SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

So if paypal is so shady....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kibble
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm trying to sell my bike online and have been reading up on all the shady pay pal posts. This kind of scares me but what other options do I have as a seller. I certainly dont want to accept cashiers cheques and money orders. Any ideas..?
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sell it locally. Take cash.

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
kibble
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm working on this but i figured i could potentially get more money with a larger audience. have most of you guys given up on the ebay/paypal method? BTW, it is a high dollar item so i'm sure it will attract a lot of scammers.

One more thing, is the pay pal seller protection system trustworthy?

Unneeded quote removed. Luther's post is right above yours. TS
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps insist upon a bankwire money transfer. This way it's traceable and potentially reversible. In any case if you're the seller just don't give them the goods until you see the payment come through, generally the buyer takes a greater risk in these situations.

TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it is of any help, Shiver waited for my paypal payment to clear before he even thought of sending me something. Smile

So you can do legitimate business with paypal you just have to be careful.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
guymannemisis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would not advise doing a bank wire transfer without taking precautions. You would have to set up a "deposit only" bank account. You really do not want your real life bank account details out there. I say this because as a company we used to accept wire transfers until we discovered that scammers were asking for the bank details and trying to rip us off. It wouldn't cost much to set up a deposit account - and that way you know that nobody can withdraw any money.
Just my 2 cents worth.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic