SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Earthquakes

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just had two shocks in Southern Calif. Feels about 3.0. Quick shocks not rolling. We'll see if these are pre shocks or the main one.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ohhh errrrr Shocked They do say the West Coast is long overdue for a big one. We had a very odd earthquake here a couple of months ago. No shaking or broken china - just a huge BANG, almost like a sudden explosion. Weird.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They are always using the overdue line. Could be tomorrow or 200 years from now. What ever.

Web page shows it around Devore near the desert. Only 3.8.

"To Serve Man"
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Didn't feel them here, but I'm pretty far from Devore. I would love to live in Ridgecrest, earthquakes almost daily there Laughing

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wellington, NZ's pretty active on the earthquake front,
One night, not long after we first moved over here, smallperson's asleep in bed when the bed starts shaking like a scene from the Exhorsist.
Daughter shouts : Mum, what's happening?"
Me (as I go into her room to keep her calm) "It's an earthquake babe, not a biggy, nothing to be afraid of"
Her "Weeee...It's like a roller coaster ride..."

Kids. They'll have fun anywhere...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Pretty Rose

pony
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We occasionally have shocks here in UKland, but nothing like on the scale of elsewhere in the world.

Earthquakes are very much like making love to a beautiful woman in the kitchen...the earth moves and some crockery gets broken in the process.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing
The ruckus is because your lady is trying to get away from you.
Its the smell! You know, dirty underwear.

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
Wellington, NZ's pretty active on the earthquake front

I used to work in Caltex Tower, 17 floors above Lambton Quay in Wellington, and that was exciting in an earthquake. Apparently they had big bearings down in the basement on which the building rocked, and up on the 17th floor you could see the building moving in relation to the building next door. Sometimes it seemed as if the two building were 10 feet or so away from normal, suppose that would be a horizontal difference of 5 feet in each building.

Lately the small town of Matata quite near where I live has had a swarm of earthquakes, over 700 have been recorded since November 2006. This follows a swarm of over 1000 earthquakes there in 2005. In this latest swarm there have been 50 over magnatude 3 and 5 over magnatude 4. Matata is only about 15 km away from the site of the 1987 magnatude 6.1 earthquake at Edgecumbe.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@DrWho

Did you get the earthquake's IP? Wink
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A lot of people don't associate earthquakes with New Zealand when it's one of the most seizmically (sp?) active areas in the world. All those hot springs, especially on the North Island should be a clue. We visited Napier last year which was pretty much destroyed by a 7.8 earthquake in 1931 killing some 250 people. The upside is that the town was rebuilt and now has some of the best preserved examples of art deco architecture in the world. It's a great place and well worth a visit.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a 6. something near Tahoe about 10 years ago. Started out as a roller, then went to jackhammer mode. Flipped me out of bed. Funny as I grew up in the SFO area, and missed out on Loma Prieata, and others.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Logar
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
Quote:
Earthquakes are very much like making love to a beautiful woman in the kitchen...
I would like to bring up a bit of earthquake trivia. About 30 years ago, when I was just starting out in the Met Service, we had to send out seismic bulletins. Back then we had to send them out over a teletype (a pre-computer method of sending information). The bulletins had to have a header at the start of the transmission. The heading for seismic activity was SEXX, followed by a circuit number, and then a hub identification. For example: SEXX 06 EGRR
Even meteorologists can can have sense of humour (sometimes).

Kills: United States x2 United Kingdom x2 Netherlands x3 Spain
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Closed lad accounts x142
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@KD: No. Apparently the earth has been reading this forum.

"To Serve Man"
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Earthquakes are like making love to a beautiful woman on a washing machine with an unbalanced load in the spin cycle. Wink
Joe

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog

Last edited by JoeTam on Fri May 25, 2007 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hold onto your avatars, for those forum readers shall steal them to give pride of place elsewhere Smile

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Goat dog
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>The UK has its fair share of (luckily) relatively small earthquakes. The last one in Folkestone, Kent, last month, resulted in one woman suffering a neck injury. Shocked Some heavy duty property damage did �1M worth of improvements to the southern coastal town Very Happy ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6602677.stm

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I well remember our quakes of 2002. I was on the 6th floor of an office building at the time - felt like the whole building moved several feet to the left. Almost spilled my coffee. Rolling Eyes

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

During an aftershock of the Tahoe quake, at work in a small, but long office, the entire room twisted. It's strange to see the door go 10 degrees off vertical. It's even stranger to see your 250 pound boss bash through the door in an escape attempt. Of course, I was right behind him. I have never seen a room twist quite like that before. West, east room, with waves coming in from the Southwest.

Goat dog
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JoeTam wrote:
... strange to see the door go 10 degrees off vertical. ...

Not earthquake, but have been on a Navy destroyer in a heavy storm at sea, and was everything was more than 10 degrees out of line Very Happy

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

But the back of the room 40 feet away was still vertical. Torque and twist. The building was making some very creepy sounds too, metal on metal.

Goat dog
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic