SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

** GET COOl STUFF & SUPPORT 419EATER AT THE SAME TIME! *

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, it's time for me to start clearing out some of the stuff I have been "collecting" from my scammers! Over the last couple of years I've had quite a few offers to buy some of the scammer artwork I have acquired, and until now I refused almost all offers. Now I have a new home I want to start to get rid of stuff which would otherwise just be gathering dust. Also, Mrs Shiver is already pissed off with all the retro computer stuff I have collected over 25 years, and it's not the first time she's threatened to burn my scammer artwork!

So, I have decided to offer various pieces for sales. All proceeds to go towards the upkeep of this site.

First item up for grabs is one of the very first, and probably most famous pieces of scammer artwork that I acquired, the solid wooden Commodore 64 which was the highlight of my The Incredible Shrinking Artwork bait. Do a Google search for commodore +scammer and you'll see how infamous this carving is. It has featured in many newspaper and magazine articles also, as well as two TV appearances Smile

So, there you go. There is absolutely no minimum offer. All offers will be considered, and the winner of the carving will of course be the person who offers the most cash!

If you would like to make a bid on this item then please send me a email ( administrator @ 419eater.com ) with your offer. Once all bids have died down I will then arrange shipping/payment with the high bidder.

PLEASE NOTE
This item is very heavy at just under 6 kilos (unboxed) so shipping charges - which the winner will be responsible for - will be quite high if posted outside the UK. I can ship this carving to any UK destination for �10, fully insured, however if you are interested in this item and live OUTSIDE the UK then PLEASE check what the shipping charges will be. As an example, the original scammer sent this to me via FedEx from Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire to the UK at a shipping charge of �121. Granted he sent it priority, and I'm sure that it's possible to ship much cheaper than this, but PLEASE do check before you make an offer.

NOTE ALSO THAT FOR BIDDERS OUTSIDE THE UK I CAN ONLY ACCEPT PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL.

OK, that's the boring stuff over with. To whet your appetites, here are some pictures of the beast in question. The links below the images will open up higher resolution versions:

CLICK HERE FOR HI-RES VERSION

I think this would look really smart once polished/varnished with care! I'm not sure what type of wood it is, but it is very hard and very heavy. I'm guessing it may be rosewood.

I will be letting go more scammer artwork over the next few weeks, so if there is anything in particular you are interested in then please let me know!

THIS 'AUCTION' WILL CLOSE ON FRIDAY 6TH JULY

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.

Last edited by Shiver Metimbers on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the person with the name initials D.C. is reading this, please can you PM/email me regarding your bid? I received your email but my replies are bouncing, and your email address does not appear to be registered here so I have no idea who you are Smile

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's defiantly not Rosewood Shiv, more likely Sapele.
Or one of the African Walnuts maybe?

Teak oil will finish it off really nicely and wont build up.
Give it a couple of coats and then maintain by just dusting with a slightly dampened cloth.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers WP.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic