SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Personal request -

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say it's a tie, between Click, Clack, Moo & Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
guymannemisis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Goodnight Moon - both my girls loved it because they would point out the various characters and I think on the second reading they knew they had to say "goodnight" when I pointed to the picture. I now have an 11 month old grandaughter so I'm going to dig out her mother's dog earred copy and read it to her.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I read to my two kids every night. Two stories. We read very Caldecot and Newbery winner there was and I would suggest the same for every parent.

My son's favorite was Little House by Virgina Lee Burton.
"Once upon a time there was a Little House way out in the country. She was a pretty Little House and she was strong and well built."
http://www.amazon.com/Little-House-Virginia-Lee-Burton/dp/039525938X
He liked how things grew up around the house and yet the house stood the test of time. The happy ending went over well every night.
The "boy" is presently out on the ocean, part of a electronic countermeasures crew on a ship being used as an adversary against an aircraft carrier battle group. The ACBG will then be deployed to a combat zone. He's majoring in electrical engineering and minoring in an area of the humanities.

The girl's favorite was The Complete Tales of Peter Rabbit By Beatrice Potter.
"ONCE UPON A TIME there were four little Rabbits, and their names were - Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail, and Peter..."
The little lady just loves animals. Our house has always been filled with cats, birds, and stuffed animals. The boy gave her a rabbit last year for her birthday. It was simply the best physical gift she could have received. This last year, they have grown to love and respect each other. What a gift to me.
If you have not seen the Potter movie, please do.
Report card for the girl just came in, 4.43 on a 4 point scale. She just left the house to go to her internship.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
calv1n_klein
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

might be a bit late for my reply but my little cousins favourite book is "the gruffaloes child"

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Possibly more popular in the UK but both kids LOVED "Each Peach Pear Plum" by the Ahlbergs (sp?). It has rhythm and rhyme which I firmly believe younger kids love because they can learn it by heart and say it even if they can't actually read the words yet. Also a book called "Five Minutes Peace" - can't remember the author. Oh yeah, another Ahlberg book called "Peepo!" and the Lowly Worm stories.

When they were a bit older (pre-school) they loved the Mr Men books (Roger Hargreaves RIP).

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Both my sons (this time around) loved anything Dr. Suess. My oldest, now 10, learned to read with them. My youngest learned to read on, are you ready for this? Dick and Jane. He didn't take to reading like his brother did, and I think the simple words in that series helped him greatly. He now reads above grade level. If I had to guess, I would say ease of reading and pictures are what captures a child's interest.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic