SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Trousers Trial -- Judgment is now in...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, this blogger for the WaPo is really doing a bang-up job in covering this circus. He's very funny. Laughing

You can support the dry cleaners by donating to their fund:

http://www.customcleanersdefensefund.com/

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aside from being recently divorced, word is that the narcissistic judge is now financially strapped. Maybe self representation wasn't by choice. I doubt any of those plaintiff attorneys would take this on contingency.

Edit: Glad to see the attorneys policing their own. The American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, filed an ethics complaint against Pearson with the D.C. Bar.

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony

Last edited by Bustyn_Yuhrass on Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Luther Blissett wrote:
What's wrong with these judges? One sues for his pants, the other one is taking off his pants!? Shocked

The CK pants judge was acquitted earlier this week.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good news.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A win for reality, and the judge has to cough up the costs, excellent!

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope the Chungs are awarded their attorney fees too.

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone know in NY if "costs" includes attorney fees? In the state where I practice "costs" specifically does NOT include attorney fees. I have not read many articles about this case, but this asshat needs to get hit with attorney fees and everything.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The article explains about the costs:
Quote:
The court costs amount to just over $1,000 for photocopying, filing and similar expenses, according to the Chungs' attorney. A motion to recover the Chungs' tens of thousands of dollars in attorney fees will be considered later.

The dry cleaners' lawyer said:
Quote:
Judge Bartnoff has chosen common sense and reasonableness over irrationality and unbridled venom.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thaks 8.... did not read the article obviously.

I hope that they get the attorney fees out of this jerk.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Mortar x8
callum
Director of Press Relations

Location: On the run from the asylum and this seems like a good place to hide. Blend right in...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheGreatOok wrote:
Just read some warnings on packages, they are on there because someone did that.

Except in the case of some badly translated items from asia Laughing

x 2 teeny part of a large effort Mortar x29 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x5
Trolling is usually symptomatic of bad character, mental problems or ugliness - RIP Jock_2009
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And he may not get his Judge job back! clapping clapping Thumbs up

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He really did have a fool for a client!

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a classic case of:

It's not my fault that I'm stupid. Someone should pay me.
shuntbuzz
Illeterate pinhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Perfect opportunity to get some lads holding up signs taking the p*ss out of him Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Mortar x7
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I read the 23 page opinion. Aside from the technicalities, it's quite clear that this judge is mentally unstable. According to the presiding Judge, it's quite possible the plaintiff judge never even brought the pants he said he lost to the cleaners. His son had borrowed 4 of his suits when the judge didn't need them and who knows if HE lost them....

In any event, there is no question this guy will end up paying legal fees. The opinion also mentions the judge's divorce and how he stretched that out as well with frivolous motions and positions. He's a real winner.

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At least some sanity remains in US litigation law!

The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:
I read the 23 page opinion.

Got a link? I'd love to read it.

Mortar x8
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem here is not just the crazy plaintiff. The problem is also that the defense counsel has allegedly run up a bill for "tens of thousands of dollars" in legal fees. Now, I ask, in what rational, sane world do you spend "tens of thousands" defending such a frivolous claim? And what did this defense attorney do to generate that level of billings? Take ten depositions? Geez. We defend small claims type lawsuits all the time, and this one should have been defended for a fraction of that amount.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Weeeellll, to be fair, if someone were suing me for that many million over a few pair of trousers, I would definitely want my lawyer to depose anyone and his brother who could make sure the judge ruled in my favor. I wouldn't call this a typical small claims case.

If the nutjob plaintiff sent enough time-wasters to the defending attorney, I could see where that would add up, too.

And news articles have been known to inflate numbers.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know what you are saying, Mrs.Bean, but what if the plaintiff had prevailed? Realistically, the judgment would have been $100 or $200 or whatever. A judgment of $54 million is (a) like lightning striking; and (b) would be reversed on appeal.

This was basically a small claims court matter with an outlandish damages prayer.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe the tens of thousands include the restraining order.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Chungs will not see a penny. Sad Pearson will appeal the decision and then the award. He's got no income and no prospects for a job. This asshat has no assets and will be on general relief before the appeals are over.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He ought to be out of a job and lose his law license forever. I can see it being $10,000 to defend this claim. In reading some of the news accounts Pearson was pretty abusive in his discovery. He listed 27 witnesses that would testify that the cleaners lost or damaged their property. The Judge limited him to 5 in the pre-trial order. I assume all 5 were deposed pre-trial.

Mortar x8
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dang... I think my Grandfather (a lawer then a judge) was rolling in his grave at the beginning of this.. I can imagine what would happen if the asshat had won.. Grandpa would probably come back to life just to bitch slap both of them... Twisted Evil

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, $10,000 is nothing for a case that goes to a 2-day trial. If the crazy plaintiff is going to try to call 27 witnesses, then you need to prepare and know what those witnesses are going to say. If you think the plaintiff is going overboard with his pre-trial discovery, then you have to file motions to try to rein him in. Either way, it costs money. You can't just walk into the trial empty-handed.

However, given that the Chungs' fees may be recoverable is something of a silver lining (assuming of course that this idiot can afford to pay).

Anyway, here is a link to the WSJ Law Blog which has a good run-down and links to the Order and Opinion.

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic