SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419/job scams in my local paper today

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found this article in my local paper today. There are strong business connections between the Gulf and Nigeria, so this should come as a timely warning...

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=153110&version=1&template_id=36&parent_id=16

Quote:
Residents cautioned against fake Nigerian job offersPublished: Monday, 4 June, 2007, 06:20 AM Doha Time

Olu Jimoh Millar
By Noimot Olayiwola
OFFERS of lucrative jobs in the Nigerian oil, gas and other sectors have to be taken with the proverbial pinch of salt, a leading member of the Nigerian community has said.
Olu Jimoh Millar, president of Dohanaija, the Nigerian community organisation, told Gulf Times that �unscrupulous people� operating from Nigeria have given a bad name to the country, and cautioned Doha residents to be careful while responding to such offers.
�Many people here, a majority of them Asians, have been receiving these job offers and many other proposals,� he said.
�Somebody told me the other day he has been offered a job in a hotel in Abuja. Another one said he has been offered a job as a doctor in Kano, both cities in Nigeria.
�These people are lured with big salaries, but the �recruiting agents� always ask the candidates to send something like $1,500 for the immigration and visa charges.
�The candidates are asked to send the money, mostly through the Western Union. Once they receive the amount, either the agents will sever the communication lines or they will ask for more, citing one reason or other,� Millar said.
�I do not want Nigeria to be known as a country of fraudsters and criminals and that is why I want to caution the people to be wary of any offer coming from people in Nigeria, may it be jobs or transfer of funds or any such proposal.�
�We need to inform people in order to save them from falling into the hands of these unscrupulous few, who are all out to give a bad name to the rest of the Nigerians,� he added.
On the forum Dohanaija, he said the organisation helped Nigerians in Qatar, mostly those who faced immigration problems. According to him, many Nigerians coming to Qatar on visit or tourist visas were not familiar with the laws of the host country.
�So when they do arrive here, some of these people either do not have enough money or they have come here on the wrong visas, which do not entitle them to work.�
Millar said not only foreigners but Nigerians themselves were victims of unscrupulous operators back home. �These men collect money for procuring Qatari visas but they some times provide people with the wrong kind of visas,� he said.

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Angry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be interesting to see if you could bait these guys, but I imagine they expect that you either come or you don't.

Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Job scammers are baitable. Mostly they are fake cheque/representative scams, but there's also the old "Omni Hotels" "money for visa & work permit" scam and a variety of others...

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
�I do not want Nigeria to be known as a country of fraudsters and criminals...

I think that ship has already sailed...

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic