SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Apple Safari for Windows..

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gaz
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone use this browser yet? Ive been using trusty ol' firefox for a while now, but Im tempted to give Safari a try (no "safari" jokes please Laughing )

Just wondering what anyone who has used it thinks of it, and are the plugins etc easy to find and use?

"Also believe in the Nectarines and hail them as my eternal forefathers and universal leaders"- Sir Frederick MacGregor

"THIS NONSENSE ACT OF YOURS HAS CAUSED ME LOOSING UP TO $350 USD ALL TOGETHER TO GET TO KASTINA SINCE ON MONDAY!!"- Barrister Usman Bello

"WHAT HELL ARE YOU ? YOU ARE A MAD MAN, YOU NEED TO BE CURED BY YOUR OCCULTIC MEMBERS, I CAN SEE THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR BRAIN" - Barrister Harry Brown

"YOU ARE GOING STUPID , ARE YOU OUT OF YOU MIND ? YOU FOOLISH WHITE MONKEY AND YELLOW PIG."- Barrister Isa Usman

www.mustdestroy419.talkspot.com
Safari - 600 Miles from Lagos to Katsina
Mortar x12
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For what it is worth, as a Mac user, I quickly found it irritating. It does not have the functionality of Firefox. To me, it was "Netscape Lite." Granted, I have not used it in over a year since I enjoy Firefox.

With Firefox you get useful add-ons. You can also add Greasemonkey and, literally, direct your Al Gore's Interweb experience.

It also seems the Firefox people update the browser regularly.

One thing Firefox has that made me love it is crash protection. It is hard to crash the latest OS X unless you have a hardware failure. But that does not mean you cannot accidentally screw the Firefox program. However, if you do you can recover everything--including what you were typing in a reply box!

So! You have carefully constructed your responses to crush your opponent in your grip of iron logic and flame! You are pasting in your linkypoos and "PWN3D" and you--particularly have a PC--you "crash."

OHHHNOOOOEEESSS!!!1!!!

Restart the browser and it will ask you if you would like to go back where you last were.

Normally, this would be staring at an emply "Post a Reply" box . . . mocking you . . . like those voices in your head mock you.

You will find your post right up to the point of the "crash."

THAT is enough for me to prefer FF to Safari.

--J.D.

Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Safari is okay on a Mac, because it interfaces smoothly with the other Mac services.
I don't see much point using it on a Windoze machine, though it probably beats IE.
I'm using a Mac and FF and Safari. FF is my preferred scambaiting browser, though...

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
oopsme
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been trying it for the past couple of days and have to say its nothing special. I compare it to some of the mid 90s browsers.

Are you looking up my dress again?
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally prefer firefox as well

I like tabs clapping

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've used Safari on my iMac, but I quickly installed Firefox to replace it.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a Mac user, can I just add NOOOOO!! Safari crashes regularly (well ties itself up with memory problems) - Firefox wins hands down.

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mac user here too and I agree that safari is crap. Firefox and Camino are the way to go.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Gaz
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well, that looks like a resounding "NO!" to that idea..cheers guys! Very Happy

"Also believe in the Nectarines and hail them as my eternal forefathers and universal leaders"- Sir Frederick MacGregor

"THIS NONSENSE ACT OF YOURS HAS CAUSED ME LOOSING UP TO $350 USD ALL TOGETHER TO GET TO KASTINA SINCE ON MONDAY!!"- Barrister Usman Bello

"WHAT HELL ARE YOU ? YOU ARE A MAD MAN, YOU NEED TO BE CURED BY YOUR OCCULTIC MEMBERS, I CAN SEE THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR BRAIN" - Barrister Harry Brown

"YOU ARE GOING STUPID , ARE YOU OUT OF YOU MIND ? YOU FOOLISH WHITE MONKEY AND YELLOW PIG."- Barrister Isa Usman

www.mustdestroy419.talkspot.com
Safari - 600 Miles from Lagos to Katsina
Mortar x12
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^Though first time I saw Shivers new avatar. BWA!HA!HA!HA!

--J.D.

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I told him to change. Embarassed

I like this one much better. Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
URL protocol handlers on the Windows platform work by executing a process with specific command line arguments. When Apple released Safari for the Windows platform they neglected to implement a proper level of input validation for these arguments, which means that you can break out of the intended confines and wreak havoc.

David Maynor at Errata Security reports that "Using publicly available tools we had a DoS in no time."

I'd like to note that we found a totl of 6 bugs in an afternoon, 4 DoS and 2 remote code execution bugs. We have weaponized one of those to be reliable and its diffrent that what Thor has found. The exploit is robust mostly thanks to the lack of any kind of adanced security features in OS X
Shocked

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Which is bad?

Okay, important safety tip: don't cross the beams!

--J. "Ray? When Someone Asks if You're a God . . ." D.

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On a side note I'd advise against Camino 1.5. It crashes more then an Italian taxi driver.

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Ginger Head
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've tried it.

I'm afraid my main problems with it are that it's not the same as firefox, so I'm not exactly being fair on it, but still...

It takes too many clicks to select the full contents of the address bar, the toolbar buttons don't make sense to me (I'm sorry, but the add bookmark button should be the add tab button and I'm not changing my mind), and the close tab button is at the wrong end of the tab. Also I don't like the font on it.

pony pony
viereinsneun
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm happy with FF and the "Open Source" model will ensure it continues to develop nicely.

I did however see a video of the Steve Jobs launch/presentation recently. A couple of nifty features demonstrated - but the main point he made was the speed of the browser. Supposedly twice as quick as IE and about 1.5 times better than FF according to an "independent" evaluation.

Any comments on that?
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^It IS actually nippier then FF, probably cause you can't bloat it with extensions but it just isn't as nice to use. Camino 1.4 is the fastest mac browser I've come across though, leaves both FF and Safari standing.
As for Safari being quicker then IE, again yes a little bit but not twice as fast by any means, Steve Jobs' 'independent tests' probably bear little resemblance to the average persons day to day usage.
If you want the fastest web browsing then Linux is the way forward. Konqueror leaves the Mac and PC browsers standing.

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

williamnorris
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Trouble is that every time Apple give out software for Windows, there are always unwanted registry entries and other crap that clogs up you hard drive. Remember Quicktime (virtually essential for most users on Windows) only available with iTunes... Bastards.

I've heard the browser isn't that great either.

Fake bank kills: 2x United Kingdom

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here for enlightenment...</a>
Ginger Head
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Didn't take long for there to be a need to get their first update out Rolling Eyes

I wonder if this will turn out to have been a PR mistake for them; I always suspect that 95% of the reason Macs and Mac software are 'safe' is that nobody can be bothered playing around with computers and software that relatively nobody has.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's some speed comparisons. A little old now but still interesting
http://lowendmac.com/macdan/05/0214.html

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic