SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Car located England......Seller located in Canada.....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SvenRezt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
Ok, I usually ignore the usual scams, but this seemed interested - I saw an advert for a car on ebay - the car was definately suspiciously cheap, though, not as cheap as other scams I have seen, so I sent him a message.

It has the typical scam style of writing - eg, instead of saying 'The car is in perfect condition', he writes:
'the 2005 Smart Roadster Coupe Brabus (semi-automatic) is in perfect condition'

Anyway - I have emailed he back, so will keep posting on my progress, I will try to get a little story going!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]

Hi there,
I am really interested in the smart car.
Is there a time that i might be able to come and view it?
Cheers,
SvenRezt

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: SvenRezt

Hello ,
Thank you for contacting me in order to buy the car that i posted for sale. The
2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe brabus (Semi-Automatic)is in perfect condition inside and outside as well. Never involved in any accidents , no scratches and always garage keep. I never smoke in it and i want to sell it to a serious person who will take very good care of it. The car have the steering wheel on the right side because is an UK car , have UK plates .I am located in St. John's,Canada but the car is located in UK right now and i want to sell it because my intention is to live in Canada and I need one with the steering wheel on the left side. A car dealer told me to try to sell it on this website because i can find a lot of potential buyers from all United Kingdom. The price that i'm asking for this great car is 3,200 GBP including all taxes (shipping & insurance). If you want to buy this car wich is extremely fast and dependable and also fun to drive then don't miss this unique opportunity. This car has a clear title and will come with all original manuals and keys . If you need other informations regarding the vehicle then please contact me and i will answer in very short time. I only take in consideration those buyers who are really interesed in buying the car, to be sure that I don't spend my time with endless disscutions,or pure curiosity. Thank you and i hope we can make a deal together !!!
Best Regards!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I am interested in the car, and would like to view it.
What city is the car located? (You said that it was located in the UK).
Are you going to be present personally for me to view it, or will i go through someone else?

Thanks,
SvenRezt
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

semi automatic? Laughing

EDIT: oooooohh!! Embarassed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_transmission

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
419krishna
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Straight baiting will not help. These questions will scare the scammer and he will just ignore the rest of the discussions.
SvenRezt
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well,
It took a couple of days, but I got a reply:

Hello ,
Thanks for your email .
The car is located in UK ,and has the steering wheel on the right
side,because is an european car registered in Uited Kingdom.
The car is like new, completely working, low miles (12.800),it has always
been garage kept,this car was never crushed, dropped or raced, no scratches,
no dents.The total price is 3200 gbp and also i`ll pay all the shipping costs and insurance ,
and of course i`ll pay the shipping company fees.
I want to tell you if you are not 100 % satisfied you can send the car back
with no extra costs .
If you agree with my terms email me with your full name and the address
where the vehicle will be shipped.
As soon as i`ll receive this details from you i`ll start the shipping .
Let me know !
Thank You !
Daniel

Also - whats funny is that there is another ebay listing, with that SAME pictures, SAME details, but different seller, different email.

I sent him an email, and got:

Hello there,

First of all you must know that right now Im located in Potsdam, Germany due to my job and the car will be shipped from here. I have a car from my job to drive here, so I can`t keep this one anymore, pay insurance and all the associated taxes, as I have a 5 years contract here. It is very difficult for me to drive a right-handed car in Europe, so I`m forced to sell it.
There is no outstanding finance on the car. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident. The motor runs awesome. The tires are like new. Also, I found about the very high import duties and I've changed my mind and I've decided to sell the vehicle. I want to sell it in UK because is still registered there. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car into your name.
Buy it now price is �3,200.00 with shipping/handling included. The car will be insured during transportation and will be delivered in front of your door.
If you are still interested we will complete the deal only through Ebay using their Vehicle Protection Program. If you agree with these terms, please reply with your full name and shipping address. I will forward your details to ebay and they will notify you about our deal.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Anybody have any ideas on how to progress?
jackndebocks
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I see many of these type of adds in my area's car trade publications. In fact, it was due to these type of adds that I started learning about such type of scams and joined this site.

I would also look forward to reading other's experiences with these scamers.

Typically the adds I see mention the car being located in the UK....

Cheers!
mantadog
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never had any first hand baiting experiance with thse types of scams myself, Just try to waste as much time as possible i dont know if these scammers like to go in safari, but you could arrange a pickup a few hundred miles away from his address.

failing that just waste his time and try for trophy picture maybe?
uwefuchs
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are quite a few Porsche Boxters on Ebay that are scams. Could be fun doing a reply and seeing if I can get the scammer on safari. Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic