SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

SERIOUS Q - Has 419eater lost it's standard of decorum?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think one of the problems is that some people think it's "all blokes together" forgetting that a large number of us are female. I'm not a prude, I can use 'f' and 'c' words, but the point is that this is not a boys only club.
Respect for others.

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
Mind Freak
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
^^^Could only be bothered to read few a couple of threads....Apart from being the most boring place on earth....?

Laughing You were too late - all the juicy stuff was deleted before you got there; but it's a daily thing and I think the MOD is about to give up on cleaning house. Rolling Eyes

Whether you are Moslem, Jewish, Christian, or any of thousands of other beliefs, or simply a Being without any religious standing, the Laws of Morality and the Scriptural Laws only applies when you are dealing with people that live by those laws! Wink http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877

In the spirit of [oss] Col. Hogan's credo, "You'll assist fellow victims, cooperate with all friendly forces, and use every means to harass and injure the enemy's operations." [the cia didn't tell me to say that and hls didn't either; guess who did]
Jimmy Jazz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I joined this site, one of the first things that struck me was how well moderated it was. The very large proportion of threads were crap-free, and you knew that if you stepped out of line your post would be "amended", a thread would be locked, etc etc. This remains the case, and is a very big positive for this site, yet the humour remains. So well done Mods.

My history on Internet forums is predominantly sports based, where a group of (mainly male) juvenile delinquents who should know better get argumentative, throw tantrums, swear like troopers and generally behave like idiots. Yeah, it can be fun, but it's hardly productive.

If I behaved on this site like I do in other forums, I wouldn't last long, but I decided to join up anyway - and pull my head in. Why? Well, for starters it was out of respect for those that had spent hours - actually, for "hours" read "years" - of their time attempting to rid the world of vermin.

This site is not your average "time waster" type site - without wanting to sound a little OTT, I believe the majority who sign up here do so almost as a community service.

Hence the reason I have never visited the PWT thread. If that's your cup of tea, go for it, but it doesn't interest me. This site has a major point of difference to most other sites - the opportunity to have a bit of fun but at the same time, trying to do some good. And on the whole it has been very well orchestrated and maintained a very high standard for the (albeit limited) time that I have been a member.

Even though I am in my late 30's and really should know better, I waste my time in other forums! Laughing

I like you because I can sense some kind of strictness in you which reassures me that you are a straigth forward person - M@mudu U5m@n

"I must tell you that you must be one of these internet bugs parasites" - An ongoing lad.

ASSHOL, EAT YOUR DEFICATE., USELESS SOON OF BITCH, POLICT TOILET AND A MISSRABLE ONDIGAR BORN TO BE FAUSTRATED FOR LIFE THAT IS WHAT YOUR ARE.OK - Barrister D0ugla5 Clarl3

pony Closed lad accounts x 4
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
I do believe alot of the threads in the main scambaiting forum could be counted as offensive.

True. There are always some threads containing what the censors (perish the thought!) would label as Adult Themes, Drug Use or Sexual References. However those threads are generally developing baits and there is some indication where things are heading from the very outset or as the lads are led down their merry (or in the case of YW, BW, JJB's mega-safaris not so merry) paths. So we can avoid causing or taking unnecessary offense.

But we shouldn't be reading a thread in General Chat about knitting or how to install Linux and suddenly find ourselves in the locker room.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
Mind Freak
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very well said Jimmy Jazz! <---A scambaiter after my own heart! bow_down

I believe that most people on here feel the same way as us. clapping

Whether you are Moslem, Jewish, Christian, or any of thousands of other beliefs, or simply a Being without any religious standing, the Laws of Morality and the Scriptural Laws only applies when you are dealing with people that live by those laws! Wink http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877

In the spirit of [oss] Col. Hogan's credo, "You'll assist fellow victims, cooperate with all friendly forces, and use every means to harass and injure the enemy's operations." [the cia didn't tell me to say that and hls didn't either; guess who did]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic