SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Harry Potter - BOOK 7 SPOILERS OK (WARNING!!!!)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's very true actually. While JK Rowling claims she wrote the last chapter of the book years ago, I'm sure Warner Brothers has had a good word in her ear to make sure she doesn't kill off Harry and ruin their last couple of movies.

jane austen
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

New theory on Snape (well, for me anyway. I'm sure someone out there has picked up on this):

At the very beginning of Book 6, Snape makes an Unbreakable Vow with Bellatrix and Narcissa that he will look after Malfoy and protect him as he attempts to do Voldemort's bidding and kill Dumbledore, and that if it seems like Draco will be unable to, that he will carry out the deed himself. I think that possibly this could show that Snape ended up in a situation where he had no choice. An Unbreakable Vow is definately going to be a binding magical contract he can't get out of, and Snape was in a situation where he had to make this vow, otherwise he would have given himself away as Dumbledore's spy. Maybe he hoped it would never come down to that, I don't know.

It doesn't prove anything, but it definately shows how Snape could have ended up killing Dumbledore even though he was on his side. I suppose I just really want Snape to turn out good, in the end. He's too interesting a character to be pure evil.
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Or if Dumbledore and Snape are really sneaky then they could have worked out some way for Dumbledore to die temporarily, but I think that might feel like a cop-out.

If Voldemort is Harry's father, then it may be the second book I have ever thrown in the bin. Anyway, book six was the right place to reveal that, so Harry had room to display all the angst.

Harry has to live. Voldermort has to be permanently defeated. Ginny is still at Hogwarts, yes? If so that is a good reason to involve the school, and a good vulnerability for Harry. So I don't see them switching partners; maybe we will see work on the Ron/Hermione partnership a bit to make it seem more reasonable. I don't see any of those four dying permanently, but there will be death, and of major characters too. Two of the four, Ginny and one other will be in serious trouble. Probably someone will sacrifice themselves to save them.

I see a parent and Snape dying. The parent first to save Ron (can't be Hermione or Ron would blame her for their death), and then Snape at the climax to save Ginny, redeem himself and clear the way for Harry to win.

Now I'm off to re-read book six in preparation.

Edit: Just corrected a typo, and discovered that Firefox knows how to spell "Hogwarts" Laughing

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several

Last edited by thud419 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparantly someone's put a copy of it on line and ruined it for everyone else!!

My advice, if you don't want to know, don't look!

Pretty Rose

pony
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting theories there thud. I think JK Rowling has confirmed that Dumbledore is dead. However, I'm sure he'll have some role to play, whether it's providing advice from being a picture in the headmaster's office, to something perhaps more than that.

I agree that the Ginny/Harry dynamic will be an interesting one during this book. It's pretty obvious that Voldemort will figure out the importance of Ginny and go for her at some stage. Perhaps Ron will have to die to save his best friend and/or sister?

Tragic scene:

Harry confronts Voldemort....

Harry: I hate you.... you killed my father
Voldemort: No Harry.... I am your father!
Harry: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

(Ok maybe I've watched Star Wars a few too many times. So many similarities between Star Wars and Harry Potter if you think about it).

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

God I hope he does die(Is joke), "Blimey", "Blimey", "Blimey". (Well actually I just hate the "ron" in the movies.) That's seriously all he says.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg

Last edited by Reaper on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Blimey Reaper, that's a bit mean.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What's mean and funny is that some current affairs show did an interview with a handful of children about the ending of HP. All but one wanted Hermoine and Ron to die. One kid wanted them all to die Laughing

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

Easter Egg
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yrubraj wrote:
So many similarities between Star Wars and Harry Potter if you think about it).

But Snape is Darth Vader, not Voldemort. Voldemort is the Emperor.

Edit: Snape and Draco

I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14

Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does that mean Snape's Harry's father? I read a theory about that actually.... that Snape is Harry's father under a permanent polyjuice effect... or something like that.

thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The "I am your father" bit has been killed by Star Wars. It would never work now, although in the absence of Star Wars it would have been a good plot twist. However there is a reason that it was the climax of the second film and not the last one; if you put it in too late it becomes meaningless. It needs to be a major climax in its own right that totally alters your view of the story. IMHO, JK has missed her chance, and quite rightly too; it would be met with several million pained sighs if she had tried it.

Darth Vader is the good man, become bad and then redeemed. In the subsequent Star Wars canon (the spin-off books) he is a symbol of hope to the new Jedi, not a hated evil dictator. Voldemort is the ultimate symbol of evil. He can not be redeemed; he has to be destroyed. Either Harry would have to kill his own father or the book would have to be long enough to bring in that revelation and also to insert some glimmer of humanity into the Dark Lord. That isn't going to happen.

I don't see Snape as Harry's father; I don't see the point. The story would be stronger without it. And could Harry relate to a father who murdered his hero and protector?

Cellphone x14

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a radio comp this morning asking people to suggest a final line to the book. The winner was

"Harry, you have a twin sister............"

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^But how does that tie in with the last word of the book being 'scar'?

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
During a July 2007 interview broadcast on the BBC One's Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Rowling announced that "scar" was no longer the last word in the book. Although long reported and confirmed by Rowling to be the final word of book 7, Rowling went on record as saying that "Scar is quite near the end, but it's not the last word." She refused to say what the last word was.

I always thought that originally the last word was scar, and the Hermione says it. This would have come at the end of a sentence such as .... and Hermione looked at Harry and said "Harry, where's your scar?" Or something like that, which would indicate that Harry had defeated Voldemort and as a result his scar had disappeared.

I guess perhaps JK Rowling thought that too much could be read into that, and changed things?

Edit: New York Times Book Review. Some may think it has spoilers if you really want to stay 100% in the dark then don't read. It doesn't give away too much though in my opinion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/19/books/19potter.html

remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just found the copy online in PDF

its at ......................... PM me if you want it.

Cool

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah a few release fee's will be needed Laughing , I'm not reading any leaked copy, though I think I'll find it difficult to not just skip to the last few pages and read that...

Easter Egg
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TSnerd wrote:
^^But how does that tie in with the last word of the book being 'scar'?

"Harry, you have a twin sister and she also bears the scar...." Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Fair enough. Laughing

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Miss Behaving
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a little theory concerning the locket Harry at the end of The Half-Blood Prince. The initials on it are 'RAB'. The only person with the initials RB is Regulus Black, Sirius' younger brother. (see chapter 6 of OoTP) He was a death Eater but tried to leave - some mystery surrounds his death - no-one knows who killed him. Is it possible that he has been on the run for ten years fearing the Ministry of Magic/Death Eaters but is now trying to prevent Voldemort's rise? He has already taken abd destroyed on horcrux leaving an object in its place (to fool Voldemort's magic?).

He could be Harry's mysterious ally... he could take the place that Sirius had in Harry's life and thereby Potter - currently seriously short of advice and/or a mentor - would have a 'father/guardian' figure back.

It's my pet theory and I'm sticking to it...

Bobo419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

am I the only one who doesn't give a FFAARD about Potter?

I mean, Jeez, it's all commercially well hyped and all that, but I found the first book about as boring as watching paint dry.... OK, it wasn't THAT bad, but the story and characters are fairly predictable and there wasn't anything new....

I found it rather mediocre... and still do...

The kids love the the DVD "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azerbeidjan" or whatever the thing's called... I fall asleep....

Anyway, I can sort of understand that kids like this sort of stuff, but hey... I read Bob the Builder stories to my three year old when he settles for bed.... but I don't continue after he's gone to sleep... Laughing

crime doesn't pay... but the hours are good !

Early to bed, early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
- and a milkman -
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

00.10 GMT. HP7 was released 9 minutes ago.

I say no spoilers about the book until perhaps Wednesday. I will change the title of the thread when we agree that it's OK to discuss the book and reveal spoilers.

@ Miss Behaviour (from Wikipedia)

Quote:
Near the end of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Dumbledore and Harry attempt to recover a locket believed to be a Horcrux created by Voldemort. Instead, they find a different locket containing a message signed with the initials R.A.B.. Fans immediately speculated that RAB stood for Regulus Black. Rowling was asked this on publication day of Half-Blood Prince and whilst neither confirming nor denying the suggestion, she called it "a fine guess".

Foreign editions of the books consistently translate the final initial of "R.A.B." to agree with the first letter of the Black surname. (For example, the Dutch translation has Sirius's last name as "Zwarts", while "R.A.B." is translated as "R.A.Z.". It is likewise with the Norwegian translation, Sirus's last name is "Svaart" and the initials are then "R.A.S.")

From the books, it is not known whether Regulus has a middle name. The Harry Potter Lexicon fan website claimed in August 2005 to have been informed by a "reliable source" that Regulus's middle name was Arcturus. The Lexicon later withdrew this statement without explanation, but Steve Vander Ark, the editor that originally made the claim, stated that he stands behind the information.

It was later reported that Rowling had revealed to Isabel Nunes, who is responsible for the Portuguese translations of the Harry Potter books, that R.A.B. stands for "Regulus Arcturus Black". This has not been confirmed or disputed by Rowling.

Unfortunately Regulus is dead. Voldemort killed him when found out Regulus had betrayed him.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got the book, bah it's so hard not to just skip to the last few pages and read that..I think we should move the spoiler to Friday, people have school (Assignments) and work and people have different reading speeds. Or if stays at Wednesday you can put it in the really small text or warn people of spoilers.

Easter Egg
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd suggest that if anyone does want to post spoilers after Wednesday, they ensure the font size is small enough so that it cannot be inadvertently read. I recommend a font size of around 4 thus:

If you can read this you have decent eyesight!

For those unsure how to use the font size command, here's how:

Code:
[size=4]put your text in between these two codes[/size]

For a quick read of the small text, just hit the QUOTE button, or copy paste it into something like notepad.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good thinking Shiver. Either that or I guess we could create another thread for book 7 discussion. Perhaps a mixture of the two - no spoilers at all until Wednesday, small fonts required until Friday.

I've read the first 2 chapters so far. Sharing the book with my girlfriend.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Beating you Razz , Up to "magic is might". I have to get used to seeing "Josh" in the forum/chat/main,etc. index, I keep think who is that? Laughing

Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic