SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Good fun with a vlad on trillian

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
spoilsport
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a request from my russian girlfriend to add her to yahoo messenger, now i am chatting with her/ him/ it...good fun!

He wants to get the money thing going, I want to avoid that for now....advice?

-"Today I went to see my doctor for medical check and he placed me on a six house bed rest" -Gen. Bry4nt J0hns0n
-noobies: click here
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IM baits are great fun. The main advice I'd give is:

1. Bait safe. E-mail is one thing, but IM baits can progress very rapidly in unexpected directions. Whatever you do, don't give personal details and don't let the scammer rattle you. If you feel threatened at all or uncomfortable by what they say, give yourself a breather. Make some lame excuse (got to get the phone) or pretend to be upset or angry.

2. Be consistent with your story. Again, this is a bit harder on IM than with e-mail, so prepare a bit of a backstory for your character first. A name, address, job, family, bio, etc. should be enough.

3. Dig holes in their story. Most lads don't prepare their background properly and can't wing it convincingly. Build up a list of inconsistencies and drop one on them when they ask you for money or something. You can repeatedly sidestep requests for cash by doing this without blowing the bait.

4 When in doubt, slap. Most IM lads can be slapped repeatedly and hard before they'll give up on you, so don't pull your punches. Also, keep them waiting for your replies and slap if they buzz you excessively as that's just bad etiquette.

5. Don't let it waste too much of your time. IM baiting is great fun, but it can take over your life if you let it. Try to keep your sessions short and sweet and end them by giving some sort of task e.g. filling in a form.

Have fun. I know I would. Laughing
spoilsport
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right, kept it short and sweet, as soon as she started over the bank, I ditched, I had a meeting which I announced earlier in the chat. Glad I built that safeguard in though.

-"Today I went to see my doctor for medical check and he placed me on a six house bed rest" -Gen. Bry4nt J0hns0n
-noobies: click here
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's the right idea. Ideally, don't even say you're going. Just leave it hanging there and keep them staring at an empty screen for a bit. Laughing

Just vanishing without trace whenever the cash question comes up will make them suspicious though, so it's probably good to have some sort of carrot to dangle in that direction when you next chat. A good one is to say that you can get whatever it is that they want cheaper as you just happen to have a friend who can get you a huge discount on it. This works a treat for the usual flights/visa modality, as you can then stall the scam until they've filled in a load of forms for you.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are aware most banks have identity theft measures in place now? Even if you wanted to send the money to them right away, it'd take a few days as banks only allow $300 a day to be taken from cashpoints. You'd LOVE to send them the $1500 they need right now, but it's simply inmpossible. Give it a week tho and you'll have it.......

Wink

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are pretty sure these guys are in an internet cafe somewhere... even if they are not chatting about money that phone will ring, oh and someone is at the door... crikey it can be a long wait when your mother gets talking!

"What you can tell me now? Maybe Russian Mafia, Godzilla, Hitler, third World War
prevented you make a transfer?"
"You are not bigger than Almighty God.If You were created by God, then i command the charm you are using to fail.IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. REKE MAMA LAKKAKULIMAKA." Barrister Aby
"fock yuuuuuuu" - Kevin Ezeh
"i hope u r real..bcos u r sounding like a joker now" - Day0
"If you have nothing to say or do, go f**k yourself." N4na

Ivory Coast
United States <- Fake dog adoption site

pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Dancing Banana

Mortar x20
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic