SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

eBay scam

View next topic
View previous topic

FiestyFred9zx
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently listed a few pieces of jewelry, including a 14K Gold Necklace, for sale on eBay. I received the following message:

Hello Seller,
I am captain Prunty Andrew. I am interested in this Chain and i want to buy it outrightly. For a quick sale, I will pay you $350.00 USD for Chain and $50.00 USD to ship it to my son. I was planning going on shopping physically but could not due to my work engagement. I am marine engineer and I work with an International shipping company. I will be paying with my paypal account.reply asap with your NAME and your paypal account or send me a paypal payment request directly from your paypal account so i can effect payment to you rightaway.
I await your reply
NB:Honestly, I donot know the actual worth of this Chain because,I'm always busy sailing. If my offer is not ok, Let me know so i can shoot up abit.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Prunty Andrew
[email protected]
+447045710933

I replied that I wanted to leave the item at auction to see where it went in value. He replied via e-mail:

Hello Dear,
Thanks for the mail.
I'm willing to increase my offer to $400 plus $50 for postage.
if you are willing to do this with me, just go to your my ebay, then go to my selling items, there you will find the end listing botton, hit the botton to end the auction automatically, once that is done, login to your paypal account, at the top of the paypal account home page, there you will find the request payment botton, hit the botton and send the payment request to my paypal account which is [email protected] or if you have problem doing this, just email me your paypal account id and I'll remit payment to you asap.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
Cpt. Prunty Andrew.

Captain: I think you have made a good offer, and I am willing to sell at the price specified in your e-mail below. The only question I have now is the destination address to verify shipping costs.

Hello Dear,
Thanks for accepting my offer.

My son's Address is

Engr. xxxxxxx Osagie Andrew.
xx Jimoh Adebiyi Street,
Off Joyce-b Rd, Ring Road,
Ibadan, Oyo State,
23402, NIGERIA.
MOBILE PHONE: (234)xxxxxxxxxx

He is presently an Electrical Engineer in one company called British America Tobbacco Company (B.A.T) overthere.

Kindly post the Item directly to him immediately via USPS GLOBAL EXPRESS MAIL with this note "A GIFT FROM YOUR DAD" written on the body of the package.

I'm ready to forward payment to you once I receive your payment request or just email me your paypal account id and I'll forward payment to you outrightly.

I want you to post the item to him right away.

Thanks and nice buying from you.
Cpt. Prunty Andrew.

I meant to ask you earlier if your PayPal account is verified.

Yes My paypal account is verified.
Thanks

Well, Captain, I have very bad news. The people at PayPal advise me to ship only to confirmed addresses. They also tell me that they currently are unable to confirm addresses in Nigeria. They tell me that there are unscrupulous people in this world that actually will receive goods as advertised, and claim that they received a box that didn't contain the goods they ordered. Then they file a complaint with PayPal, and PayPal returns their money. The seller looses the goods he shipped in good faith, and his account is debited for the amount of disputed purchase. The buyer has the seller's merchandise and got their money back too.

It's a shame that there are people like that, isn't it. But, I'm used to it. I am in the entertainment business, and do casting for large movie firms. You wouldn't believe the things that people with no real talent will do to get a high-paying role. Many individuals have the talent needed to do a good job acting, but even the untalented ones try to con me into giving them high-paying parts.

Anyway, I can't ship to Nigeria, and so advise you to not pay the money request. If you ever get to Nashville, Tennessee, give me a call and we can do business.

I can assure you that i'm not the type that do away with people's money.
If you actually had the intention to sell the item for me, just send me a payment request to [email protected] and I'll send payment to you immediately.

Well, OK It's good to know that you are not unscrupulous. How do I make that money request. I've never done that.

Alright.
just login to your paypal account, at the top of your paypal account home page you will find the request payment botton, hit the botton and send the payment request directly to my paypal account which is [email protected] otherwise if you have problem doing that, just email me your paypal account id so i can proceed with the payment.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Cpt. Prunty Andrew.

o.k. cAPTAIN, I WEnt to that my eBay account and I looked and looked and and I don't see that anywhere./ Are you playing a joke on me or something else, cause iff you are, it's not funny - I need to sell this necklace to pay for a hospital bill.

Hey,
I'm not in anyway joking.
I have sincerely sent payment to you.
kindly confirm to me if this is your paypal account [email protected] as that is the account i sent the payment to.

If the account is yours, kindly login to it to see if paypal did sent you the confirmation of the payment to you because I received the receipt of the payment from paypal stating that my payment to that account was successful and the money has been deducted from my account.

If that account is yours, as I have done my part, kindly go to the post office now and have the necklace post to my son and send the shipment confirmation details so paypal can confirm the shipment and credit the money to your account immediately.

I look forward to hearing from you soon with the shipment tracking number.
do post the item via usps global express mail.

Thanks and nice buying from you.

Regards
Cpt. Prunty Andrew.

Now captain, don't get your dander up here, I mean this is just another thing for me to worry about! I get all nervous and then I push the wrong button and stuff. I GET IT NOW! I need to look in my PayPal account. - hold on a minute and I'll look!

I'm back. I was wondering, are you a captain in the NAvy? Did you ever sing that song by the Village People? You know! It goes:

Where can you find pleasure, search the world for treasure,
learn science, technology?
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
on the land or on the sea?
Where can you learn to fly, play in sports or skindive,
study oceanography?
when your team and others meet.
In the Navy, yes, you can sail the seven seas.
In the Navy, yes, you can put your mind at ease.
In the Navy, come on now people, make a stand.
In the Navy, can't you see we need a hand.
In the Navy, come on, protect the motherland.
In the Navy, come on and join your fellow, man.
In the Navy, come on, people, and make a stand.
In the Navy, in the Navy.
They want you! They want you! They want you as a new recruit!
If you like adventure don't you wait to enter
the recruiting office fast.
Don't you hesitate, there is no need to wait;
they're signing up new seamen fast.
Maybe you are too young to join up today
but don't you worry 'bout the thing
for I'm sure there will be always the good Navy
protecting the land and sea.
In the Navy...
..But..but..but I'm afraid of water!
..hey..hey..look, men...
I get seasick even watching it on the TV!
They want You! - Oh my goodness!
They want you! - What am I gonna do in a submarine?
They want you! They want you!
In the Navy.
In the Navy... (fade out)
- Jacques Morali, Henri Belolo & Victor Willis

Anyway (I'm not sure about those guys that recorded that song, they kind of wiggle their tushes too much for my tastes. Do you guys sing that song?

Oh. I looked in my account, and I only had $7.68.

The good Captain sent his payment in, but I canceled the transaction and advised Paypal I would not ship because the destination was in Nigeria.

Here is what I discovered - information not made clear to PayPay users, and learned only if you call them and press for the answer: If you ship out of the United States, you are shipping to a non confirmed address. That is an address not "confirmed" by PayPal. If you do ship out of the US the following may happen. Buyer send payment to PayPal. Seller ships goods. Buyer receives goods and then enters a protest, saying he did not receive any goods, box was empty. Paypal will advise seller that a dispute is in progress and holds the money until dispute is resolved. Dispute will be resolved in favor of the buyer because you shipped to an out of US address. Zappo. Many eBay/Paypal users are not aware of this and get scammed.

By the way, I wouldn't advise anyone to use their PayPal account this way. I was really tempted to ship until I saw the Nigerian address. I started reading the security information on PayPay and finally called for clarification of their policy. Anybody out there have a bridge they want to sell?

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nicely handled, I thought. Congtatulations on your first effort.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Feisty Fred, the angles the try are unlimited. Not to mention they are nothing but scum. There are tons of stories about them trying to cheat childrens charities, the eldery, dying people, ect. If you are interested, start reading the stickies at the top of the forums. The Moderators can scare up some threads that will make you sick to read. Good job on spotting this scam they tried on you. Educate yourself and spread the word. Never give out any real info about yourself. If you want to try a go at baiting, sign up for a moderator. If it seems too good to be true, (Like a share of 80 million dollars, Rolling Eyes ), surely it is, always. Also, read some completed baits, Shiver me Timbers, our hallowed Admin and originator, has some hilarous baits and techniques to study and laugh your butt off.
And, Welcome,
Joe Tam.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic