SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The post for discussing Psychics, Ghosts & Paranormal BS

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dgloryhole wrote:
if we really found out what happens after death

For the moment I'd be happy if we found a working spellchecker. I don't mind being eaten by worms later but having to guess my way through barely readable text before that annoys me.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If there's life after death it's going to be a huge affirmation/surprise depending on your point of view. If there's only oblivion we're not going to be aware of it anyway. Win:Win really Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did a search but nothing came up and as this does seem to be a skeptic thread.

In Australia tonight they are airing "The Great Global Warming Swindle"
I gather it was viewed in the UK before. How was it accepted.
The round table discussion is rather interesting.

** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Methinks you will find that better handled as a separate thread. Discussions go for multiple pages with references on sites that discuss it.

Me?

I do not like breathing smog.

--J.D.

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right. Missed this.

dgloryhole wrote:
yes-we cant explain but someday we will know what happens after death-

Actually, in a way we do. A true lack of consciousness--being knocked out, a coma of any duration from any cause--gives you the answer.

People in that state--without cortical function secondary to drugs, trauma, Celine Dion--experience . . .

. . .

. . .

. . . nothing.

This is why those who recover from a coma--a true coma, not the "Hollywood" or "media coma"--do not recall the passage of time. Anyone who has suffered a loss of consciousness loses the time. This is why people always answer the question, "Did you lose consciousness?" with "No." When questioned, it becomes clear the person is missing detail:

"I remember driving my car . . . I remember being on the ground with people talking to me."

Death is merely a continuation of this state or as others have noted, exactly what you experiences all of those millions of years before you were born.

Quote:
if we really found out what happens after death this world and its inhabitants views would change beyond anything we could imagine

Not really. Humanity has absorbed far more interesting and frightening concepts than that.

--J.D.

Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

harrya wrote:
"The Great Global Warming Swindle"

Yes, Doctor X is right - please start a separate thread if you want to discuss that. This thread is about bogus science, as opposed to disputed science.

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What happens after my death will be the exact same thing as what happened before my birth, I don't expect anything else. So if you (whether you believe in an eternal soul or not doesn't make a difference) want to know what "after death" is like try to remember "before birth". Wink

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could not say that better myself.

--J.D.

luckey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you zoom out a little from our concept of life, in a way, we are all immortal. Every atom in your body is as old as the universe.

Unless someone repeals the law of conservation of mass/matter, the stuff you are made of is eternal; you have always been, you will aways be.

Consciousness is a different question.

Fer-de-Lance
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is actually something we can all do, and it is not after death, nor before birth. It's called living, and how you lead your life will affect your next. If there is a next. Some people claim to have a past life.

Oh da*n! I've stepped out on a limb. Again. Shocked Seppuku time... not!

"It's ok to withhold judgement until the evidence is in." -Carl Sagan

FDL

Imagination is more important than knowledge - sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton

Dont joke with us, right here we are not joking kindly stop joking - C0l3 V4n H44ns
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you wish to commit seppuku, I am happy to be your kaishaku. . . .

--J.D.

Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fer-de-Lance wrote:
Some people claim to have a past life.

Some people swear there's bugs running over their skin even if noone else can see them. Usually we refer to these people as mentally ill instead of "invisible bugs will be proven in the future, we will develop means to see them", "suspend your judgement until the evidence is in" or "maybe just not everyone can feel the invisible bugs' energy".

Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ reaper

When citing sources.....please cite them properly - - seeing as how we are discussing matters of the brain, it would be best to cite in APA 5th edition style....therefore your:

"The skeptics Dictionary"
Address: http://skepdic.com/dejavu.html
Accessed: 12, July, 2007
Author: Robert Todd Carroll

Would result in minus 3 points in a paper for my class. The proper way to cite that is:

Carroll, R. T. (2007). The skeptics dictionary. Retrieved on July 12, 2007, from http://skepdic.com/dejavu.html.

Please cite properly from now on, or it is still plagiarism in my classroom!

(Some of my friends wonder why I have such a horrible rating on http://www.ratemyprofessors.com Laughing )

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am so glad I never had you for a professor Eliza. English has always been my Achilles heel.

Back on topic though, there are no ghosts around, but it is funny to watch these "ghost hunters" scare themselves.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
mugu_cultist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:
Some people swear there's bugs running over their skin even if noone else can see them. Usually we refer to these people as mentally ill instead of "invisible bugs will be proven in the future, we will develop means to see them", "suspend your judgement until the evidence is in" or "maybe just not everyone can feel the invisible bugs' energy".

I just asked and the bugs on my skin say you're wrong (Bugs on MC's skin, personal communication, July 12, 2007).

Insolent little twerps!

"i really felt pity on the girl you marry. your pennis is like a cow." -- adams mensah

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Eliza

Funny, in a discussion on comparative mythology on ANOTHER BOARD [Boo. Hiss.--Ed.] some became very upset that I cited references.

"Can't you think of things yourself!!!"

Sorry, but I did not invent Assyriology. . . .

--J.D.

callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reaper wrote:
I seem to feel a lot of deja vu's

I get a lot of deja moo feelings at work. Same old bullsh*t....

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doctor X wrote:
... I did not invent Assyriology. ...

But I have a Master's degree in it. Really! Very Happy

My thesis was on the Sumerian Ninurta Hymn SLTNi 62.

Oh yes, their fortune telling was bullshit too.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got around to reading the rest of this (after reaper's post) and it is quite interesting.

Dr X - I LOVE your posts!!! I wish you could come over here and have coffee. We could have a great discussion. I'm right there with you.

I'm doing a research project right now on comparative psych. But it's not my major field of study.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Eliza

--J.D.

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get a room Rolling Eyes

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Dr X has been listening to a few too many of Amy's conversations and he loves that southern drawl of yours Eliza.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing , @Eliza, yeah I think thats how I'm supposed to write it out according to my yearbook which has all the school polices on plagiarism, and all that other stuff.

Anyway back to paranormal things what about Medium, Alison Duboise (spl?)
Obviously the Tv show is BS, but what about the real Alison helping the police? Good guesswork or actual psychic abilities?

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So get this - - My friend went to do laundry today - and the psychic shows up at the place where she does laundry. She asked about ME! My friend said she didn't give her any information because she remembered what I said about the lady maybe listening us talk while we were sitting on the bench. Then she said this other woman came in and started talking to her and wanted to get to know her - then she saw the psychic come back in and start talking to the lady - and my friend said - Oh you know her? Is she your daughter? The psychic said "No" and the other woman said "yes"

So my friend says she had talked a bit with the daughter - not knowing she was the daughter of the psychic - so now she thinks her daughter will say some things she learned from talking to her - and then try to get her in for a reading. LOL

My friend said the psychic says she's a bit worried about me as she has a strong feeling I've been talking to people about what she said and that this is going to keep me from getting the help that I need to rid the negative energy. LOL I guess she IS psychic after all - she knows about you guys!!

<br>

Mortar x12
Golden Pith
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does she know my IP? Shocked

I'm scared now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic