SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

BBC & Fake winners...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=469334&in_page_id=1770

I'm a bad girl.

Years ago, I 'won' a prize from the company I worked for. I went to a certain place, entered a draw and knew I was gonna win.
My friend and I won a holiday to Majorca and had the best time of our life.
Apparantly, my comopany wanted winners that would look good on an advert.
Only now, later in life, I realise I was a bit of a pooh and took this 'prize' off someone who really did enter Embarassed

(In my own defence, no one paid to enter, it was a free draw)

Pretty Rose

pony

Last edited by it wasn't me on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
spot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The thing about the BBC (and other TV phone-in competitions) is they are not free.

I think this is the start of a whole can of worms relating to a whole host of phone to win competitions .... and even phone to vote a winner/looser.

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need to alter the title to this thread. The prizes weren't fake, the 'winners' were.

And there's me thinking that under noraml competition rules employees were banned from entering competitions, unless they were in house. I want my license fee back. Heads should roll. Crying or Very sad

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a branch manager of a well known bookshop/stationers chain in NZ I was told by my twattish area manager to rig a prize draw by taping the 'winning' entry to the inside lid of the cardboard box the entries were stored in - he didn't want someone to win cash as a prize (they could name their prize up to a certain value) as that would be less newsworthy than a new bike/parachuting etc etc.
Oops - I mucked up and drew a real winner Very Happy trouble is she wanted cash and was rather snippy when we didn't have it to hand. She doesn't know how lucky she was!
I quit a few months later. The area manager is still a twat..

Purple Flower
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ You know, I guess it is just me, but if I didn't want to give out cash as a prize, I wouldn't offer it. Like I said that is just me I guess.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
You need to alter the title to this thread. The prizes weren't fake, the 'winners' were. Done

And there's me thinking that under noraml competition rules employees were banned from entering competitions, unless they were in house. I want my license fee back. Heads should roll. Crying or Very sad

When I 'won' my prize, I had to assure everyone involved that I would never reveal that I worked for the company. The entry tickets did have a paragraph stating that if you woked or were associated with the company then you couldn't enter, but I didn't enter with a ticket...

Pretty Rose

pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic