SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

New modality-Junk files full of "Valuable" info

View next topic
View previous topic

Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been sending out at intervals, an excel file full of fake names, address, credit cards, bank balances, etc. made to look like I ASEM'ed my businesses' info. It is around 900K in length, and if they wanted to try and do something with it, well, it would easily take up more time than by just downloading it. It contains 3000 customers' names, addresses, ss#'s, credit card numbers, Bank balances, etc. It looks like valuable sensitive data! Of course all of it is from a big file ordered from Fakenamegenerator.com The visas and M/Cs will check out as proper format but totally bogus. I removed the phone numbers because the mugu could check those out too quickly. Any thoughts or ideas? I will be uploading it for anyone else to use soon.

Latest edit: I have changed the file to include all mosspilled nomes LOL. I swapped the a's and o's and a consonant or 2, now it looks just like ladnames !! LOL LOL

If anyone thinks the street names need to be misspelled, just copy the selected columns to a new file, save it as a .csv file, open it in word, use search and replace, save it, open it with excel, and paste it back !

Last edited by Herb Sewell on Tue May 22, 2007 2:46 am; edited 2 times in total
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It will give the scammers lots more material to create false identities for scamming people. I wouldn't do it if I were you.
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I doubt it. Anybody can come up with a fake name.

It might be interesting to see what comes out of this. Just play it by ear and you might be able to pick up an interesting bait.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^
That just give me a good idea, change all the names to misspellings !
edit: Done, now with all misspelled names !!!

Thanks for the input guys, that was just the kind of ideas I was looking for. Thanks hacker9 !!

http://putstuff.putfile.com/80762/9674448

Last edited by Herb Sewell on Tue May 22, 2007 2:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Bucky
Master Baiter

Location: Knocking back a cold brew with my buddy, Charles Soludo

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like an interesting modality. Could drive the lads crazy -- thinking they've found a gold mine only to discover there's nothing to them. I'd be interested in hearing how this goes....

I have never experience such humiliation that you have given me. I am very bitter with you. - Dr Luke [email protected]

Well, the moneygram payment officer as usual rained insult and abuses on me. - Dr. G0dwin 0boh

I think you are a madman who used people for a game. - Pilot [email protected] Jumbo
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I just re-edited it to include misspelled mothers maiden names. Even if you are on the fence with this idea, DL it and take a look, it looks like a "Gold Mine" as Bucky put it !!
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm very, very, very leery of including anything like a valid-seeming credit card number. Even testing numbers. There are a number of smaller business websites that ONLY check that the card number is a valid format, not that it is a valid card.

And believe it or not, I once reversed two segments of my own credit card number when making a hotel reservation. At a nice, fancy resort hotel, in fact. They not only didn't take notice that my name didn't match the card holder, they went ahead and charged my room deposit to the poor schnook who actually held the card. If I had not called to straighten it out, they wouldn't have realized it until either 1) I checked in, (maybe) or 2) the real cardholder disputed the charge. Moral being that credit card checks are not always as stringent as the online forms and businesses would have you believe.

It's also my understanding after a little poking around about merchant accounts that some businesses may pay a per transaction charge for processing any and all attempted card charges, depending on the deal they have with their bank. Including, in some cases, testing transactions. I would tend to get rather ticked off if I were one of those businesses and some lad decided to try out this Giant List Of Testing Card Numbers on my website in an effort to screw me out of an expensive electronic thingie, thereby costing me money for those processing attempts.

Fake names are definitely not a problem, but even testing CC's feel a little hinky.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic