SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The thread you all came to see! Complete with 1 dead troll!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ThePunished
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now bear in mind this is all 'theoretical':

-Correspondence with a particular scammer has been going on for a week or so. He trusts me as much as I "trust" him.

-Scammer believes he is on the verge of conning me and my business out of a large sum of money.

-My brother and I head a firm and do pretty well for ourselves. A moderate expense is justifiable in executing what we consider to be the ultimate scammer-trap.

-Scammer has US Passport, and is preparing to fly TO THE UNITED STATES to meet with his "client" to further build trust. Expenses have been paid by the scam baiters. He doesnt pay a dime, comes to the US, then believes that shortly afterwards he will be milking us for far more.

SO, with that said (again, this is all "theoretical") am I correct in saying that the possibilities are endless? Now obviously this breaches any standard of 'safe baiting' that you have proposed here, which is why it has not been posted until now, but how do you guys feel about the described situation?

Heres what I'm thinking....theoretically, one could meet this man at the airport (accompanied, of course) and take him most anywhere on the pretense of a 'discussion'. Then, once said party is sufficiently far from where the journey began, he could be "released". And by released I mean dropped off almost anywhere, without any means to get back to the airport, without communications skills adequate enough to get anywhere fast, and most likely without any sort of money. Is there anything criminal about this? Or is it just a vile (read awesome) plan of action? Do share your opinions please.

And by the way, I've been lurking for a while, but enjoying the "work" you guys do here. I've been pursuing the hobby for a bit now, but this is my first post.

Mod edit: I changed the title. Just because. TS

No ponies for you! - Lotta
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome to the eater, I note you have Dallas as your location, are you aware that in the Dallas and Houston areas of Texas, there is a large community or west African scammers based there, right on your doorstep?

He may well have a contact there, or will almost certainly know someone with a contact there, so dropping him off in the middle of nowhere wont bother him, he will soon be picked up by another lad and taken to a safe place, you have now let a lad enter the US, from where he will be able to live the good life whilst continuing to scam people over the internet, and of course, the lad is going to be really pissed at you, and as he knows all your company details, it would not be hard for him to get back at you blah blah blah.

The lad could also easily pass the job to a US based lad so that he doesn't need to leave Africa, he might not even own a passport.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
shishtavi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My gut instict says this is wrong. Why help a scammer get anywhere except the local jail cells, especially spending your own money. Also sounds somewhat illegal to me. If they know any real details then the cops wouldn't be terribly impressed I imagine (particularly if he does have a US passport)

"YOU WONT RUN FAR FROM CR0WLEY AND HIS PLUMBERS, I DONT LIKE MUGUS TURNING ME AROUND." - Denny Both

"it should have occured to me being stranded the second time here in Ghana and your miserable organization cant even offer a $100 for my rescue,idiots!" - M0ses Uz3m3

"I need to get my donation now or else i will be forced to think ortherwise" - m0ses uz3m3
Safari x2 Lagos-Accra
Safari lagos-tamale: courtesy of SP
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A "Moderate expense" is no expense at all. You shouldn't pay a single penny to a lad in any way whatsoever.
And as SP stated, your lad could have contacts in the US. You pay the plane fare, the lad refunds it and he's made a nice little earner. Or who knows? If he does turn up and even if you are "accompanied", the lad may still be very dangerous. Then there's the legality issue. If the lad smells that something is up and you're driving him around, you could end up on a kidnap charge or maybe even something worse.

I can understand why at first it seems to be an appealing idea at first glance, but there really are too many pitfalls once you go deeper. Far too many things that could go wrong. Personally, I would drop this idea like a hot potato.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not to mention before a lad just ups and jumps on a plane to meet you (even if you are paying for it) he will require you to send him money via WU for whatever reasons he can think of.

Also, why do you think he has a US passport? Is it because he says so? Lads lie you know. It sounds like he is just telling you what you want to hear so you will send him money.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
ThePunished
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see where you guys are coming from. Didnt know about the Dallas/Houston scammer-haven thing, but we were planning on taking him to Oklahoma anyway (on the pretense of enjoying some drinks at my lake house) and leaving him in the middle of nowhere. He doesnt know any real information about my business. I followed the rules, this guy doesnt know my name, my address, my phone number, or anything. All he has is a bogus GMail account name.

The guy says he has a passport and I told him I would book the flight and pay for it. He is going to meet me at the gate, so it will definately be him, not one of his stateside cohorts. Either way, I guess the "danger" is part of the thrill. Not that this is a hobby done for thrills, but with money to burn and retribution to deliver, were looking for something a little more exciting.

From what I can gather, there is nothing illegal about this. He is willingly accompanying us on the trip, and there isnt anything in the books about leaving someone stranded.

The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talk about getting scamed! He will require that you send him the money and he will buy the ticket himself. You can trust him though it is 100% risky free! Rolling Eyes

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He may "willingly" accompany you to start with, but what if that changes once he's in the car?
And as for details? Cars have number plates don't they?

If danger is part of the thrill, my honest advice to you is to take up hang-gliding or scuba-diving - not baiting.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
ThePunished
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
It sounds like he is just telling you what you want to hear so you will send him money.

Well, he could be, but as of right now he is going to the airport tomorrow morning. He hasnt asked for any kind of money yet.

Either he is baiting me, and wont get on the plane and wont meet us at the terminal. (There would be no point to this) or we will see him there.

The only thing that I can think of is that he would not get on the flight, make up an excuse as to why he couldnt make it, and ask me for more money to get him here. But, we already considered this, and told him that if he didnt make this flight, there would be no more discussion, and the deal was off.

We'll just have to see at this point. If all goes as planned, this should be a good one. I should have some video and audio as well Smile

ThePunished
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
If danger is part of the thrill, my honest advice to you is to take up hang-gliding or scuba-diving - not baiting.

We've thought of that too. We have more than enough measures to ensure protection if need be. Wink I'll keep you posted.

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*sigh* Well as you've shared the rest of your plans, I'm sure that you can tell us how you intend to skirt around the number plate issue.
Nothing illegal I hope?

ThePunished
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haha I should have mentioned this, since now you've asked, but a friend of mine who is accompanying us owns a Lexus dealership. We're taking a loaner car from the lot. It just has dealer tags. In all, it will be me and 2 other buddies, and the 'suspect'.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
there isnt anything in the books about leaving someone stranded

Have you actually checked?

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
fawnykate
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well you seem comitted to it , so go for it , although I wouldn't spend one penny on those people.
1. Hire car
2. drive a night so you dont light the plates up before he is in the car
3. ...................mmmmmmmmm nah i wouldnt bother sounds a bit like kidknapping.

You'll be walking a legal tight rope with this one, and knowing these lads , once inside the US he will try and sue you for every dollar your worth. ( OWN GOAL).

IMO STEER CLEAR OF THIS
ThePunished
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
Have you actually checked?

Yes. If it is a child, its reckless endangerment. Otherwise there is no crime against being an asshole and leaving someone.

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
...*sigh*...

I second that matey.

I've just found some navel fluff! Shocked Laughing Don't panic, I just shot it. I'm off to bed now.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
ThePunished
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I'm going to avoid recording or videotaping any part of our journey, for obvious reasons. I'll keep you guys posted. I know this is not a normal procedure for you guys, but as long as I'm not breaking any forum rules or whatnot, stay tuned for the story.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I cannot speak for Texas but in California what you are doing can be considered kidnapping or at the very least false imprisonment.

See Texas penal code section 20.01

You are walking a fine line.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ThePunisher

The scammers are criminals and they know *exactly* what they're doing. He wants money, the easiest way possible. There is *no* way "he" is going to fly to the US to meet you. If "he" is already in the US, there is *no* way he will meet you and get in your car.

These people work in groups. *They* control the situation at all times. They know they are criminals and know they can get caught any time. Contrary to popular belief, they are far from stupid.

Sure, he'll say "I'll be there at xxx o'clock," but 15 minutes before the meeting time, he'll call and direct you to another place. You'll end up getting in *his* car.

Baiting is a fun game. Meeting a criminal is dangerous.
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the most ridiculous thread I�ve ever read.

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some interesting statutes from Oklahoma:

Quote:
�21-151. Persons liable to punishment in state.
The following persons are liable to punishment under the laws of this State:
1. All persons who commit, in whole or in part, any crime within the State.
2. All who commit theft out of this state, and bring, or are found with the property stolen, in this state.
3. All who, being out of this state, abduct or kidnap, by force or fraud, any person contrary to the laws of the place where such act is committed, and bring, send, or convey such person within the limits of this state, and are afterward found therein.
4. And all who, being out of this state, cause or aid, advise or encourage, another person, causing an injury to any person or property within this state by means of any act or neglect which is declared criminal by this code, and who are afterward found within this state.

�21-741. Kidnapping defined.
Any person who, without lawful authority, forcibly seizes and confines another, or inveigles or kidnaps another, with intent, either:
First. To cause such other person to be confined or imprisoned in this state against the will of the other person; or
Second. To cause such other person to be sent out of this state against the will of the other person; or
Third. To cause such person to be sold as a slave, or in any way held to service against the will of such person, shall be guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary not exceeding ten (10) years. Upon any trial for a violation of this section, the consent thereto of the person kidnapped or confined, shall not be a defense, unless it appears satisfactorily to the jury, that such person was above the age of twelve (12) years, and that such consent was not extorted by threat, or by duress.

Now I am not familiar with the statutes of Oklahoma, but I would think that taking someone somewhere by outright fraud with the intent to drop them in the middle of nowhere is kidnapping or some related crime.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Mortar x8
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I concur, and may I just add the words "blartlesnart " and "beafimicious" to maintain an appropriate tone.

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
EffinBeI
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just chalk up the lost money for airfare as a lesson learned and walk away from this one. If you can get him to take a taxi to a webcam location, that's as far as you should go IMO. Do not meet him in person!!! Can't the airlines trace the purchase information for the ticket back to you or your business credit card???
AlphonseTheFrog
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all, he won't be tricked that easy. Second, it sucks that all this money will be used to strand a mugu. Think how many charities could benefit from the money. Mugus can be stranded in places much more hostile than Oklahoma for no cost - there have been many safaris launched by eater members.

I believe that you ate also sending emails like this to others as well intimidiating them!!! I can't fear you -- Fidelity Security Company
BAAAAAAAAASTAAAARD CHOP MOTHER THEIR. U DONT KNOW BIZ... ANIMAL BEING...... -- Goodluck Obi
i known that you are an african man so you dey hear meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? murther fucking dick heard -- Graham Hoffman
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Frog:

Yeah, I am sure that other than a couple of bucks for phone calls Jojo never bought one of his lads a plane ticket anywhere.

Mortar x8
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic