SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Harry Potter - BOOK 7 SPOILERS OK (WARNING!!!!)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FredFlinstone
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hehe I haven't bought the book yet, Im in no rush. But today I saw the funniest looking fans. They were outside the bookshop about 2hrs b4 it was open and they were dressed up as wizards with wands and everything. I wonder who can beat them?

Cellphone (x4)

FredFlinstone = cool
Fred Flintstone = must die!
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My kids have been glued to Google all day for the spoilers and got several versions. So far they all seem a bit lame compared to the amazing theories I've read here. No doubt a definitive ending will be posted on the net in the next few hours but if the 'real' ending I've been told about is the actual ending.......... well, let's just say it's a bit of a disappointment and JKR has left the door WIDE open for a follow-up. Not that I blame her - goose and golden eggs, etc, etc.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don�t know if anybody posted this here before...
but at least the German Wikipedia HAS published the end of it - so don�t read!

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know the end of it, and I've known it for a week. At work we got them in about a week and a half early, and my co-workers and I decided to open them and read the end of the books. I'm not even a Harry Potter fan.

"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am up to chapter 9.

Lots of mystery building up. I am LOVING this book.

Anyone reading it with me??? PM me and we can discuss up to what ever we've read - - NO spoilers though - only discussion of what we've read so far.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I finished last night. I finished it in about 15 hours Very Happy And that is all I am saying...........waiting for Wednesday...............

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

up to chp 27 Very Happy

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Nanda
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I picked up a copy around 12:30am on Saturday, read the first chapter out loud to my partner Terry in the car on the way home, then showed immense self-discipline and went to sleep. Read the whole thing in about 3 hours on Saturday morning (I'm a fast reader, yes), and have re-read my favorite bits since then. I'm also now reading it out loud to Terry and we finished up to the end of Chapter 12 last night.

Can't wait to discuss how it all turned out... sitting on my hands til then.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am up to about page 120 I think. Had a busy weekend and sharing book with my girlfriend (who is past page 300 I think has slowed me down a bit). If I'm not posting on here for a while you'll all know.

I'm thinking about starting the "Wednesday" thing at about 9am Wednesday morning NZ time This is 10pm Tuesday night UK time I think. Feel free to howl protest at that and we can rearrange discussion of it to a later date. Quite exciting the anticipation of talking to other people about the book really, it's as though you're in another world when you're reading it, reading something that hardly any other people have read before you, but at the same time involved in this huge worldwide group activity of doing the same thing.

Another thing, due to my over-whelming pottermania in the past few years I've read quite a lot of fan fiction, including some awesome stuff by a person called Cassandra Claire (Draco Dormiens, Draco Sinister and Draco Veritas). It is quite tricky making myself believe that this book isn't just more fan fiction, and on quite a few occasions I've made myself go "oh yeah... that's similar to what happened in this book" before thinking about it and actually realising that I'm comparing it to something that's actually fan fic. Especially the setting for Chapter 1.

Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^
I'm really picky about fan fiction and don't like most of it, but Cassandra Claire really is good. I haven't seen her Harry Potter stuff but her Lord of the Rings parody (Pervy Hobbit Fancier's Very Secret Diaries) was hilarious!

I like the kind that's so bad it's funny the best, though. Summary of one Harry Potter fanfic I found: "Harry ownes the largest land in the world and vodlemont wants harry for the land and ... his body." ...Shocked Fan fiction sites are REALLY not for those who want their Potter untainted.

Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Finished it Very Happy , man I thought it would take me longer..

Really good read though, twists and turns everywhere, harry seems to make a few really stupid mistakes Rolling Eyes

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
FredFlinstone
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

holy crap you are a fast reader, I haven't even got the book yet Laughing

Cellphone (x4)

FredFlinstone = cool
Fred Flintstone = must die!
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am halfway finished.

If people would quit calling me - I could get through with this!!

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am half way thru book one and I am enjoying. Very Happy

BTW, I'm not reading this thread. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm reading this thread half terrified that someone will spill the beans. Luckily we're above that and don't have any trolls around on this thread to do so.

I'm about halfway through I think. I've found it quite different to the previous books though really interesting at the same time. I guess that Reaper didn't get up to much else yesterday.... though he can be forgiven as it was his birthday.

Back at work today, so no book. Perhaps I can read a good chunk of it tonight and tomorrow night. As the OP of this thread if I'm not finished with it by Wednesday I may ask to continue our embargo of spoilers a little longer if that's OK with everyone. It seems that Reaper's the only person who's finished it yet anyway.

Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I read it on Friday evening! Some dude posted it online and I for one am outraged that JK Rowling even decided to put those X-rated scenes in the end Wink

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Be careful that's not construed as a spoiler. X rated scenes ...hmm..... I've been trying to avoid skipping to the end don't make things harder for me! Laughing

Just curious, of those reading the books has anyone lost the battle with their will-power and skipped to the end? Did you regret it?

(And no, that's not an invitation to tell me what the last word is).

Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I skipped to the end...

ONLY to find out how many pages are in the book - - did not see a single word on the last page - just saw the page #. That's all.

I'm to chapter 20.

I want to keep reading but my friends want me to go out for dinner Rolling Eyes What's more important on your birthday - - going out with friends...or reading Harry? I think it's the later - - my friends disagree - LOL

<br>

Mortar x12
Golden Pith
crotalus
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone remember the Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics speed reading courses from the 1960's?

She claimed that President Kennedy had endorsed her classes.

If she were around now she would claim to have read the entire Harry Potter book in one hour.

Smile

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Wow that's a really tough choice Eliza. Just over 600 pages in the UK edition (the one we get here in New Zealand). I think the pages are smaller in the US edition so therefore there are more of them.

I could confirm this through google or wikipedia but I'm terrified of either of them at the moment. Even avoiding newspaper pages in case one of them has a stupid title saying "Harry's Dead" or something like that.

By the way that's not a spoiler, I have no idea of the ending.

Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I actually did catch a leaked version on Friday while reading the news and one click led to another! I spent all of Friday reading the book, although it was more skimming than reading. The story was gripping....
....But I would never read an e-book again. My eyes are still burning from spending a day looking at my laptop's monitor Laughing

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah there's definitely something more satisfying about lying in bed with a book and reading under a good lamp. I've read some pretty long books online (generally fan fic) and your eyes can get damn tired after a while. Reading the whole thing in one go (even with skims) is pretty impressive though.

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bah. Amazon's estimate at dispatch is 26th July to 1st August.

I might pop down to the local independent at lunch time, but if he had any he's probably sold them.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Mercury
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I finished the book a couple of hours ago, I was going to keep the book for a plane ride but curiosity got the best of me. I wish I wasn't such a fast reader, I kept reading chapters and then putting the book down and promising I would keep the rest of it for the plane. Anyway it was an amazing read and a pity J.K says its the final book.

"should i go to hair dressing salon for the application of the tattoo?"

Join the church of today
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I always read the last 3 pages of a book first. It drives my husband batty. He's promised to buy a mystery story and tear the last couple of pages out before he gives it to me. I cant help it, some people wash their hands over and over, I read the end of books.

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic