SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

"Please Help Me Out" -- Is this a scammer tactic??

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bigcat1729
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got home from the bar, and decided now was the time to mess with my Nigerian *friends*, and came across this email. (Hey, I ramble when I'm drunk!!) Anyway, is this for real? I tried to look up the IP, and couldn't find anything, it looks like a gmail (i think) IP, but...

Could this be a scammer looking to find out tactics in baiting? Or could this be another baiter?

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.100.5.20 with SMTP id 20cs478363ane;
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:10:11 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.64.213.3 with SMTP id l3mr6383809qbg.1181977810493;
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:10:10 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.65.219.11 with HTTP; Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:10:10 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:10:10 +0100
To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Please Help Me Out
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_44697_30609183.1181977810467"

------=_Part_44697_30609183.1181977810467
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

*This are fraudulent persons that has stolen my money, the sent me a
fraudulent check I belive they are scammers.. They are disturbing my life
via phone and emails. I have placed their information below and I need their
emails closed and phone terminated so they cannot contact me anymore please.
you can also help me report this to the necessary authorities too so that
their scam activities can end. the last email from this people are attached
below.

Scammer Name: Greg White
Tel: 1-403-667-6153
Fax: 1-866-828-1885
Email: **[email protected]* <[email protected]>

James Norman*

*=============================================================*

*To: **[email protected]* <[email protected]>
*Subject: **Have You Sent The Money**
From: "Mr. Greg White" <**[email protected]*<[email protected]>
*> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 15:35:37 +0100 *

*Dear Norman,
Whats is the matter with you, You no longer respond to my mails or even my
calls. I want to know if you have sent the money that i asked you to send to
my laywer.*

*I need you to respond as soon as possible.*

*Thanks*

*Greg White.*

------=_Part_44697_30609183.1181977810467
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

<p><strong>This are fraudulent persons that has stolen my money, the sent me a fraudulent check I belive they are scammers.. They are disturbing my life via phone and emails. I have placed their information below and I need their emails closed and phone terminated so they cannot contact me anymore please. you can also help me report this to the necessary authorities too so that their scam activities can end. the last email from this people are attached below.
<br>&nbsp;<br>Scammer Name: Greg White<br>Tel: 1-403-667-6153<br>Fax: 1-866-828-1885<br>Email: </strong><a href="mailto:[email protected]"><strong>[email protected]</strong></a><br><strong>&nbsp;<br>&nbsp;<br>James Norman</strong>
</p>
<p><strong>&nbsp;</strong></p>
<p><strong>=============================================================</strong></p>
<p><strong>&nbsp;</strong></p>
<p><strong>To: </strong><a href="mailto:[email protected]"><strong>[email protected]</strong></a><br><strong>Subject: **Have You Sent The Money** <br>From: &quot;Mr. Greg White&quot; &lt;</strong><a href="mailto:[email protected]">
<strong>[email protected]</strong></a><strong>&gt;&nbsp; Add to Address Book&nbsp; Add Mobile Alert&nbsp; <br>Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 15:35:37 +0100 </strong></p>
<p><strong>Dear Norman,<br>Whats is the matter with you, You no longer respond to my mails or even my calls. I want to know if you have sent the money that i asked you to send to my laywer.</strong></p>
<p><strong>I need you to respond as soon as possible.</strong></p>
<p><strong>Thanks</strong></p>
<p><strong>Greg White.</strong><br><strong>&nbsp;</strong></p>

------=_Part_44697_30609183.1181977810467--

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

D'oh!! I just looked at the reply addy for this guy, and it is a gmail account, that would explain the IP. (Captain Obvious strikes again....)

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My best guess is that Mr Norman has been scammed and at some stage, got a cc list, which he's now emailing with a warning. At least one of the people on the cc list ([email protected]) is a baiter, methinks. Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
bigcat1729
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just emailed the guy with a simple note:

Dear James,

Can I ask one question, how did you happen to come across my email address? Plus, I'm unsure on what you want you think I can do here. I'm sure I can guide you in the right direction, but a little clarification would be great.

Sincerely,

Tom

I figured that I would email him with something harmless to figure out his intentions. I left it open to go either way, though. At least this way, we can figure out what's going on.

419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I agree. It seems she is a victim that has a misplaced cc. Do you thing a mod should contact her and instruct her what to do since she is a victim after all.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
M1d0r1
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be ...

but I also received this same email but as part of a completely different CC list.

That account has definitely not received anything from the G White email address.
Mad4Maya
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting, I received the exact same email also with a different cc list. Let's see what type of responses we get.

I will like to assure you that this transaction is 100% risk to both parties...Th0mps0n Br0wn
pony pony pony
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

M1d0r1, was G White the lad mentioned in the letter you received, or was it a different lad?

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
M1d0r1
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^

I had the exact same email from same sender warning me about the same person/email address. Only difference was the CC list.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you. Very Happy

I seldom disagree with Eight (she is even wiser than Mr. Fishe) but I'm not so sure this is a victim; It is somebody who doesn't like Greg White, though.

I'm puzzled by the bcc thing. I can see a victim warning people on a Greg White bcc list, but how did he get the email addy's on M1d0r1's list if none of them are in contact with Greg White?

I know, I know, but I seldom get a chance to break out my tinfoil hat.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
M1d0r1
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Relooked at the email.
The addresses are in in the "To" list and not "cc".
Normally, would expect a warning when the lad makes a mistake and doesn't use a BCC list. However as I mentioned, I've not had an email from the warning target.

Most odd. Could be genuine ... will watch with interest from posts that contacted him.
Mad4Maya
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I checked mine again also and the addresses are all in the To: field not the CC field but they are different from the ones in bigcats letter. My initial impression when I read it was that it was from a lad trying to sniff out a baiter or from a BADger. I sent a very generic response. I'll post any reply I get.

I will like to assure you that this transaction is 100% risk to both parties...Th0mps0n Br0wn
pony pony pony
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If Eight and TS don't know than I certainly don't. However, I did notice that Greg White has a "yahoo.ca" address, and the phone number given traces to a Fido Solutions line in Calgary - IIRC, that probably means a cell phone. You do get many, many fake checks sent out of Canada. So this little bit of evidence suggests that Greg White really is a fake check printer, and may well have sent a fake check to James Norman.

That leads me to agree with Eight that James is a real victim, and Greg was the check printer. I don't know of many ways that James could have gotten all those email addresses, particularly since he seems to have several batches that you wouldn't reasonably expect to have come from the same accidental CC: list. My suggestion would be to not open any attachment you get from James.

I don't believe lads try to "sniff out" baiters - they just drop you if they don't trust you.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
bigcat1729
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know, I'm kinda new to this, but something still strikes me as funny. The only thing that I can honestly think of is maybe James got our names off of a guestbook, in hopes of finding someone who could help. But then again, maybe it's some *smart* mugu who's trying something new.

I haven't gotten a response yet, but I'd really like to see what this guy is really about.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic