SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

She/he? wants me to send a letter of invitation

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Zteef
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry I havent been very active since my last post but I have just moved house and have a lot to do.
Anyway: since I`ve been in contact with this particular person I have become suspicious about the gender . She keeps projecting onto a brother and almost never calls me honey or hun and now she wants me to send her a letter inviting her `brother` and his friend to come join me in England. She sent some details to my hotmail account.
I really dont know what to think about this one so ideas would be welcome.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's something that actually happens in the US, I know for a fact. My wife and I sent one to this friend of hers to help her get a US visa. We sent details of our planned trip and said that we would furnish any needed support during the trip and insure that she departed within the time that she was allowed to stay in the country.

So making a request like that doesn't prove she isn't real, but that's also something a scammer could do, and if she is a scammer you inviting her brother and maybe giving your government an enforceable claim against you for his support is probably worse than being scammed out of some money.

Now, that's on the assumption that you think she might be real, if this is a bait, I wouldn't do it for sure. You don't want to involve a letter essentially to your government in any bait.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So stall, it's normal that you ad a copy of their passport to that letter and a copy of their birth certificate, you’ll be needing those to begin with and they should be the same size as the original of course, a real copy. If you like those and they are real then you can still decide what to do with it. But the way it sounds to me you'll need another penpal.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanx for the feedback guys.
The last time I was conntacted by this person,I Let them know that I was suspicious that they were merely projecting a false gender and that seeds had been planted in my mind and that any further favours from me would be predicated on proof of identity(ie photo`s etc), she protested her innosence went offline and I havent had a peep sinse.
Do you think it possible that this person thinks they have been rumbled and has given up on me as a source of favours?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, you're back!
As you didn't play the willing victim, they have no further use for you and are now "talking" to someone else to get the needed papers to come to XXX-land, it might have been a guy from the beginning, you'll never know. Nothing is what it seems to be.
Hey, I met my wife on the internet(11 years), so all is possible, but you have to use the grey matter a bit to figure out what or who you’re dealing with.

If you think you have a few hours of spare time a week and you like fooling with the computer, you might stay a member and sign up for a mentor on the help forum sticky's. Question
It is a rough crowd here, but you'll find a few that think a like and have some fun for a good cause and learn something about computer safety, new countries and the way people are “run” by other people.
I joined less than a year ago, learned to type “English” a bit faster and lots of new words, made some friends and can better decide if things are what they are or just seem to be too good to be true. My grandkids don’t go for scams and don’t give their name or any info to strangers, on or off the internet. So it works both ways and is fun to do.

Think about it, we could use a few new friends here.

CU

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic