SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

SUMMER VOLUNTEERING IN GHANA

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
volunteersaidafrica
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Volunteer in Ghana

Social Welfare (Orphanage and street children) Volunteer Work:
Volunteers assist in caring for orphans, destitute and abandoned children and street children. Caring work includes, assisting in cooking for the children and showing them love. Some of the orphans lost their parents through HIV/AIDS. Volunteers will also assist in teaching English language and other subjects and extra curriculum activities. Volunteers will be guided by a local teacher during the first week of classes at the orphanage and street children's centers in regard to lesson plans, schedules and teaching curriculum. People with initiative, drive, charisma and compassion to help the under-privileged overcome their challenges and their struggle for dignity are most welcome to participate in this program.

Social Welfare (Computer Training) Volunteer Work:

Volunteers assist in providing free computer training to under-privileged people. The training will be in any of the following areas: Introduction or windows, Internet Orientation, Ms. Word, Ms. Excel (spread sheet), Ms. Access, Ms. Power Point, Ms. Front page, Publisher, Adobe Page maker, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, typing etc. There will also be some computer hardware training in addition to the software training, depending the knowledge and skills of the volunteers. The target groups of people we have been focusing on training them computer skills are under-privileged people such as people from poor income families who as a result of that have become school drop outs, unskilled youth and in some cases commercial sex workers. This is to enable them acquire employable skills and live dignified lives for personal and national development.

Teaching Volunteer Work:
Volunteers and volunteer-interns assist in teaching English language, mathematics and
other subjects or extra curriculum activities at government and private nursery, primary and junior secondary schools. Volunteers and interns will be guided by a local teacher in the school. They will shadow the local teacher to become familiar with the school, the children, and the teaching curriculum during the first week of classes. If the volunteer or intern is ready at the beginning of the second week, he or she may begin teaching independently.

Health Care/Medical and Nursing Volunteering:

Medical and nursing student volunteers on electives and internships shadow local medical doctors and nurses by assisting them in their work, observing their work and volunteering under their supervision. Participants do not offer drug injections or perform surgery. Pre-medicals and other health care related students are also welcome to volunteer at clinics and assist local health care professionals in their work.
Qualified medical doctors and nurses volunteers work alongside local health care professionals and as part of a team. Their participation enables them to contribute to the development of general health care and also gain some experience or more experience in the field. Participants do not offer drug injections or perform surgery.
Our health programs bring service-learning into private and Government hospitals and clinics around Ghana, allowing participants to gain insight on the contextual constructs of illness and healing in foreign settings. Program Alumni return from Ghana with new perspectives on healthcare systems and delivery.

Health Education (HIV/AIDS Education) Volunteering:
Volunteers assist people to prevent the transmission of HIV and to provide support to those affected. Following a one week short training volunteers will assist in raising awareness of the disease through talks and seminars at local schools and community meetings. HIV/AIDS talks and seminars issues will include topics on the nature of the disease, modes of transmission, statistic reports, methods of preventing its spread, history and symptoms of the disease. There may also be activities like: Promoting voluntary HIV counseling and testing; Participating in workshops to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission; Providing care and support to the People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). There may be periodic HIV/AIDS documentary video film shows or drama live shows as part of the program. Volunteers may also be periodically involved in office work at HIV/AIDS clinics.

Conservation/Tree Planting Volunteer Work
:
Volunteers assist in picking seeds from trees, filling seed bags with enriched soil and planting tree seeds in it, watering tree seedlings at our nursery, transplanting high regenerative trees to preserve the environment and to serve as tree seed source for free distribution. Some information about the role of tree planting in global environmental preservation can be found here:

Media and Journalism/Mass Media Volunteering:
Participants volunteer with newspapers and magazines publications, radio or TV stations, photography and film production or media-based awareness projects promoting the rights of women and children. Activities include language editing. Volunteers and intern-student volunteers are welcome.
Law and Legal Volunteering:
Participants volunteer with legal professionals, practitioners and legal Chambers. This placement is for law students or other people interested in pursuing the legal profession. Work involves general office work at legal chambers. Volunteers and intern-student volunteers are welcome.
Sports and Fitness Volunteer Work:
Participants volunteer by teaching soccer, basketball, baseball, volleyball, swimming and a variety of other sports to local talents at schools and communities. Periodically, we have other volunteering and volunteer-internship programs available in areas that include Business Finance, advertising, marketing, PR, engineering, IT, interior design, building and construction, dentistry, pharmaceuticals and many other professions. Check out about their availability by contacting us.
Program Schedule, Requirements and Conditions:
Participants can participate in most of the programs anytime of year. Qualified volunteers work alongside local professionals and workers and as part of a team. Intern student volunteers assist local professionals in their work. They provide volunteer assistance under the supervision of the professionals and also learn by observing the work of the professionals. Special skills, professional qualifications or previous experience are not required of volunteers in the programs except the health care/medical/nursing programs, computer training programs and a few other programs. Anybody with the initiative, drive and compassion to help the under-privileged in overcome their challenges and their struggle for dignity are welcome to participate in this program.

Volunteers should have strong work ethic, ability to work independently or as part of a team, and willingness to follow direction; and good interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a sense of humor. Their educational level should be at least at the high/secondary school level and must be able to speak English fluently.
Working days for the volunteers and interns is 4 to 5 days a week, depending on the number of days they would like to work weekly. They work for 4 to 6 hours or more a day, depending on the number of hours they would like to work daily. They stay with our host families. Our host families are carefully selected, well screened, respectable and friendly people. Break fast and dinner are provided on Mondays to Fridays. Breakfast lunch and dinner are provided on Saturdays and Sundays.

A private room with a lock and bed are provided to each volunteer. Participants can participate in most of the programs from a period of 1 week to 12 weeks. The volunteer work takes place in Tamale, towns and villages in the Northern region, Upper East and West Regions of Ghana and not more than 140km from Tamale. Applicants should be 16 to 55 years of age. A month or more notice is needed by us to arrange a placement.

Participating in our overseas volunteer projects in Ghana will make your CV shine as well as offering you the opportunity in acquiring a valuable work experience in your chosen profession and putting into use your creative skills. You will also have a cultural exchange, make new friends and travel companions, learn the local language, cooking the local food, learn about the rich Ghanaian culture and experience her unique hospitality.

People who would like to participate in our volunteering and intern-student volunteering programs in Ghana should please complete the registration form which will be send them through thier postal addresses. They will hear from us soon concerning their participation. We will be honored by their participation.

Best Regards.
The Country Director
Mr Blanc.

Aid Africa Volunteers
1st Road kalpohini Estates
P.O. Box 1895, Tamale, GHANA West Africa
Phone: 00233-242-711592
E-mail:[email protected]

Mod edit - I have deleted your other post, and pasted your formatted text from that post in to this post - SP
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype NameICQ Number
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there, have you got a website?

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Papa Lazarou
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would love to do something like that, but it's just not possible for me right now. Sad
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

here is the website
http://aidafricavoluntary.cfsites.org/index.php

seems genuine, i cant get access to dnsstuff cause its says im using
an automated program

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks good to me, I'm signing up. How about I send some money at the same time. Do you accept WU?

Edit: Damn, no opportunities for baiters. Stuff it then, under bridge dweller Image
Someone tell Lotta as she missed the last one.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts

Last edited by Rodus on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~remmy223,

CFSites is a simple, free way for people to create a website for their favorite service related activities. Within minutes, you can create a website, share your inspirations and allow people to view your causes online.

CFSites is currently released as Beta.
Features

Your own URL, free and without any ads.
A quick wizard driven process to get your site created very easily, with limited technical knowledge needed.
Over a dozen templates to give your site a professional look.
A graphical editor for your pages, so you don't need to know HTML.
Your own site menu with as many pages as you want.
3 megs of space to hold your photos and other files.
Ability to zip your site for easy backup and other migration.
How To Get Started

i'm not saying this is a fake, it just seems dodgy

Papa Lazarou
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

remmy223 wrote:
http://aidafricavoluntary.cfsites.org/index.php

The cfsites.org is the only part that matters, since aidafricavoluntary is just a subdomain. CFSites is just a free webhost for charitable organisations. It's legit, although there's no way to be sure that it's clients are; certainly not by using dnsstuff or the likes. I believe there are reports on this forum of it hosting some dubious sites.

Edit: I stand corrected... Refer to this link

Last edited by Papa Lazarou on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CFsites is very legit, unfortunately this guy isn't.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113521

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He has now been suspended for posting twice in general chat and posting the same message in the publish your work here forum Mad,

@ Volunteersaidafrica, if you see this, go and read your private messages at the top of the forum page by clicking the messages button

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bait away i say now the truth be known.
mods bound to lock this as its repeated elsewhere.

thanks rodus for the link to the other posting

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not a troll; he's just a wandering, befuddled lad.

Just goes to show that lads just don't get what we do here.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bah. Whatever happened to the good old "STOP MESSING WITH OUR LEGITIMATE BUSINESSES OOOOoooooOOO,,,," lads on the forum?

I miss those... Sad

Edited to add: A good "Holy ghooooooosssssssssst fiyaaaaaaaaaaaah....." would be nice from time to time too... Laughing

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rodus Longus wrote:
Someone tell Lotta as she missed the last one.

I really felt like kicking a lad today Sad

His site seems to have copied quite a bit of the wording from this organization:

http://www.revsodepghana.org

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic