SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

A New One To Me: Know how it works?

View next topic
View previous topic

Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It doesn't look like a 419 or the like, and it doesn't look like an employment scam or a cheque mule job either. But since it landed in my catcher account and it's from gmail, it's definitely BS. I'm guessing it's an ID harvest - have those guys become dumb enough to use mugu tactics?

Here's the contact letter with headers. Lemmy know if you're familiar with this sort of thing.

Quote:
Received: by 10.70.89.10 with SMTP id m10cs152376wxb;
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 09:10:55 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.65.159.3 with SMTP id l3mr6966635qbo.1186935055173;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from your-us67pi6luv ([218.242.245.230])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id q13si2370971qbq.2007.08.12.09.10.42;
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 218.242.245.230 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of [email protected]) client-ip=218.242.245.230;
Received: from [218.242.245.230] by web335.mail.gmail.com via HTTP; Sun, 12
Aug 2007 04:16:07 -1200
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:16:07 -0800
User-Agent: Mozilla 2.0 (Macintosh; I; 68K)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: "Owner"
Subject: FW: Question About Your Services
X-Priority: 3
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="ISO-8859-1"

Hello this is Christine Vanhouser with P.P. Bancard Services and I had a quick concern.

We help Seasonal Businesses save money on their Credit Card Processing and many are losing revenue by overpaying their Processors in Monthly fees, Monthly Minimums fees, High Processing Rates, and High Terminal Fees.

When I say Seasonal Business, I mean any business that doesn't do steady V/MC processing sales each month.

To solve these issues we are providing Seasonal Businesses with a Hypercom T7P Plus at no charge plus the Lowest Processing Program in the industry with no Monthly Fees:

1.69% for all Visa and MasterCard Swiped
2.15% for all Visa and MasterCard if you Key Enter
10 cents For All Transactions
35 cents per Transaction for Debit
2.75% for all Rewards and Corporate Cards
$13 Chargeback Fee (Only if you get a Chargeback)
5 cent AVS
$1.00 Voice Authorization (Only if you use it)
No Monthly Statement Fees
No Monthly Minimum Fees

You will receive your Terminal within 5-7 Business days and we'll also replace your Terminal every 3 years with a Newer Version at No Cost.

These are all the fees, there's No Monthly, Batch, Annual, or No Setup Fees. Plus there's no Contracts so you if you find a Processor better than our company you are free to leave with no cancellation fees.

* Very Important, right now as a Seasonal Business you must have a Retail Storefront, be able to do over $100,000 a year in V/MC sales, and your Average Ticket must be no higher than $100 to qualify for our Program. If you don't meet these requirements still let me know and I'll see what we can do.

Send me an email with a great telephone number to reach you this week and discuss this further. I look forward to speaking with you.

- Christine Vanhouser
Office Manager and Assistant
PP Bankcard Services and Systems
scammerbringiton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well I am not familiar with whats been quoted and I have not heard of this whats the actual name of the company? Any company however would not use gmail/plus a few things wrong with their charging.I mean chargebacks?? a chargeback is actually a transaction that you would deem to be incorrect or fraudulent etc and the bank or card company would process a chargeback via for eg visa on line and it is done electronically.I will find out further info and see what i can come up with.I deal with chargebacks and its usually the customer that would submit a complaint not the business.
scammerbringiton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lol what is a great phone number????? is that one that consists of a number greater than say 13!
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, chargebacks occur all the time. It's when a transaction is reversed for any reason, including fraud and anything else. That part makes perfect sense.

The company is called P.P. Bancard Services, which has no website and no postal address registered in the free world. There's no doubt that this is a scam, but I have no idea what the method is. Maybe I'll bait them and see what happens.

"great telephone number" Confused What if I only have a pretty good number?
SumYunGai
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some possibilities:

- Advance fee fraud for shipping, customs, etc. on the machine, startup fees, registration, etc. etc.
- They harvest the credit cards you swipe and either drain em or sell em to ID thieves.
- They intercept the money for the sales you make and disappear.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic