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU WILL SEND YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT FOR HIM TO ADENTIFIED YOU WHEN YOU ARRIVED IN LONDON, VERY IMPORTANT SO SEND IT THROUGH JPG ATTACHMENT.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:23:22 -0700 (PDT)

James, why don't you have him leave me a voicemail? Wouldn't that be easier for everyone? Pauly

[Pauly's pictures are from a viral web ad that made the rounds on teh Digg: some chick "lost" her camera and it had these and some rather spicier pics on it which were all posted to the web by the "finder". The "loss" was reported in the Daily Mail, so our presumptive tosser in the UK may well have seen her...after all, I doubt he reads the Times or the Guardian. Still, the pics I used weren't very similar to the ones in the Daily Mail article, so it will almost certainly go unnoticed. (BTW, who can even count the layers of fakery at this point?) Also, the new US passport design was surprisingly easy to fudge quickly in Photoshop (though it's not as good a fake as Weiler's), but I just sent a cropped pic instead of the whole thing to keep the 419er from misusing it.]

Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:15:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I forget from Dr.James

Doctor Bright, here's a scan of the picture from my passport. Since I usually wear glasses, I found a couple of pictures of me with them on so you can see what I usually look like. Have a good weekend (if you're not already) and see you soon! Pauly

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:52:07 -0400

By the way, how will I recognize your driver?

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 20:22:14 -0400

PS--If you can, please make a few requests on my behalf for the room: I like a room on a high floor, away from the elevators.

Also can you send me a copy of the reservation? I need to have it for my expense account. Thanks, Robert

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:06:16 -0700 (PDT)

I CAN UNDERSTAND WITH YOU BUT WHAT YOU WILL DO NOW IS FOR TO WITHDRAW THE MONEY FROM YOUR BANK AND GO TO ANOTHER BANK AND WIRE IT FROM THERE BECAUSE THAT ACCOUNT HAS NO PROBLEMS, JUST GO TO YOUR BANK AND WITHDRAW THAT AMOUNT AND GO TO ANY OTHER BANK FROM THERE YOU WILL WIRE THE MONEY BECAUSE THAT BANK HAVE NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.DO IT TODAY.

PLEASE SEND YOU TELEPHONE NUMBER IMMEDIATELY YOU RECEIVE THIS MAIL AND I WILL CALL IMMEDIATELY.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:28:49 +0100 (BST)

Are you taking the piss? Fuck that shite. I almost got arrested because of your bloody account and no fucking way am I gonna do that shite again. You must be crazy.

[I think he wants me to call! But like George Costanza, I will try to "do the opposite".]

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:11:30 -0700 (PDT)

THANKS FOR YOUR PICTURES WHICH I HAVE RECEIVED IN GOOD CONDITIONS, PLEASE I WILL LIKE YOU TO GIVE HIM A CALL BECAUSE AFTER YOU DID THE CALL ALL THE NECESSARY INFORMATIONS WILL SEND TO YOU AS YOU KNOW THAT TIME IS ALL MOST AT HAND, WHY DON'T YOU MAKE THE CALL, WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT MAKING CALLS, JUST CALL AND TELL HIM THAT YOU ARE THE ONE THAT COMING ON FRIDAY BY THEN HE WILL WRITE TO YOU TO GIVE YOU ALL THE INFORMATIONS YOU NEEDED, PLEASE CALL HIM NOW.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 06:01:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Resend your passort

I WANT TO CONFIRM IF YOU CALLED HIM? I WILL LIKE YOU TO RESEND YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT TO ME AND MAKE SURE THAT IT IS COMPLETE BECAUSE WHAT YOU SENT TO ME WAS PART OF YOUR PASSPORT, SEND IT FULL. PLEASE CALL THIS MAN NOW BY ALL WAYS.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 06:41:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Resend your passort

You are creeping me out.

I don't know why I need to call this Alison guy or send you my full passport now. You already know what I look like and I'll have my passport with me when I come. And you know my itinerary. I can get around London fine by myself, it's not necessary to have someone else arrange things for me (and to prove it, I am going to make my own reservation for the Royal Garden, which I know and like).

Please don't act so creepy. I just want to have a fun trip.

[I'm getting pretty damn sick of hearing "urgent" from this asshole. Thankfully it's just a few days until the trip, when everything will start to unravel.]

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:56:04 -0400

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your mails and I quite understand with you, Now you have to send to me your telephone number for the hotel reservation,because I cannot do the reservation without your number.

Will you like smoking room or non smoking room?once you made the reservation, I will send him the details but remember to send phone number for the reservation.

My driver will write your name on a placard and display it on the arrival stand in the airport, I need to get every thing ready before your arrivel.

Your Urgent reply with the phone number is urgently needed.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

[Using a k7.net number similar to that for Paulina...I also set up a UK number at www.yac.com for other purposes that'll cost rather a lot for any callers, just like Remond's number.]

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:40:52 -0400

Remond--Use (206) 376-1520. Non-smoking is best. If you could send a copy of the reservation that'd be great. Thanks/Robert

Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:40:27 -0400

Remond, I'll be heading to JFK tomorrow morning and doing JFK-CPT the day after, so I will be pretty tough to get a hold for about 72 hours from now (counting my jet lag recovery period). Just FYI. Robert

[Time for an accidentally sent email to make Pauly's episode look like a dollar chop just as time is running short. It is even more obviously BS than a typical asem because it is coming from "Tom Green", not Pauly. Note the aforementioned UK number I set up.]

Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:19:17 -0400

Ms. Shore: Yes I think you are right not to involve Dr. Bright but it is important that you come to London with the money so we can finish the transfer. I will see you on Friday and please give me a call at 07092895887 once you arrive.
Sincerely, Tom Green

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:01:00 -0400
[email protected] wrote:
>Mr. Green,
>
>I don't want Dr. Bright to know because he
>is really starting to weird me out. Anyways
>my flight gets in Thursday night. I'll be
>staying in Kensington but not at the Royal
>Garden since you think it's a bad idea. I'll
>see you soon!
>
>Thanks, Pauly

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 05:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, WHO IS THOMAS GREEN? YOU SHOULD BE CAREFULLY, I SUGGEST FOR YOU TO CLEAR THIS THING BEFORE YOU COMMENCE ON YOUR TRAVEL AND I AM NOT HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE NOT WRITE TO ME SINCE FEW DAYS NOW, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU?

THE BELOW IS THE WHAT YOU HAVE SENT TO ME BEFORE WE GO ON THIS DEAL, PLEASE CONFIRMED IT BEFORE TRAVEL OR YOU WILL TELL THE AIR PORT PEOPLE THAT YOU SUSPEND YOUR TRAVEL TILL ONE WEEK AFTER TO ENABLE YOU CLEAR THIS ISSU AND WHO IS THIS THOMAS GREEN? PLEASE NEED YOU TO ASK HIM ABOUT HIS TELEPHONE NUMBER OK SO THAT YOU WILL SEND IT TO ME TO ENABLE ME KNOW THE SWENDERA THAT DID THIS.BE CAREFULLY WITH YOUR SELF.

YOUR FIRST MAIL TO ME ARE STATED BELOW:

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

Dear Sir,
This is to inform you that I want you to transfer the
money I
inherited from my late cousin Mr. Morris Thompson. The
money has
been in your bank for so long, the details of his
account are as
follows:
Immediately you confirm the account I will forward my
account where
you will transfer the money, I am ready to comply with
your rules
and regulation guiding your bank.
I will be very gratefully if my request is considered
urgently.
Sincerely, Paulina Shore

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 05:52:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fwd: Re: Upcoming trip

ATTN: PAULNIA,

SEE WHAT I RECEIVED TODAY, WHAT IS GOING ON? PLEASE GO THROUGH THIS MAIL AND GET BACK TO ME, I DON'T WANT THIS BAD PEOPLE TO TAMPER WITH THIS MONEY OR DO ANY THING STUPIED TO YOU, PLEASE GET BACK TO ME NOW.THAT IS WHY I SAID THAT I NEED YOUR PHONE BECAUSE I CLUDE HAVE CALL YOU NOW.

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[The asem was reproduced here.]

[The 3 photos Paulina sent before are attached. I think this is supposed to be a bid for Bright to reinforce his authenticity, but I will deliberately misunderstand this in my response.]

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 05:56:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fwd: Re: I forget from Dr. James

ATTN: PAULNIA,

SEE WHAT I RECEIVED TODAY, WHAT IS GOING ON? PLEASE GO THROUGH THIS MAIL AND GET BACK TO ME, I DON'T WANT THIS BAD PEOPLE TO TAMPER WITH THIS MONEY OR DO ANY THING STUPIED TO YOU, PLEASE GET BACK TO ME NOW.THAT IS WHY I SAID THAT I NEED YOUR PHONE BECAUSE I CLUDE HAVE CALL YOU NOW.

ARE NOT THE ONE THAT SEND YOUR PICTURE TO ME? ASK THAT CALLED THOMAS GREEN TO SEND YOUR PICTURE IF HE IS THE RIGHTFULL PERSON.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[BWAHAHAHAHA!1!!!1]

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:01:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: VERY URGENT IMPORTANT

GUY,

HOW ARE YOU? HOPING THAT YOU ARE WORKING HAD, MAY GOD BE WITH YOU WHEN YOU STOP THIS KIND OF THINGS.

WHY ARE CUTTING MY MAGA, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IT IS VERY BAD BECAUSE YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE JOB BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW THE AMOUNT INVLOVED, PLEASE STOP THAT EVEN IF SOMEBODY GAVE YOU THIS JOB, PLEASE TRY AND ASK THE PERSON ABOUT THE DETAILS OF THE JOB FIRST.

MAYOR CHIJIOKE

Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:50:39 -0700 (PDT)
"Thomas Green" <[email protected]>
Re: VERY URGENT IMPORTANT
"rasta rasta" <[email protected]>

guyman when you fall mugu you gon get dolla chopped. [dude when you're fooled you'll get your own scam hijacked.] if you tell me all da job details maybe we work together. but i got all da info and told the maga to expect you to make up whateva bad things about me and she agree she no mind em. if you no got no more good job details for me then better tell your oga [boss] about dis maybe he can fix for you.

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:32:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: I forget from Dr.James
CC: [email protected]

First of all, I'm more than a little upset Thomas would accidentally send you an email intended for me. I will expect him to take me to dinner to make up for it!

Everything I sent you is correct. The account information, the photos, everything (here's two more!). And I'm traveling tomorrow because I don't want to change my ticket and I am going to have fun in London no matter what.

But Mr. Green was rather emphatic that I should conduct the transfer with him instead of you. He made a convincing case and your behavior has only reinforced it. If you want to give him a call then go right ahead, you already have his number. I've told you several times that it's very difficult for me to make calls myself until month's end, yet you kept pressuring me and creeping me out about that and my passport. Mr. Green, on the other hand, is quite nice and assures me that he can transfer the money himself. I don't know how you two know each other or why you don't like him and frankly I don't care.

If you want to meet on Friday then I'll be happy to see you, but you need to tell me where and when. I already have a breakfast appointment with Mr. Green that he says will run until 1100 or so. I'll be able to check my email until early Friday morning and after that I intend to go shopping and head back to New York.

Pauly

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:42:08 +0100 (BST)

Look bub is there any way I can get the money without a wire transfer? I'm not gonna try that shite again after last time but can I send you a check? That'd be a picklechug of a way to sort it out I think.

[The Metcourt was in fact full: I had checked earlier over email. The phone number for the new hotel checked out also.]

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:34:55 -0400

Dear Robert,

I received your movement as you send it to me today, that is very good, below is how far I have gone with reservation of hotel,I have went to the metcourt hotel and it is full booked for the period of 22nd to 25th, you can call then to confirm, there telephone number is +270119281000.

But I have made a reservation in GARDEN COURT HOTEL AIRPORT (within the international airport).The reservation number is AB6Q9 and the prize is R825.00. Their telephone number is +270113921062 you can confirm it as well.

you are welcome to South Africa.

Best Regards,

Mr.Remond Dikpesi.

[As Reagan said: trust, but verify. I found the hotel website, but never received a response to this. Whatever.]

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:01:16 -0400

Hi, I wanted to confirm a reservation for me from the 22nd to the 25th. The confirmation number is AB6Q9. Thanks! Robert Weiler

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 06:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

THAT IS VERY GOOD YOU HANDLE THE BUSINESS BUT I MUST TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL NEVER AND NEVER RECEIVE ANY SINGLE CENT FROM THAT SO CALLED MR.THOMAS GREEN BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HIM I DON'T THINK THAT I WILL KNOW HIM BECAUSE IF YOU THINK VERY WELL YOU WOULD ASK THEM HOW MUCH TO BE CLAIMED BY YOU WHEN YOU ARRIVED IN LONDON OR DON'T YOU THINK VERY WELL THAT BEFORE YOU ENTERED INTO REPLYING ANY MAIL TO HIM THAT YOU SHOULD ASK ME FIRST BECAUSE I AM NOT THE PERSON THAT DIRECTED YOU TO SO CALLED MR.THOMAS GREEN, BUT SINCE YOU TRUSTED HIM SIMPLE THAT HE DID NOT ASK YOU TO CALL HIM FIRST THAT IS WHY YOU TRUST HIM MORE THAN ME THAT IS DELAYING WITH YOU AND WHO KNOW ABOUT THE MONEY, ANYWAY THAT IS FOR YOU.

YOU BETTER THINK WHAT I AM TELLING YOU BEFORE YOU MAKE MISTAKE BECAUSE AFTER YOU HAVE SPENT YOUR MONEY TO THEM YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MONEY FROM THEM BY THEN YOU WILL COME BACK TO ME.

TO CUT EVERY THING SHORT WHEN YOU RICH AT LONDON SIMPLE CALL THAT NUBER I SENT TO YOU SO THAT BOTH OF US WILL MEET TOGETHER SO THAT LET KNOW IF MR. THOMAS GREEN WILL TELL YOU THAT HE KNOW ME OR EVEN SEE ME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LIFE.

PLEASE CALL ME WITH THAT NUMBER I SENT TO YOU WHEN YOU REACH AIRPORT HERE IN LONDON.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[Bright calls Green. The mugu has a mouth full of marbles: I actually had to clean up the sound to get even to this dismal level.]

[Emphasis mine. I was holding out for the ol' Western Union...]

Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:08:20 -0700 (PDT)

THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN GET THIS MONEY WITHOUT TRANSFER, THE ONLY WAY IS THIS TWO WAYS, IF YOU CAN TRAVEL TO SPAIN AS I SUGGESTED FOR YOU OR YOU SEND IT THROUGH WESTREN UNION TRANSFER OR MONEY GRAM THAT IS ONLY WAY OUT.

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR LAST MAIL BEFORE THIS TODAYS MAIL, YOU GAVE ME YOUR NUMBER AND IT WAS NOT WORKING WHY YOU CANNOT SEND TO ME ANOTHER ONE PHONE NUMBER WHY? SO THAT WE CAN TALK FIRST.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[Could Paulina and Gilbert be spending the weekend together? That'd be a hell of a coincidence...but remember the birthday paradox! In a few hours Gilbert will learn all about Dr. Bright from Paulina, but like the cunning chav he is, he won't let on until after he's had a bit of fun first.]

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:34:15 +0100 (BST)

Well bollocks then I guess I'll try Western Union. Tell me how to do it.

Also bub I'm trying to help you chug the Pickle like a good mate I never gave you my phone number or anyone else's. You should check your inbox before you go apeshite and jerking my nuts. But whatever. Tell me how to do the Western Union Thing.

Keep in mind I might have to wait a bit tho since I got a Yank lass I used to shag hopping over the pond and shacking up with me for the weekend. Shes crazy but a hot one and dirty too. With a bit of luck Ill be taking her on another trip or three to POUND TOWN if you know my meaning.

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:04:26 -0700 (PDT)

Dr. Bright, I'm in London now staying with an old friend.

Actually FYI Tom has been very good about using my voicemail (we had a rather nice chat over the phone at Heathrow; he's really a charming fellow) and I'm confident that he can handle the transaction.

You might also be interested to know that I met another former client of yours on the flight from New York (it's a small world!). He was quite adamant that you were not to be trusted under any circumstances, which is really too bad: I'd planned to ask you to a late lunch tomorrow so there wouldn't be any hard feelings. I'm afraid however that after hearing this man's all-too-credible stories about you and your lawyer associate there's simply no way I can meet with you at all. In fact I gave this man Tom's contact information and suggested that the two of them get in touch.

So: sorry old chap, but as they say here in London, maybe next time you'll chug the pickle. Pauly

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:39:07 -0700 (PDT)

YOU ARE WELCOME IN LONDON AND IT IS A GREAT THING THAT YOU HAVE ARRIVED.

SINCE YOU HAVE MEET WITH YOUR OLD FRIEND IN LONDON AND YOU ARE STAYING WITH HERE PLEASE USE HIS OR HER PHONE TO CALL ME IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE CAN SEE THEN I WILL HOST YOU HERE IN LONDON OR YOU CAN USE PAY PHONE AND CALL THAT NUMBER I GAVE TO YOU BEFORE, YOU CAN CALL ME DIRECTLY WITH THIS NUMBER 7045736520 YOU WILL GET DIRECTLYM I AM WAITING FOR YOUR CALL NOW SINCE YOU IN LONDON.

YOURS SINCERELY,

DR.JAMES BRIGHT

[Ol' Jimmy Bright just supplied a perfect casus belli.]

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:32:54 -0700 (PDT)

That number looked familiar, so I checked my address book. Sure enough, it's the same as Remond Dikpesi's number. If you ever want to see me you have some explaining to do.

[I send an email to Remond that bounces as follows. Emphasis mine. I didn't orchestrate this...good to know the hush boys are on top of things.]

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 02:34:03 -0400

This is the Postfix program at host mailserver9.hushmail.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<[email protected]>: host smtp3.hushmail.com[65.39.178.135] said: 554
5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Disabled
for TOS violations - ab (in reply to RCPT TO command)

[I send it to Remond's earlier address.]

Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 02:37:11 -0400

Your hushmail account seems to have been suspended for violating the terms of service. Explain that one too.

----- Forwarded message from [email protected] -----
I met a very pretty young woman who was on the same flight from JFK
to Heathrow and we had a very interesting chat. I won't go into
detail because I want to hear your version first. I hope you know
better than to try to bullshit me now if you still want me to
participate in any deal. So here's your chance to explain this:

----- Forwarded message from Paulina Shore
<[email protected]> -----
Bob, in reference to our conversation I thought you
should see this email exchange. Talk to Tom if you
haven't yet: he seems to know quite a bit about it all
and is really very personable.

Anyways, thankfully my little vacation wasn't spoiled,
and I'll be heading back in a few hours. I'll be
interested to know what course of action you decide to
follow. Do try to stop by during your return layover
in New York and tell me all about it. Cheers, Pauly

--- Paulina Shore <[email protected]> wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:32:54 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Paulina Shore <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Account of Mr. Morris Thompson
> To: "Dr.James Bright" <[email protected]>
>
> That number looked familiar, so I checked my address
> book. Sure enough, it's the same as Remond Dikpesi's
> number. If you ever want to see me you have some
> explaining to do.
>
> --- "Dr.James Bright" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > ATTN:PAULINA SHORE,
> >
> > YOU ARE WELCOME IN LONDON AND IT IS A GREAT THING
> > THAT YOU HAVE ARRIVED.
> >
> > SINCE YOU HAVE MEET WITH YOUR OLD FRIEND IN LONDON
> > AND YOU ARE STAYING WITH HERE PLEASE USE HIS OR
> HER
> > PHONE TO CALL ME IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE CAN SEE
> THEN
> > I WILL HOST YOU HERE IN LONDON OR YOU CAN USE PAY
> > PHONE AND CALL THAT NUMBER I GAVE TO YOU BEFORE,
> YOU
> > CAN CALL ME DIRECTLY WITH THIS NUMBER 7045736520
> YOU
> > WILL GET DIRECTLYM I AM WAITING FOR YOUR CALL NOW
> > SINCE YOU IN LONDON.
> >
> > YOURS SINCERELY,
> >
> > DR.JAMES BRIGHT
> > THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS.
> > STANDARD BANK OF ENGLAND LONDON.

As of 17 September, no responses to any addresses (sigh). So this is apparently

THE END
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic