SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Same day delivery.

View next topic
View previous topic

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys, I need some help heer.

Last week was my best friends birthday. I'm in NZ, she's in UK.
I went online and used 'teleflorist' a rather large company with the same kind of rep as interflora.
Anyway, I ordered, and paid for (Using my UK credit card, so being in NZ shouldn't have mattered) a beautiful bouquet of flowers. They 'Guarantee' same day delivery, as long as the order is placed before 1pm UK time. I placed my order, online at 4am(UK time). So, in plenty of time.
AS you've probably guessed by now, no flowers were delivered.
I sent a shitty email to the customer service department last Thursday. I heard nothing. So I gave the UK contact number to my friend and she's obviously rung them and given them a bit of grief coz I've now got an email saying "Sorry for the delay, we can now either give you a full refund, or send the flowers."
Basically, my question is, because they 'Guarantee same day delivery' am I in my rights to now demand a refund AND they send the flowers?
It's now been a week since her birthday.

I'm pissed off Evil or Very Mad

Pretty Rose

pony
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know if you'd be legally entitled to both or not, but certainly "making a scene" might help... Just ask them what their guaranteed same-day delievery guarantees exactly, and tell them you think that due to this "guarantee" maybe they should do both...

I've just got images of their advertising now with a Simpson-esque disclaimer "Warning: guaranteed same-day delivery may not guarantee same-day delivery..."

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had exactly the same happening with Interflora before. After I made (only a little) fuss, they gave me my money back AND sent the flowers, too.
It's worth complaining! Smile

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys,
I've asked them to outline what exactly the guarantee covers.
What really upsets me though is that my best friend, on her birthday, sat with nothing from me. And she really is a true friend.
I mean, she knows now, but now is after her birthday!
Oh yeah, I paid an extra 6 pounds delivery charge for the same day delivery Rolling Eyes

Pretty Rose

pony
Red
Flag Whore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Basically, my question is, because they 'Guarantee same day delivery' am I in my rights to now demand a refund AND they send the flowers?

They guarantee delivery or your money back, legally.

There is no provision in the law for you to claim damages because they didn't send your flowers on time.

You can claim loses, i.e. the contractual amount (what you paid). By law they have to pay this to you.

But other than that, you can't get much.

However, you can kick up a stink and give them shit and write them letters and generally make their life hell and they may well give you something for free out of goodwill. But you don't have a legal right to it.

(unless of course the guarantee states that you do, but if you can't prove that such a guarantee existed when you bought the flowers it'll be hard to claim... remember, if they don't state that that is the policy they can just tell you it isn't).
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I understand completely what you're saying, but at the end of the day, this company basically promised me that if I gave them hte money, they would send my friend the flowers and put a smile on her face.
They didn't do this and now, it's too late.
Legally, I realise that the only guarantee they give is that they'll refund you if they don't keep there word.
That pisses me off. It should be money back and flowers!!
I am gonna kick up a stink because I've had the worst couple of days I've ever had and those incompetent prix can't even deliver some bloody flowers!!!!!

Ok, rant over...for now!

Pretty Rose

pony
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is why I don't do flowers.. Wink

On a serious note, maybe you should just look to get your money back and then use another company. When you contact them, explain to them what just happened and I guarentee (er, maybe the wrong word to use) the competitor will do anything to outshine the bad company and win your business.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Yeah, but ubfortunately her birthday was last week so not really much point in sendi them now.
Interflora did the same thing last year with my mother and they ended up (2 months later) sending her a box of 'Celebrations' to say sorry Rolling Eyes

I hate these bloody companies. They get far too big and then customer service and guarantees just fly out the window coz they're 'too big' to get sued.

Pretty Rose

pony

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic