SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Why Netherlands?

View next topic
View previous topic

Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone looked up why the lotto scammers seem to prefer Netherlands as their staging country? I know one reason must be because very few marks would belive they won anything from "Lotto Nigeria", but any other ideas are welcome.

Maybe it's because just about anything is legal there, or because of that weird "save your money" guy on the commercials...
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, I don't notice it comes from the Netherlands that much, mine come from mostly Australia , US, UK, and Nigeria. Then they say it was "Internationally won".

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg

Last edited by Reaper on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its probably because lotto scams need more sophisticated forms and backup to pull off successfully.
European lads are better financed and have access the services required and the returns are quite high . There is a fairly large Nigerian community there too. Canada is another hotspot for lotto scams.

"No amount of semen donation will save this situation" Sanny Sanny
"We must disagree to agree" Raji Musa

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, you'll find that Amsterdam has a big scamming community. Some (but obviously not all) are expat Nigerian with some past 419 experience.

As windy says, the lotto lads have to be a bit more tech savvy, and the European based guys fit the bill in that respect. They have access to better templates, and more advanced help from their network of accomplices.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I find most of the lotto lads these days operate from the UK or sometimes Nigerians pretending they are in the UK. It seems that trends change over time and scammers move on a lot. Another example, it is traditional to think most NOK scammers are in Nigeria but the vast majority I come into contact with nowadays are in Burkina Faso.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x120 - 2017
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1031) Golden Pig
DuraLex
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What windipops said is right, there is a huge West African criminal network in Amsterdam. They are also trying to muscle into the drug traffic and real estate business, and present the first real challenge to the larely autochtonal criminal community there. They are growing pretty fast.

Many lotteries that claim to be in the Netherlands originate from Nigeria. It might be that the community in Amsterdam works with them, or supplies the with information or something.

Actually, the police in the Netherlands is very effecftive in shutting down their business. Since many are illegal immigrants it's easy to kick them out without a real trial for fraud, which as we know is hard to prove. If a nest of scammers is known to the Amsterdam police they might be subjected to an sudden 'identity control', as well as having their business investigated. Thusly, if you have found a hotspot of scamming activity (i.e. multiple scamming email adresses pointing to a café or bar), it might be worthwile to tip the police. Sending anonymous tips to the police is pretty common practise here.

As a Dutchman I don't really like seeing my country 'represented' in such a way, but it's only a question of time. I believe I've seen a trend towards other coutries lately.

"stupid job baiter. rot for hell demon scum"-Danny the Internet Hitman
"Listen to me mr , you have also insulted mr personalty and you have also misspelled mr name , am nor santana,santodo my name is prof charles soludo."
Visit the Duralex Internet Experience. Baits and tutorials go here.
Big thanks to JMRazor for the orange title!
FrumpyBB
Dean: Eater University

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That´s true what Duralex said...the question of time.
Actually seeing that there is an actual lad spot in Hamburg was new and a little shocking for me... (see mathias´ thread http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118307)
Because it is no more "only" Lagos, Accra, Johannesburg, but they are networking right into my own neighbourhood. Shocked
But I was glad to hear the Amsterdam police at least is effectively fighting against it

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
persephone
Voice of Reason

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a new fraud team in Amsterdam that is cleaning house. They get their orders directly from the District Attorney, so no use sending them information on your lads.

I believe the reason Amsterdam is so popular is the multi-national atmosphere. You can easily get around the city without speaking a word of Dutch, as long as you speak some English. It is close enough to Germany, Uk, Belgium, France, which is another plus. And hey, can't argue with taste! It is a cool city to live in!

There is also the pull machanism from having other scammers there. Since Amsterdam already has a large community of 419ers, it attracts other lads. They help each other getting into the country and arrange lodging and trave and documentation for them.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The lotto scammers are (were?) mainly in Spain. 99% of them.

However, there was a mass arrest of them about 18 months ago, I think it was about 300 of them.

Maybe they've moved to Amsterdam now.

From what I've heard, The Netherlands is proceeding in reducing its "tolerancy" policy - on all fronts. I hope the lads won't enjoy their stay there much longer.
UncleNed
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There was arrest of 115 lads in Amsterdam a few months ago (5 of them connected to one of my baits Very Happy ) so maybe it's a case of "People will hear that and then be more confident that dutch people are trustworthy"?

Do any of those scammers have dutch IPs?

"Your life is a monument to stupidity, I am breathless that anyone or anything in our universe can really be this stupid. You are a primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid you LITTLE SHIT !! " Raymond Hanz of Fnaz Kapitial (Now behind bars)

"YOU CAN CUT YOUR DIG AND EAT IT, YOU LOUSY FOOOOOOOL............" Sani Suleman Listen to him on the Radio (Starts at 19 minutes)
Tuco
Rant Collector

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

About 60% of the 419 letters I receive come from Amsterdam. Sometimes I receive 4 or 5 a day and other times I receive almost none for a few days. When it slows down I wonder if there has been a big raid.

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic