SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

To Catch an ID Thief

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was looking for a post on this but didn't see one. Was I the only person that watched this last night? Here is the web article if you missed the show. Basically it was a Dateline special where they were trying to find an Identity theft ring.

They tracked packages and found a few mules for goods. Every mule they found were dragged into it by love scams. They finally did track one of the people down, by baiting them, and met in a face to face with their "barrister". The barrister even tried an advance fee fraud on them in the face to face.

It was very good, would suggest to watch it when it airs again.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
SumYunGai
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a rerun; they first aired it back in April. It is incredibly informative, and puts a few faces on another aspect of the scam rings. These guys are dirtier than a city sewer inspector, and the fraud we bait is just the beginning. As you see in reading the above, they are also well-connected to identity thieves, and use scam victims (love scamming, check mules, etc) as ship mules.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17713446/ This link is for a related story they ran a few weeks ago, specifically on 419 scams. And how do you catch a scammer? You scam-bait! "Bill", if you're in this forum, would you raise your hand please and accept a grateful round of applause?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry I missed it. (both times)

Love victims seem to be very vunerable to receiving goods purchased with stolen cc's, for their "loves". Most merchants won't ship to Africa when it's a CC with a USA address attached to it.

It goes something like this:

"Darling, these people are discriminating against people in Africa. Please could you receive my new laptop etc. and mail it on to me?"

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can watch them streamed here

Part 1
http://www.identitytheftsecrets.com/to_catch_an_identity_thief.html

Part2
http://www.identitytheftsecrets.com/videos/dateline_nbcs_to_catch_an_id_thief_identity_theft.html

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Rodus, like I said before it is worth the watch. They showed both last night in a two hour special. They mentioned the 419 bait, they had done in a previous show, in it. Also there is an apparent update about some id thieves/scammers being arrested in New York, so good news all around.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen both shows before.
I couldn't help wondering, as they showed footage of internet cafes in Lagos. . . . is that MY mugu they just panned by? Laughing

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic