SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Harry Potter - BOOK 7 SPOILERS OK (WARNING!!!!)

View next topic
View previous topic

Rintastic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No analysis yet...I've only just finished it. As in, I closed the book, set it down and logged in.

I'm kind of mad I was wrong about my only two major theories:

Harry WAS the Horcrux (sorry guys Smile)

and McGonagall wasn't a Death Eater (shame, really-could've been neat)

But Holy Effing Sheep on a Stick.

:tears: it's over.

Click here to support 419Eater.com

Musicians and people who like musicians: We've started a forum for the exchange of ideas and sounds for bands around the world! Come check us out at www.oblivioninc.com!
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I felt a bit sad once I had finished it too. I do hope that JK Rowling does something more with this world she's created. However, whatever she writes in the future (whether or not it's in the HP world) will be incredibly difficult for her to live up to these standards.

Rintastic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh! And thanks to my darling SO, from the article here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/

Quote:
We know that Harry marries Ginny and has three kids, essentially, as Rowling explains, creating the family and the peace and calm he never had as a child.

As for his occupation, Harry, along with Ron, is working at the Auror Department at the Ministry of Magic. After all these years, Harry is now the department head.

“Harry and Ron utterly revolutionized the Auror Department,” Rowling said. “They are now the experts. It doesn’t matter how old they are or what else they’ve done.”

Meanwhile, Hermione, Ron’s wife, is “pretty high up” in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, despite laughing at the idea of becoming a lawyer in “Deathly Hallows.”

“I would imagine that her brainpower and her knowledge of how the Dark Arts operate would really give her a sound grounding,” Rowling said.

Harry, Ron and Hermione don’t join the same Ministry of Magic they had been at odds with for years; they revolutionize it and the ministry evolves into a “really good place to be.”

“They made a new world,” Rowling said.

The wizarding naturalist
Luna Lovegood, the eccentric Ravenclaw who was fascinated with Crumple-Horned Snorkacks and Umgubular Slashkilters, continues to march to the beat of her own drum.

“I think that Luna is now traveling the world looking for various mad creatures,” Rowling said. “She’s a naturalist, whatever the wizarding equivalent of that is.”

Luna comes to see the truth about her father, eventually acknowledging there are some creatures that don’t exist.

“But I do think that she’s so open-minded and just an incredible person that she probably would be uncovering things that no one’s ever seen before,” Rowling said.

Luna and Neville Longbottom?
It’s possible Luna has also found love with another member of the D.A.

When she was first asked about the possibility of Luna hooking up with Neville Longbottom several years ago, Rowling’s response was “Definitely not.” But as time passed and she watched her characters mature, Rowling started to “feel a bit of a pull” between the unlikely pair.

Ultimately, Rowling left the question of their relationship open at the end of the book because doing otherwise “felt too neat.”

Mr. and Mrs. Longbottom: “The damage is done.”

There is no chance, however, that Neville’s parents, who were tortured into madness by Bellatrix Lestrange, ever left St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies.

“I know people really wanted some hope for that, and I can quite see why because, in a way, what happens to Neville’s parents is even worse than what happened to Harry’s parents,” Rowling said. “The damage that is done, in some cases with very dark magic, is done permanently.”
Photos by Andrew Kandel for TODAYshow.com

Rowling said Neville finds happiness in his grandmother’s acceptance of him as a gifted wizard and as the new herbology professor at Hogwarts.

The fate of Hogwarts
Nineteen years after the Battle of Hogwarts, the school for witchcraft and wizardry is led by an entirely new headmaster (“McGonagall was really getting on a bit”) as well as a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. That position is now as safe as the other teaching posts at Hogwarts, since Voldemort’s death broke the jinx that kept a Defense Against the Dark Arts professor from remaining for more than a year.

While Rowling didn’t clarify whether Harry, Ron and Hermione ever return to school to finish their seventh year, she did say she could see Harry popping up every now and again to give the “odd talk” on Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Yay!

Musicians and people who like musicians: We've started a forum for the exchange of ideas and sounds for bands around the world! Come check us out at www.oblivioninc.com!
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow thanks for the link and story. That's really interesting. I figured Harry would end up as an Auror. It's interesting how she says the last chapter makes it feel like you're looking at it through a haze, as that's exactly how it was pictured in my head.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/

Rintastic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm at work, so I don't have my book to reference, but I do have a question:

In the epilogue, do they say that Teddy Lupin is ON the Hogwarts Express? If so, what is he doing there, as he should be 19 years old!

Please oh please tell me that JK didn't make that kind of oversight! Smile

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Relax, he's there to see Victoire off.

It arrived on Tuesday and I finished it yesterday waiting for the carpet fitters to arrive. Just got the computer back together again.

The two memory sequences at the end slowed the action down a bit too far, but tied the loose ends up nicely. It's a shame she couldn't have worked them into the story earlier on, but that would have reduced the suspense at the end.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The last three posts in this thread were removed.
Back on topic, please.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive read all the harry potter books.

I enjoyed them.

What is interesting about the 7th book is it answers the questions left open (although until you read book 7 you wont know there questions at all)

It has to be admitted she is quite clever, but there has to be another book, theres open questions left.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

digital-one wrote:
What is interesting about the 7th book is it answers the questions left open (although until you read book 7 you wont know there questions at all)

What things do you mean in particular? Obviously the Snape issue and also why Dumbledore's eyes "gleamed with triumph" when he heard that Voldemort had used Harry's blood to raise himself.

Curious what else you mean.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought the blood thing was already answered, because Voldermort put Harry's "Love Protection" or something in him I read it somewhere..Il go find it..

Got it: he had harry's protection stuff in his blood when he "rebuilt" himself so when he tried to kill harry Voldermort actually kept him alive because the sacrifice was still in Voldermort, kinda like a two way Hocrux

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic