SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

I've been dumped! Waahhh!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sheesh! What does that say about my love life when even the scammers aren't interested anymore?

So, I went from over 100 hot male-model type babes, just slobbering over me with desire, to nothing in less than a week. I responded to about a dozen over all but something tells me that all of them were part of one group that has shared my responses. Sorry guys, I suck at baiting.

Before I did much reading here, I totally pissed one off and informed a couple others that I knew exactly what they were up to. My profile says as much. Maybe someone's finally taken the time to read it. It sure looks to me like they've shared that information with the others that I was just getting a dialog rolling with, or maybe the 'others' are just all one guy.

Anyway, today I'm off to create a new me, with new email and YIM account too. I was awfully grumpy when I first got hit with all the scams. My dear old dog I'd had for 17 years had just died. Sad My new account will be very simple, naive and passive. I think I'll even dedicate the MySpace page to my old friend Buddy. Wink

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We warned you they're real criminals, no heart for hearts Wink
Have fun, Bait safe

Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Old Baglady. Though it takes some time, I check the IPs to make sure the love scammers I choose are in different locations. I can run the same bait with each one which makes things much easier. It takes patience to keep them on the line. I found straight baiting works best in the beginning then you can have more fun after they are hooked. I've been baiting the current batch for about 3 months.

Regardless of the outcome, it's probably best not to reveal that you know they are scammers.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Crying or Very sad

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to worry, there are plenty more fish in the sea. Smile

Lads generally don't collude with each other much, although you will get small groups of them working the same scam with many different identities. So, it's possible if you see two very similar approaches that there'll be the same lad at the other end. If in doubt, try to get them to e-mail you and look at the headers. I can't say it's happened to me very often though.

Also, don't be surprised if some of them come back to you eventually. A lot of lads have very short memories and will have forgotten that you gave them a hard time in a week or so. There are even ones that I've burned or blown out with ridiculous trophy requests that have come back for another round of pain and frustration after an accidentally sent e-mail or a chance encounter on IM.

"I could not understand a word scatologist. You could explain me it. I think that it is connected with public health services?" - Elena (4), Russia
"Why are they always called Elena?" - HB, UK
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys for the encouragement. You are so good, I bow to you.

And guess what? I am chatting with one of the 'lads' right now. Maybe I gave up too soon. This is fun.

Right now he's trying to make absolutely sure I'm single, lonely and have money from the gist of his conversation.

Oh, I hope I did all right with this. It's all a bunch of BS; nothing I said was true. I'm going to do like someone else suggested here and make a folder just for this guy. That way I can keep all my lies straight. This is harder than I thought it would be.

Here's the conversation if anyone is willing to critique:

christianmario50: Hello,Good Evening and hopw are you doing hope you are okay.well i want to know when you will be able to come online.Thanks
Cathy: Hi Christian. I am online now but am helping my mother, in her shop. I will be off and on.
christianmario50: Hey
christianmario50: How are you
christianmario50: I am happy to see you online
Cathy: I am fine, thank you. How are you?
christianmario50: I am fine
christianmario50: my name is Christian and you ?
Cathy: My real name is Cathy but everyone calls me Pink. That is my favorite color.
christianmario50: That is lovely name Cathy
christianmario50: Nice meeting yopu Cathy
christianmario50: what are up today ?
Cathy: nice meeting you too. I am helping my mother. What about you?
christianmario50: ok
christianmario50: I am doing notting now just talking to you
christianmario50: i am new to myspace and you will be the first person i will talk to
Cathy: My mother is very sick. She has leukemia. I am new to MySpace but I have been on Yahoo for a very long time. I chat a lot.
christianmario50: Did you read everything about me and i want to know if you get the message i sent to you about me
christianmario50: ok that is okay by me and i want to know if you are single
Cathy: yes, I am single. I have been divorced for 10 years. I had a bf but we broke up.
christianmario50: ok
christianmario50: i am widowed and i am looking for good relationship
christianmario50: are you dating or having any good relationshuip with anyone at the moment ?
Cathy: Yes, I remember you said that in your profile. No, I am not dating anyone at all. It is very hard taking care of my mother. My last boyfriend did not want to share my time.
Christian Mario: I love to meet the right person and also care for her
Christian Mario: how is your mother
Cathy: Not too well, I'm afraid. She probably won't be with me much longer
Christian Mario: why
Christian Mario: you dont need to be afraid
Christian Mario: she will always be there for you
Christian Mario: too bad i lost my parents
Christian Mario: i am lonely and single
Christian Mario: i want a partnership in my life
Cathy: She is 80 years old and has cancer. It is very hard for her.
Christian Mario: really
Christian Mario: she should soory
Christian Mario: she is very old
Cathy: yes.
Christian Mario: ok
Christian Mario: what do you dio for a living ?
Cathy: My daddy is already gone. He died of cancer last year. He smoked too much. Mom never smoked but I think she got Daddy's smoke. Right now I take care of my mother. She owns a business. I will take over when she is gone, but I manage it now.
Cathy: What do you do?
Christian Mario: what type of business
Christian Mario: i also owned mine own business
Cathy: A gift store. What kind of business do you own?
Christian Mario: i am involved in buying and selling of any electronics goods
Christian Mario: that is nice
Cathy: we have some MP3 players here.
Cathy: I buy them from the Chinese.
Christian Mario: really
Christian Mario: like how many do you have
Christian Mario: i do buy and sell all these too
Cathy: yes, do you sell MP3 Players? I have about 50 in stock, but I sell them for around $100 each.
Christian Mario: yes i do sell
Christian Mario: i sell mine for $70,$58 and $90
Christian Mario: I have the one that is connected with webcam,phone accesseries
Cathy: I need to buy more next month for the Christmas season. The Chinese want me to buy $1,000 of them but they only charge me $23 each.
Christian Mario: that is expensive
Christian Mario: ok that is okay
Cathy: not $1000 but 1,000 units. I must pay $23,000.00 to buy them.
Christian Mario: i can still charge you less
Christian Mario: okay
Christian Mario: okay
Christian Mario: are you alone now or you are with your mother ?
Christian Mario: I like to expose my work so that i get more customers round the worl
Christian Mario: world
BUZZ!!!
BUZZ!!!
BUZZ!!!
Christian Mario: are you gone
Christian Mario: i will have to go now if you dont want to talk
BUZZ!!!
Christian Mario: you there
Cathy: Sorry, I had to go take care of my mother.
Christian Mario: I am still here
Cathy: It is time for her medications. I must get things ready for her. Will you be here in about 30 minutes?
Christian Mario: nope
Christian Mario: can we talk better tommorow or tonite
Christian Mario: what time will you be online tommrow and can i have your phone number
Cathy: Oh, well maybe later then. Where are you located? I don't use the phone much. I can chat later tonight.
Christian Mario: I am from NY
Christian Mario: but io am in Poland now for business trip
Christian Mario: will you call me
Cathy: No. Long distance is very expensive. Anyway, I have to keep my phone open for emergencies with my mother, you understand.
Christian Mario: can i have your phone number
Cathy: I am not able to talk on the phone often, it would be better if we could just chat on IM.
Christian Mario: cwhat time will you be online tommrow morning ?
Christian Mario: we will have to talk beter tommrow .take care of yourself
Cathy: I get up at 6:00 AM here to take care of mother. I am usually online by then. The computer is near her bedside. I tell her about my friends to take her mind off the pain.
Christian Mario: we will talk better tommrow
Christian Mario: take care
Christian Mario: have a nice day
Cathy: ok, you have a nice night.

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Geez this guy is a hustler. He haunts me online day and night. My mother has taken a turn for the worse. His MP3 players are cheaper than the Chinese but I'm already under contract with the Chinese with 50% down and the other 50% COD, to arrive in 2 weeks. I've asked him if he'd like to invest in mine. I don't need 1,000 players so I can happily split with him.

None of the above is true. My mother is actually quite well and not happy that I'm knowingly scamming someone (she believes the poor man could be innocent and truly in love with me) or killing her off slowly in my vivid imagination.

Question: Is what I'm doing illegal? I really have researched MP3 players and gotten a bid from a Chinese company and quoted the scammer actual pricing. I figured to get him to send me a cashier's check for whatever I can get from him and have my friend at the bank I used to work for check on it's validity. I expect a bogus check at best but it shouldn't cost me anything to find out. There's no way these guys could or would come up with real money is there? I'm getting a little nervous about this.

pony

Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads have been known to send baiters small amounts of money on occasions, but this practice - known as cash baiting - could potentially get you into a lot of trouble with the law and is seriously frowned upon here.

Getting your lad to send you a check is OK though, provided you have no intention of cashing it. It's probably fake, although occasionally people have turned up real checks that the scammers managed to con out of other victims. Also, don't give a lad your real address; you never know where he may have friends.

"I could not understand a word scatologist. You could explain me it. I think that it is connected with public health services?" - Elena (4), Russia
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I'm not talking a small amount. 500 MP3 players would be around $12,000 with shipping. I've led the lad to believe that I've already paid that much for 1,000 units and that I'm needing cash for the COD balance. At any rate, I don't have money to send to him because of all this, when he gets around to asking.

Right now in conversation he seems intent on meeting me somewhere. Supposedly he's in Poland on a business trip at the moment, but home based in New York. He says he's American (yeah, right). I've offered to meet him in New York, he's evasive. I offered to meet him in Paris, he's evasive, I offered San Francisco and still no. I gave him a location in Salt Lake City, where I supposedly live and he said he'd see me there tomorrow and that he had a present for me, an MP3 player!! WTF???

I have a post office box. Would never use my real name and addy.

pony

Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't see a lad actually paying $12,000 by any valid means, so you can be pretty sure he'll be trying to work some scam or other. Watch out if he offers to pay by any means other than check though.

As for the meeting, he's probably not going to turn up. I expect he'll try to call your bluff on it though, and say that he was there and you weren't. If you arrange meetings in future, you could always go for somewhere where there's a public webcam. If he turns up, we can then sit back and watch the show.

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let me tell you all a story. About a year ago I was baiting a romance lad and "she" asked me for money. I was asked to put the money into a "roommate's" account as "she" didn't have a bank account. I did some digging and managed to find the "friend's" real details (She had an unusual name so it wasn't too hard to track her down. There was only one person with that name in the entire area). I contacted her and found out it wasn't a friend at all. She was a victim that the lad was scamming as a male persona. The plan was for me to send the victim the money, then she would take it out of the account and WU it to the lad after being told it was a payment for a job he'd done. If I were a real victim and found out I'd been conned, who do you think would be the one arrested for using her bank account details as part of the scam even though she was an innocent victim? This is why cash baiting is frowned upon. In all probability the cash is coming from someone else and not the lad.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, thanks for the info guys. I promise I'll be very careful.

This is my plan:

If he wants to go in halves with my phony purchase, I intended to ask for a cashier's check for $12,000. I can show him my 'order', manufacturer's correspondence, faked invoice, shipping & customs charges and even a copy of a cashier's check for my half of the shipment costs, which will be a bit more than $12,000, which means he'd be expecting 500 MP3 players to be shipped to an address that he'll hopefully provide me.

He is representing himself as an electronics dealer, buying and selling ambiguous electronics. I actually have experience dealing with the same Chinese company that manufactures MP3 players for resale in Wal-Mart stores, so I know no dealer can beat these prices - and they are actual prices. Wal-Mart pays $23 UDS per unit for an off brand 1GB player set.

So basically, I'm scamming the scammer big time, just like the scammers have gone after thousands of hard working people. The only difference is, that if the guy ever did send me a cashier's check, I'd expect ID and confirmed delivery address to go along with it or there's no deal. If the check were forged or funds could not be verified, again no deal. In either of those circumstances I intend to notify authorities.

If, God forbid, a valid check turned up, then my only recourse would be to get with the Chinese and deal to get the players, I suppose. No matter what, the lad will be told it could take up to 6 weeks for the players to be built, branded and shipped. That's the reason for my urgency in pressing him for this scam now. Supposedly I need to get my merchandise lined up by the end of August to start my Christmas advertising campaign.

Meanwhile, I think the way this will go is that he's going to offer to meet or beat the Chinese price on the players, which I know is not possible. He's a broker (in his imagination scam world) not a manufacturer. But still he'll try to get money out of me, I'm sure.

As for meeting him, yeah the logistics are prohibitive in the 24 hour time frame he set. (Oh, that reminds me of another thing I've been having a few giggles over; if I use big words, his language translator gets confused. I struggle to keep things simple whenever I need more than an ok out of him.) I'll see what I can find for public web cams to set up a meeting place. Of course I'm not going to show up, but I can play the same "I was there, didn't you see me?" too. Remember, according to the pics he's sent me, I'd be looking for a blond Caucasian model-type.

How do these guys reconcile themselves with the phony pictures they start out with?

pony

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic