SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Sagittarius Financial?

View next topic
View previous topic

shameless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How about Sagittarius Financial? Has anyone heard of them and are they a scam? Raymond Hamson is the name I have heard from
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a post here about that, Shameless:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66220

Can you post the scam mail so that we can look at it?

I'm making this it's own thread.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
shameless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are certified loan lender, and offer secured loans to individuals and companies at low interest. We offer long and short term loans. Our firm has recoreded a lot of breakthroughs in the provision of first class financial services to our clients especially in the area of Loan syndication and capital provision for individuals and companies.

WE have brought ailing industries back to live and we back good buisness ideas by providing funds for their upstart. We have a network of Investors that <SGT> are qilling to provide funds of whatever amount discreetly in individuals and organizations to start business and operations.

We also recruit Agents to assist our client companies to receive payments for their goods and servies. In our bid to be useful to you, please tell us which area that you wish us to be of service to you.

Kindly respond immediately to this email: [email protected]
after we shall speak
Tel:-+2348067527741.

Looking forward to your reply.
Truly yours,
Raymond L. Hamson

I can receive an $80,000.00 loan for about $1600.oo per month for 60 months with 5% interest per year and so far, no upfront fee is being requested.
Let me know what you think.
Shameless
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The recruiting part of it is a check scam. They send you a bad check, you deposit/cash it and send them 90% of the money, keeping 10% as your pay. Then you pay the bank 100% back when the check bounces.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Shameless, here is some further reading on how this type of scam works, see text and example images on this page:

http://www.banksafeonline.org.uk/moneymule_explained.html

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, Shameless. Very Happy

I think Pfeisty from the other thread has a better idea about the loan scam portion of this than I do, but I bet you that there would be processing fees involved in this somewhere before the victim ever got the "loan".

Other members may be able to explain how that part works.

Then you also have this bit, which I'm more familar with:

Quote:
We also recruit Agents to assist our client companies to receive payments for their goods and servies. In our bid to be useful to you, please tell us which area that you wish us to be of service to you.

That is a standard 'fake check/representative' scam. The victim would receive a check or moneyorder, supposedly a payment from a client, and deposit the check into their account. He or she would keep a percentage, usually 5 to 7%, and wire the remainder back to the lad.

The check would be counterfeit or stolen and eventually the victim will be held responsible for the overdraft fees and possibly face prosecution for fraud. By this time, of course, the lad has moved on to another victim.

edit: I forgot that SP was logged on....plus I'm wordy before my coffee. Laughing

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As others have said, this is 100% scam, Shameless. Run, don't walk, away from this "loan". There will be "fees", and you will never see a dime of your supposed loan. Take another look at the email you received. How many financial companies do business with a free yahoo email address and Nigerian mobile phone number?

Read here for some stories of victims of this kind of scam:
http://www.directlendingsolutions.com/scams-using-western-union.htm

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
shameless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new here so bear with me. I received new loan offers. One from Mr. Blair James of Private Loan Investments Inc and one from Mr. Xavier Ricardo Ricardo Loans in Spain. It is scary how many of these scams are out there and if a person does not check these companies out, could really get hurt. Are there any private money loans out there that are legitimate? Thanks for all of the replies. They have been very imformative and helpful.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Are there any private money loans out there that are legitimate?

Not if it isn't going through an accredited financial institution such as a bank, mortgage company, or credit union, and they will certainly never email an unsolicited offer.

As for being new- we all were, once. Very Happy
Thank you for asking your question. That's one of the reasons we're here.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Franc28
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Prosper.com offers private loans at well under bank rates. I know because a friend of mine has financed his new scooter with it. The Internet has given us this power.

Fighting the forces of censorship and getting his sig deleted by admins since 1989.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent example, Franc28 Very Happy

Let's look at prosper.com- these are the things you should should check for, Shameless, and what you should expect to find with a legitimate financial entity:

Ignore all the fluffy stuff at the top; that just says the same types of things that credit unions do. The meat is at the bottom of the page.

First you have the Verisign seal. If you click the verify button, a little window pops up telling you that www.prosper.com has been issued an SSL certificate in the company name of Prosper Marketplace, Inc. I always go to verisign.com and verify an SSL claim through their website

It is difficult (nigh impossible) to fraudulently obtain an SSL cert and you will seldom see a fake site that has been issued a genuine one.

Looking further along the bottom of the page you will see the State Licenses and Lending Limits section.

Again, you don't want to take the sites word for whether or not they are licensed, but need to track down the issuing authority's website. Any legitimate financial or lending institution has to be authorized by whatever governing body handles these types of businesses, regardless which country they claim to be in or if they are strictly an internet business or have physical offices.

Out of the list on the link I posted, I chose California. If you go here:
http://search.dre.ca.gov/integrationaspcode/IntLookup.aspx and plink in the corporation name, Prosper Marketplace, Inc, you will see that they are indeed authorized to lend money legally.

These are two things that you can easily verify- any site that doesn't have this info or that you can't verify the info through the regulating authority's website is fake.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
shameless
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have another questionable email I received for a loan. It is from a Keith Scott and Micheal J. Smith Financial Services 396 Marborough Rd
Swindon Wiltshire SN3 1NP UK
www.mjsfinancialservices.com. They will loan me a very large amount and only make me pay once a year but give them upfront monies incase i should not pay them. I have emailed them back several times with different questions and terms and they do keep emailing me back. Just curious to see if anyone else has had any dealings or email from this company
JoeM
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They will always ask you for an advance fee to cover some fee and then you'll never hear from them again.

The current loan-lad I'm baiting used this line to try and trick me to pay:

As stated by the approval directorates,the cost for your loan approval is $320,you will have to send this fee as soon as possible so that your loan can be approved and transfered to you urgently.

No legit financial company will ever send unsolicited mails out. It's a scam.

HYIP: pyramid pyramid pyramid
Fake sites: 3x Ivory Coast 3x United Kingdom 1x Ireland 1x Cayman Islands 1x China 1x Israel 1x Cambodia Flag 1x Netherlands
Closed lad accounts
[Click here to support 419Eater.com]
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The site is fake. Bad design, 1 year registration, login goes nowhere, most of the "outlet locations" have info like:
Quote:
London Store
London Store
London,London
United Kingdom
Phone: N/A

and the top 2 entries in the "Canada" locations are for video rental stores. The third phone number tracks to Jv Energy Services Limited, a company that makes generators.

@shameless, this is yet another scam. ANY company that sends out unsolicited mail offering loans, esp at "too good to be true" interest rates or payment schedules is a scam.

[Edit]- Adding site to DB. I'll start a new topic to get this site killed.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star

Last edited by SlayerFaith on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shameless, if you want a loan I would encourage you to walk into your nearest credit union or bank and ask for one.

None of these emails and websites will result in anything other than you being stolen from.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shameless:

Any legitimate loan will not require you to pay fees upfront unless you specifically want to pay "points" to reduce your interest rate. Any legitimate loan company is going to have you pay them monthly if not weekly depending on your credit rating. Also if you have to pay any "points" it would only be paid at the same time you are signing the papers and receiving your loan check.

You are not going to get some too good to be true loan offer via an unsolicitied e-mail.... you know better than that.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic