SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

American Scammers?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tobias
Not quite a Newb

Location: At the Nevernude convention, attending the seminar on chafing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What are your thoughts on American romance scammers? From what I understand, they are smarter and don't use scripts, so we could definitely get good pictures. Is it simply too hard to do?

419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The trouble with American scammers is differentiating them from the usual pile of desperate and dateless Walter Mitty characters. I can spot vlads because of the rigid scripts they use. I can spot Africans because they're implausible and crap. How do you tell if an American is a scammer though? If they're good, you could chat to them for a couple of months and be none the wiser before they make their move for the cash.

Also most people posing as "Americans" on dating sites will frequently turn out to be from another country and using a fake pic when you start chatting to them. Some of the smarter African scammers have realized that posing as supermodel in Ghana is not a good backstory and pretend to be a girl-next-door type from New York; very badly, of course.

As for getting trophy pics, the main thing is to find a scammer who uses photos of themselves or someone close to them rather than just ones they've nicked off an internet site. That's not the practice of a smart scammer though; they'll do everything they can to cover their trail. The ones you can get trophies out of are generally just wannabes.

"I could not understand a word scatologist. You could explain me it. I think that it is connected with public health services?" - Elena (4), Russia
"Why are they always called Elena?" - HB, UK
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

where did you find an american romance scammer?
like said above....you need to make sure where they really are!

I haven't seen many bonafide american romance scammers.

unlike mari el and west africa....prosecution is possibe!

fwiw....every time somebody new to the scammer world claims to have an 'american' romance scammer....(or french, british, aussie...etc) they usually don't know enough to understand where the scammer really is.

where is the money supposed to be sent to?

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Tasman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To me it sounds like a lot of work for little gain. These are isolated people who probably own their own computer and are hard to detect.

Take on a lad and waste his time on say ITV5, he is tied up and so is the computer so another lad can't scam.

If you are SURE you have one, then hell why not. In the meantime hook up with an Elena and start reding script!

"What you can tell me now? Maybe Russian Mafia, Godzilla, Hitler, third World War
prevented you make a transfer?"
"You are not bigger than Almighty God.If You were created by God, then i command the charm you are using to fail.IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. REKE MAMA LAKKAKULIMAKA." Barrister Aby
"fock yuuuuuuu" - Kevin Ezeh
"i hope u r real..bcos u r sounding like a joker now" - Day0
"If you have nothing to say or do, go f**k yourself." N4na

Ivory Coast
United States <- Fake dog adoption site

pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Dancing Banana

Mortar x20
Tobias
Not quite a Newb

Location: At the Nevernude convention, attending the seminar on chafing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I always check the list of people identified by dotsilver.com as scammers on LoveCompass. Most of the scammers listed as living in America have the grammatical conventions of Nigerians or Russians, but every once in a while, I have gotten genuine American scammers (as shown by the email header). The baits don't last long, though, so I just went back to the Russians.

419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lots of Russian scammers, and a few Africans, spoof their address by using a proxy in the states, so don't treat the IP address in the headers as conclusive proof. Similarly, a lot of US phone numbers are redirections to elsewhere. Even bank accounts and postal addresses can be ones of scam victims that are used for forwarding purposes.

Still, I'm sure there there are a few scammers who really are in the states. However, they're a much trickier proposition to identify and bait than their better known overseas counterparts.

"I could not understand a word scatologist. You could explain me it. I think that it is connected with public health services?" - Elena (4), Russia
"Why are they always called Elena?" - HB, UK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic