SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Favorite Type of Scam to Bait?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Zwolle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a newbie, I'm just baiting anything that comes along. Is there one particular type of scammer that's especially easy? Any that are especially hard?

I don't know if I should be after lottos, check mules, dead relatives, lovers, or what.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Z:

I am relatively new, I have taken on several different modalities of scams. Totally straight baiting just to see what each one is like. Then from there I think you can determine what you want to do.

I don't really think there is that much difference between them once you get down to it. The first few e-mails are just fluff to get you sucked in to pony up the cash. Once you get past those it is all the same really.

The lotto lads are more of a quick hit kind of a thing I would think though... but I have only baited one of those and he twigged on me fairly early in the game.

As for which style is easier, I am not sure it is a style, it depends on the lad behind the bait.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are just starting out, chose any. It doesn't really matter. Just bait it "straight" (ie no wierd stuff, just dragging it out asking a lot of questions). Just learn the ins & outs of responding to them. It will help immensely when you do start to get a little far out with schemes.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If I had to pick one, I would say the easiest scam to bait is the dead relative fortune. I have found that many of the scammers using that modality are generally new to the game and more willing to put up with your bullshit. The more advanced scams like check mules, lottery, and wash-wash are generally done by more advanced scammers like vlads. I would suggest that newbies stay away from vlads untill they get the hang of things.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not really hard to know what I scambait..

hint: puppy scammers

Laughing
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it depends.

For example I have never been into the romance scam. (maybe I'm too old.)

Many baiters don't like Lotto Lads. I, however do alot of them. I didn't say I like them, I just happen to do well with them by being obtuse. (something that I do well)

I have just recently started playing the "check mule" game and I am really enjoying myself, although I admit they are a strange "hunt".

If I had to pick a favorite, I think it would be the straight bait of a "bank customer" scam. It leaves alot of room for alternative directions in which to take the bait.

I guess it's really up to you. What do YOU like.

You will find your niche.

Always,
B. A. Ware
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the easiest and a good start is the dead relative/trunk boxes etc.

My personal favourites are the lottery lads and fake check scammers. I occasionaly also do enjoy a romance scam.

Read through the published baits to get some ideas Wink

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My current favourite is the trade in alluvial gold. Cash boxes and dead relatives are also fun. I don't do the romance - same reason as BAware I guess - and don't have the patience of lotta for lotto.

I usually always straight bait. This gives me the advantage of being able to draw things out with very short and occassionally one-line responses - I need not devote much time per bait.

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like straight baits, dead relatives, inheritances, churches. Once hooked, (this may take a while, patience Grasshopper), I usually go a bit tangenital. I'm still not the best at this, as other members put me to shame. Still, it entertains me to no end, and I'm doing something worth while. I have had a jet crash or two into the Pacific Ocean, and some failed Safari's, and a close arrest. But what the hell. Waste their time, ask a ton of questions, and carry on. My baits seem to run a month or two, then fade out. A lot of this "success" is based upon me, when I seem to get bored and let them fade out. My latest favorite is the "Satan is coming to take you in your sleep" baits.

Joe, no expert, always learning.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with the majority on this one: dead relatives, ghastly accidents, trunk boxes, etc. Anything that usually involves three or more characters on the scammer's side for a start (e.g. a wealthy man's widow, the bank official, and the barrister). The more characters involved and the more complicated the scam, the easier it is to create awkward situations and introduce various kinds of communication breakdowns.

I also like to bait scammers who target certain populations or causes I'm closely involved with, no matter what kind of format they're using (the "altruistic" choice of baits, if you will).

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
Captain Oblivious
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like check baits, because those lads (at least to me) are the easiest to get to 'blow up', and because of the good feeling of knowing the lad at least spent some money on the fake check and postage.
I also like the phone lads, because they're always quick to respond. Wink

Dear Captain Crunch, I verified the payment once again and the payment cannot be found.I took the payment slip to the western union office and i was held for 2hours because they thought i am impersonating. -James Hepp
You have been informed that you only have from now till Money, you are to send the money Via Western Union Money Transfer, that is your dead line of payment. Please take note. -James Lawrence
AND I DO NT WANT TO SEE THIS YOUR STUPID MAIL ANY MORE OR ELSE I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE F.B.I IN YOUR COUNTRY. USLESS THING -Thomas Akabike Robert, after one of his 13 trips to Moneygram
why most you ask again what do you go to western union to do, hope you are there to make a payment. -Shola Tan
DO NOT WRITE TO THIS OFFICE ANY LONGER.
We await your prompt response. -John Duke
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Romance baits. I love the challenge of talking to them in YIM and messing with their minds for an hour or so a day. Trophies are harder to get, especially off Vlads, so when I do get one I have an even bigger sense of achievement for it. Plus of course the fact romance scam victims aren't the victims of their own greed, but for falling for someone who isn't who they say they are.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the dead relative or business proposal ones, I get a warm feeling when the caps arrive.

Also as said above they are easy to do and its fun watching a lad scratch his head when you confuse him.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm only a baby baiter, so I'm sticking to "dead guy in a plane crash" scams for now so I get a good feel for them. Doing three at once.
Amazing how Mister Jong-Il-Kam suddendly becomes a named relative of mine after 7 or 8 emails, even sharing my characters surname.
Praise be!

I have ambitions to do romance scams in the future once I'm experienced enough. But my mentor is a check scam man, so who knows, that may rub off on me.

Happy baiting!

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's mostly love scammers for me. The e-mail ones are easy to string along for the most part, although the trophy opportunities are limited. IM baits are much more fun, as you get to work them over in real time, but can be very high maintenence.

I always try and keep a classic "box of cash" scammer on the back burner though. Smile
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a soft spot for lost orphans. You can mother them while you give hell to their barrister.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Tikk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no real preference. Although i do find lotto lads boring as my imagination tends to put them off somewhat and they drop me almost instantly.

I've never straight baited in my life, as i don't have the patience for it unfortunately. But i'm getting better at making myself believable, so it shouldn't matter.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't do lotto lads or romance baits. I just find them too hard. But basically I start out with ASEMs, so if they end up in the batch, then I don't mind. But I find that 99 times out of 100, those lads won't play. I tend to target specific areas, rather than just a specific TYPE of scam. I prefer SA lads and Accra lads. I find they 'play' better. Twisted Evil

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tend to go for fake charities and sick children's scams.

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The trunkbox / NOK scams have the most potential for being built up into a grand, glorius, confusing house of cards. They are mentally the most challenging, at least for me. But, for a quick return on your baiting investment, nothing beats telling a check scammer that you're keeping the whole amount and that he can sue you if he doesn't like it!

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
ScamBaitSco
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dead/Dying Relative ones for me and Business proposistions. Seem easy enoguh when you're starting out.

The passport did not show, pls resend it again. - Mik3 0bi
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
-C-
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the Cote d'Ivoire orphans. They are so cute when they are crying for their life and trying to convince me that their uncle is going to kill them tomorrow, but they can be saved if only I go to Western Union today and send them gazillion dollars. And then it starts all over, when we encounter a little problem and the payment couldn't be made. Apparently their uncle is very slow to kill them.

I also like them because they don't have attitude problem, they are usually very obedient. When a lad says he is a barrister or bank official, he often gets too cocky for my liking and is too important for his own good.
Then again, it's all the more fun to get him to do something funny if this is the situation. But the orphans are very quick to do as ordered and if they start crying again, it's always easy to slap them with "Just do as I told you, lad, I am a seasoned businessman and know what I'm asking you to do here." Like, what are they going to say? No, I'm not going to do it, because as a 17-years old orphan I know these business things far better than you do?

I also have special attention reserved for the cancer lads. Anyone who has ever baited a cancer lad (majority here, methinks), certainly knows why.

Pith Helmet Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso -> Lome, Togo

Pith Helmet Joseph: Accra --> Lome. "IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU TO STOP FOOLING AROUND INTERNET OKAY."

"YOU WILL REGREAT INSULTIN ME. WATCH OUT AS THE TUNDER STROKES." -Idi.

"Hello", "Hello", "Are you a pineapple?" "Yes." -Phone conversation with a random lad now only known as "Mr. Pineapple".
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
I have a soft spot for lost orphans. You can mother them while you give hell to their barrister.

Those are the one's I love turning into romance baits. Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't do comedy baits...only straight baits, no matter what type of lad I find.
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, I am mostly a straight baiter and a back seat trophy baiter Laughing I love baiting reverse scammers though - you can go from completely trusting to completely paranoid on those and demand some mothering from your lads. What can I say? I need a lot of TLC. Reverse scammers tend to come with free counseling Smile

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic