SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scambaiting success?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
offonatechnicality
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone know the success rates of scambaiting at reducing the amount of scamming? Is there any evidence that scamming has decreased since scambaiting started?
frankireland
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1)57.46%
2)Yes

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not wanting to contradict Frankireland I'll quote Socrates:

""I know that I know nothing."
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@frankireland, I just checked the report and you got your digits mixed up. Last years results were 57.64% but I'm sure the numbers this year are going to be record breaking.
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The EFCC will be doing a census of the scammers later this year in which they will ask what percentage of scams are successful what percentage are fruitless and what percentage turned out to be wan... I mean master baiters

Incedentally there is a 99.996% chance that this post is BS

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope they wait until I get my monster ASEM project up and running before they conduct their census. I'm sure the percentages will go WAY up. Wink
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe the correct answer to the first question should also have been "yes".

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
itsoktoplay
Master Baiter

Location: Where I'm baiting. You were there. Two worlds colliding...

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bubba, help us out here. great guestions. but little or no context. we could be baiting, yet resorting to debating. what is it, exactly? gotta know, new guy.

NSFW:

MORE FOR YOU, YOU THAT WAS BORN FROM A SMELLIN PUSSY, THERE ARE LOOKING FOR
YOUR MOTHER TO USE HER PUSSY LIQUIDE FOR ATOMIC BOMB PLEASE SEND ME HER
NUMBERS, WE WILL MAKE ALOT OF MONEY FROM IT. 50/50 FAIR DEAL (MONKEY)
[email protected]

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BE AN IGBO. [email protected]

You sound so dead, and I like it. dead boy is what you are. [email protected]
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
icrighthruU
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I have too many I do a copy paste of this
? 419 ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMRjymIvGu4

If the same lad replies my next is

"let the games begin"

If they continue I pick out the appropriate charater and start up with the bait. When they start asking if I'm being serious. I reply:
Did you read my previous emails?

Today alone I got 16 mailer deamon return's out of the 56 scam letters in my spam filter. That's way up. I used to get only 4/5 returnes.

I think this is working Wink
Wink Wink Wink Wink
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can do a phone survey of Lads to find out Twisted Evil

Let's all do a phone surve of Lads Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You can't argue with a reply straight from the goat's mouth - can you ? Very Happy

and you're here debaiting the issue - so initial reports are favourable Very Happy Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That sounds likea good idea. Just bulk send a questionnaire with your K7 number and a promise of a free laptop to a randomly drawn winner. I'm sure you'll get a few takers.

You can then bait that lad who's "won" the laptop. Laughing
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seriously; scambaiters are far too few to have any great effect on scammers (yet) but I know for a cast-iron 100% certainty that we have helped many many hundreds of potential victims, which is more important to me and many others here.

There are some dimwitted plebs (some who were even scambaiters themselves once Rolling Eyes ) who like to tell us we're wasting our time. A more exceptional example of absolute cluelessness I cannot think of right now.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\

OK. And on that note I have two questions:

1. Since most of us are "subscribed" to the same lad shuttle, isn't it probable that the majority of us end up baiting the same group of muck and can we do anything to increase our "coverage"?

2. Why are Lotto lads so markedly different from the "mllions-waiting-for-your-WU" lads? Why is it so easy to draw out the latter and almost never the former?

Or is it so only with me?

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
mantadog
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1. Any lad sending out lots of emails could be baited, if you sign geustbooks yourself aswell as the use the shuttle then its possible any lad could cross your path.

2. Lotto lads dont seem to like doing much work, donno why thats is tho. maybe they are new to scamming and its like the junior position in the office?
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lotto Lads aren't necessarily a 'breed apart' and I know that some, 'deceased relative' lads also operate as Lotto lads.

It's more like a short swift money earning part time job for them. They have to use a different technique and it depends on their internet skills, but a lot are the same Lads using a different 'modality'.

The advantage to them, is also their major weakness for a baiter to exploit. I baited 40 at once on a copy and paste basis a week or two ago, to cause them major pain and anguish. In the end I couldn't keep track of them. My inbox exploded, but I was happy that I brought major disappointment to them for as long as I could.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic