SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Completely weird and ironic email problem

View next topic
View previous topic

Gendo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I'm having problems with email coming into my Hotmail account from here. Every time I get an email from 419eaters MSN blocks it saying "This message has been blocked for your safety". That just leaves me to say...

Shocked WTF!?

So, is there any way I can make hotmail see that you're perfectly safe and not "Might Be Dangerous" material? Thanks Very Happy

EDIT: Nevermind, that was back when I was using windows Live mail.

Now that I've switched to hotmail classic it simply tells me that the sender couldn't be verified by Sender ID. Is that a safety measure? Thanks for letting me know Smile

United Kingdom (On my first baiting too!)

Taking a hiatus from baiting as college and moderating another forum are taking their toll. Very Happy

Last edited by Gendo on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe add it to your address book list.

I think that MS/hotmail automatically allows anything through that is listed in your contacts. So add the email address, then first name of 419, last name of eater, and you should be good.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Gendo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, I'll try that Smile

Edited my original post to say that it now explains that the forum email couldn't be verified by Sender ID.

Taking a hiatus from baiting as college and moderating another forum are taking their toll. Very Happy
UncleNed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried looking at MSN's blocking settings before but couldn't find anything to alter them. I assume that, like Vista, they make it specificly for the computer illiterate. Rolling Eyes This is why I had to give up baiting with hotmail, the scammers emails got marked as spam and stopped being forwarded to my baiting account.

On a similiar note, aa419.org is blocked by websense because it is in the "computer secuirity." catagorey...

"Your life is a monument to stupidity, I am breathless that anyone or anything in our universe can really be this stupid. You are a primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid you LITTLE SHIT !! " Raymond Hanz of Fnaz Kapitial (Now behind bars)

"YOU CAN CUT YOUR DIG AND EAT IT, YOU LOUSY FOOOOOOOL............" Sani Suleman Listen to him on the Radio (Starts at 19 minutes)
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to 419eater I have about 800 emails saying "There's a reply in some topic your watching". Laughing

And I've finally figured out how to stop that, far out shiver stop spamming me !!

EDIT: Just checked hotmail, 1200 emails from 419eater, I haven't turned it of, how the heck do I?

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg

Last edited by Reaper on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gendo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

most of the emails I get are saying "you have a new private message". I've trained myself to not bother opening the email now and just go straight to my PM inbox. It was kinda annoying when I first signed up though, I had to tell MSN to show me the message with the verification code in it, cause it believed that a "Do not reply" email was dangerous just cause it didn't have sender ID D:

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a place where a newbie got banned for setting his account to receive e-mail alerts to every reply to his new threads--you cannot be a newbie if you do not start random threads--and THEN reporting the e-mail alerts as spam.

Hotmail seems to be very good at blocking e-mail from your mother, lover, and rich uncle whilst letting in "Hot Underage Wanna Suck Your [CENSORED--Ed.]" e-mail.

Actually, that is unfair . . . better than Yahoo which is synonymous with "catcher account."

--J.D.

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or simply go to [profile] and turn off all email warnings then when you log in to the eater click [view all your posts] (right top) and the ones with an answer are on top of the list.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@reaper, edit these settings in your profile. The first one is probably what's causing all the mail.

There's also a "Watch This Topic for Replies" tag at the top and bottom of each page while viewing a thread, should you decide you want to be notified accordingly.

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaSpainSwitzerlandBeninNetherlandsCanadaGhanaItalyIrelandMalaysiaUnited Nations = 56

Goat

PayPal Modality

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic