SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Caught?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Con Dom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to all concerned if this is not the place to post this.

Just a question, have any of you actually ever been caught out by the authorities? If so what we're the consequence's? Or even if there is any one really policing this?

I'm not worried about the scammers them self as I have read some of your posts about the worst they can do is die you, dead you (they give you 7 days notice thats fair I think), turn you into a mermaid (or the daughter of Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes ) threaten, scream, yell, make huge arse text and if they actually turn up on my door well then my luck has changed Embarassed Laughing
Laughing Sorry done a bit of a search and didn't find any thing.

Just wondering what the repercussions are?

Thanks in advance.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good Question CD.

I don't think we are actually doing anything wrong,(other than setting up email accounts/web spaces in false names which is exactly what the scammers do).
After all we are just responding to THIER emails, They contacted us. We are not trying to profit from them.

So I don't think the authorities would be bothered to find an offense to charge us with.

However there is bound to be someone who can answer you definitively.

Step forward whoever you are.....
Death
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What we do is 109.73% risky free.

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone

United States x3 (fake phonelad websites)

United States

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (martins ehis)
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What you do is send a Western Union payment to the relvant FBI member, who can conveniently make your problems disappear. At least thats what I did.

Oh hang on... you don't think that was actually a lad do you???
Con Dom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I actually thought the same as you PVJ, no one is doing any thing wrong but you never know.

Another thought I had was like with one baiter's scam about the hand written books and some of the story's could you actually advertise them on say Ebay? Auction them off (printed copies of course, I am sure they would bring a good price so many people have been done by them on these types of sites) and say the winning bidder makes their payment to the charity of their choice. Is this legal?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Just a question, have any of you actually ever been caught out by the authorities?

Doing what ? - replying to e-mails. Laughing Laughing I don't believe that is a crime yet, and the first ones to complain, if it were, would be the scammers.

The only significant difference between me and a victim is that I don't believe a word they tell me. If you are saying that victims should be more co-operative and never inconvenience a scammer in any way maybe you'd have a point, but the world is not yet that insane.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Con Dom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Contrary to what my post implies (I didn't mean it as any one here was doing any thing wrong), I personally believe you all do a fantastic job and should be congratulated.

My second thought on it about selling things on E-bay was putting some of this stolen money back where it belongs, if not back to the owner be put to some good use. Laughing

Last edited by Con Dom on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Foss wrote:
Oh hang on... you don't think that was actually a lad do you???

If it was to www.fbi.yahoo.uk, then it was totally legit.

--J.D.

Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a good friend who is a detective in my local police force. He is aware of the sort of stuff I do, and apart from enjoying our work immensely, he says that there is virtually zero chance of getting into trouble, for run-of-the-mill scambaiting, other than perhaps being advised not to do it for safety reasons.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't think of a single thing that we do that is even legally questionable, much less against the law. This is, of course, assuming that no one is cash-baiting (I'm certainly not). All we're doing is writing emails. No money is actually changing hands. We're not asking for money, we're usually pretending to try to send it to them. One might question whether the church baits walk the line, since we ask them to perform services for which they are expecting to get paid...but keep in mind that those payments are stated as donations. The stuff they do is not actually work for which they should be paid, but rituals they perform of their free will ostensibly to join a church. Naturally they wouldn't be doing them if they didn't think there was money to be had, but the money is always spoken of as a donation, not a paycheck.

The only exception where I see any grey area in is receiving artwork from them, such as paintings or hand-written books. That might get legally fuzzy if it has been made clear to the lad that he is going to be paid for his work; hence, it can be viewed as akin to commissioning artwork. But even so, I think the likelihood of there ever being any kind prosecution is, truly, nil. The fact is that these scammers contacted US, with CLEARLY illegal activities and provable intent (based on their original scam email). Not to mention these lads have likely been doing this for a long time and have more than enough criminal activitiy in their history that none of them would want ANY involvement with law enforcement, much less trying to prosecute some wealthy (in their eyes) American or European for a crime worth, comparatively to theirs, pennies.

Hey, we can't even get THEM arrested. Who is going to arrest US?

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Cachuma

Very well put. However on the subject of artwork, if there ever was a distant and very faint line that was crossed, it would surely be covered by the very explicit and often near-impossible standards the picture or carving was meant to turn out like. Ask a lad for an ultra specific piece and pick a fault when it arrives. If your playing it right, your mugu should never have a leg to stand on as he is not providing the item as you clearly described to him, and lets face it, when do Mugu's ever get it spot on ?

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
frankireland
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

good answer Cachuma. The lads are not likely to make any formal police complaints are they? Wink

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
Kdrive
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The lads are not likely to make any formal police complaints are they

Ya never know...I've seen people on Cops tell the police someone didn't pay them for the crack they just sold Laughing
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Renegade-Masterclass: good point. Which just reinforces the point that the likelihood of one of us scambaiters getting in any legal hot water is about as likely as one of those lads actually sending us a consignment worth US$12 million! Laughing

smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LMFAO ^^^^

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You know, when I first joined, I think that there was an actual Police Officer who was a member here...

We weren't allowed to touch it or speak to it, and it didn't move much but I'm sure it was alive because I've seen it post on occasion Wink

Mod comment: Are you sure? I thought this was pure speculation. Laughing TS
cartmansucks
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If......... for example, you were to tell a lad, for example of course (cough cough) that if he were to make you some ornaments, pictures etc, and you deceived him into doing it knowing that you were not going to pay/play ball with him, then you may be treading on thin ice. But he is hardly likely to complain, although what KDrive says is true. I have heard heard of the same.

The moneybaiting is you falling through the ice. You are then pretty much doing what they are doing. But because they are low-life, then is it okay? (Rhetorical question) Don't want to say too much, but if anyone wants to PM me, i'll be happy to pass bits on/explain myself.

Mr. Green
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^I agree that cash baiting is crashing through the ice. And it's been expressed in no uncertain terms on this site that it is not promoted or sanctioned by anyone involved in 419eater.

As for the likelihood of any scambaiter ever being taken to task legally for anything, really, it ain't gonna happen. The comparison with crackheads complaining to the cops is that they are complaining to a law enforcement agency that actually has jurisdiction over the crack thieves. (And...did the cops actually go after the crack thieves?)

Who are the lads gonna complain to? Do you think any law enforcement agency in freaking NIGERIA are going to contact law enforcement in the US over some mugu getting baited into sending artwork that he never got paid for? And even if, in some alternate reality, some Nigerian cop did, do you think that the cops over here might...just...um...LAUGH at him?

This is a fun discussion, tho!

cartmansucks
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree ^^ but in the UK, the Police are sometimes tightly governed whereby if someone (in theory) made a complaint, it would normally have to be investigated. Even if no charges were brought, it's still a bit of a pain in the arse.
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Then the UK police have too much free time.

Give them guns.

--J.D.

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

But surely you'd have to be extradited to stand trial in Nigeria or wherever. Somehow can't see any Western government agreeing to send one of it's citizens to be tried in one of the most corrupt countries on the planet on the word of a 419'er, no matter how bored the cops/government are.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Plus, who are the mugus going to complain about? "I was comissioned to create some artwork by Seymour Butts..." Laughing

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Anita Hardcok made me carve a penis out of soap, and then didn't pay me for it..."
"Ima Buttmunch ordered two paintings of cowbells, and never paid me..."
"I built a pyramid out of sandbags for Pastor Harry Ballz, but I never got the money for it..."

Laughing Laughing Laughing

AlphonseTheFrog
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not concerned. If I am ever sued in Nigeria, I can retain the services of several famous barristers that I've corresponded with.

I believe that you ate also sending emails like this to others as well intimidiating them!!! I can't fear you -- Fidelity Security Company
BAAAAAAAAASTAAAARD CHOP MOTHER THEIR. U DONT KNOW BIZ... ANIMAL BEING...... -- Goodluck Obi
i known that you are an african man so you dey hear meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? murther fucking dick heard -- Graham Hoffman
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I agree, most of us "know" several high up officals or their offspring. I have the personal email addresses of Chuck Saludo and several Barristers in Nigeria and other nations. I would be glad to share if anyone has need for such services. Just PM me... Laughing Laughing Shocked

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic