SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How good are these Vlads?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
spoilsport
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know that Nigerians 99% of the time don't even know what an IP is, but what about vlads?

Can they look it up? Will they make use of it?
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vlads are generally much smarter then lads (but not always) they are more tech savvy and likely to know about IP's which is why it's best to bait them from an IP stripping email addy. The are also a bugger to get of script which is a bugger. Quite frankly they can be a bit boring.
If you try going for safari's or trophies then chances are they will just drop you.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you can put up with the boredom of the scripts for a few weeks then once they ask for money is when the fun begins.
If you have a number of baits going at the same time then there is less boredom as there is always some fun to had while you waist their time getting special pics for you and the odd dash down to their local WU or MG office. Evil or Very Mad

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vlads tend to use automated scamming techniques, so they don't check your IP address as far as I'm aware. And yes, baiting vlads is less like making love to a beautiful woman and more like watching paint dry to start, but if you stick with it you can get some great results and some pretty good trophies too.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@wayne
We've seen some of yours Laughing
Some of mine I know are terrible wigs, the same body and background, although they are getting better Crying or Very sad

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, most Vlads aren't going to check for IPS.
They're too busy handling hundreds of victims, per identity. It's bulk or 'shotgun' operation. I'm sure they start with hundreds of potential victims per identity, some fall off, and when they're down to a mere 10-20 for that identity, on that email cycle, they'll put more effort into it and look a bit closer. That's probably 'money time' anyway....

Since most of our Vlads are groups of 4-5 men with several computers, they're probably attempting to scam thousands of victims at a time.
I dunno...with 'TB!' maybe they can easily have 20 separate identities per PC, with one operator overseeing it? Multiply that by 3-4 computers, and 4-5 gang members......you have a massive amount of potential victims.

Even with the automated methods and scripts, how many different identities can one person take care of in a normal work day????

I think 15-20 would be a full time job for one person.....500 or 1000 incoming emails a day.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Ethian
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well can't we set up an auto-reply to them as well? We're not supposed to invest much time into the guys, and well, pasting my chemistry texts 100 times does take me way too much time. Is that Bat! free, or is there something we can do to handle >10 baiter identities as well? Just wondering Smile

Closed lad accounts
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TB! is anything from $25-65, but you can look at Becky! or mPOP for cheaper (and free) alternatives. The problem with trying that approach though is that scripts tend to be different lengths, so if one only has 6 emails in their script then they're likely to rumble the act something's wrong pretty quickly and drop you. You only waste their time of you can get them off script.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic