SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

My Solution to a Problem

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Trawler
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My love, who developed the greatest and warmest affection for me, talking to me in the most endearing terms imaginable after only 2 letters, is absolutely genuine and not a scammer at all. Unfortunately, she cannot speak English and paying a translator puts a considerable financial strain on her. Fortunately, I developed a solution:

Quote:
Thanks very much for your candor; I know that it was difficult for you to raise the issue you did.

I have something rather personal and sensitive to tell you, too. A couple of years ago, I started correspondence with a woman in Russia - where, it doesn't matter. She couldn't speak English - or so she said - and asked me for help paying a translator, which I freely gave. She spoke wonderfully, and told me how important I was to her, and she was intelligent and romantic. I fell in love with her, and she - or so she said - was deeply in love with me. All this time, I kept sending money to pay a translator - quite an insignificant sum to me, but evidently a worthwhile sum to her, as I was to learn. We made plans to meet, but a couple of days before I was to leave, I got an email from her. She mocked and derided me, said she never cared about me, that there was no translator, that she was fluent in English, and that she wrote to hundreds of American men along the same lines, and got quite a nice income from her dishonesty!

You can well imagine that I was devastated. What I had thought of as the love of my life, the woman I was going to spend my life with, to whom I had poured out my heart, didn't care for me at all, but only wanted to take money from me while mocking me for my trust and open-heartedness. It took me a year to really get over it, but I finally said, I am not at fault, I did nothing wrong, it is she who should feel ashamed, not I.

Now, it's clear to me that you are not anything like that bad woman, but still, you can see how paying for a translator brings up bad memories for me. It would be too upsetting. I don't even know the procedures, anyway; how does one convey money from the U.S. to Ukraine? Mail a check? How long would it take for the bank to clear it?

But I have a solution; I found a great translating website. It is this:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

I tested it, using lines from a poem! The first few lines of "Ulysses," by Alfred, Lord Tennyson. I translated it from English to Russian, and then back to English, and it was quite understandable, and matched reasonably well to the original! It's free to use.

So, I suggest giving that a try. Just translate my words to Russian, and translate your response from Russian to English. We'll manage all right, and it won't bring up bad memories for me, and I know you don't want to make me feel bad.

She'll be happy and grateful that I've solved the problem, don't you think?
Shadowplay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I suspect she will need a few days to consider her response. Very Happy

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was really hoping that your solution was that the ex girlfriend was going to translate for you Cool

That just opens up so many many doors.

BTW I just phoned my solicitor in Nigeria and if you would like to purchase that idea it will only cost $10 for copyright fee plus his costs.

Thanks in advance for your payment Smile

419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll buy it. Do you take payment via Western Union? Laughing
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Only via Secure of course and I like lots and lots of questions to answer. BTW the Solicitor said any payment above a couple of trillion is worth while Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic