SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

IP adress in Yahoo mail headers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
tchoupi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everyone,

I have a little technical question for the experts around here.

There is this website, www.ip2location.com, that you probably know and that gives geographical informations based on IP adresses.

So I've tried to use it to find out where some of my favorite scammers are hidden (at least the country), but it often turns out that they are all located on the US west coast. Though I think that most of them are located in eastern Europe.

Is this because the IP adress given by the Yahoo! Mail headers does not give any reliable information about the sender's IP adress ?

Thanks very much for your time !
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most Russian/Ukrainian scammers hide their IP address behind a proxy to make them harder to track down by the local police. So, when you look it up, the address you get is for the proxy rather than the scammer. If you see a program called The Bat! mentioned in the headers as well, that's a sure sign that you've got a vlad.

On the other hand, if you get one that actually resolves to a place in Eastern Europe, chances are that you've found a small scale operation. That's usually good news as they're less experienced and more easily led.

"I could not understand a word scatologist. You could explain me it. I think that it is connected with public health services?" - Elena (4), Russia
"Why are they always called Elena?" - HB, UK
tchoupi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, thanks for these informations !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic